FOREX PRO WEEKLY March 10-14, 2014

It is your PERSONALITY who trades

...Some of our forumers were frustrated concerning the term of B&B. They said it is “too long”. But guys, what have you expected? This is weekly pattern. Just imagine that you see not weekly but hourly chart – is it seems too long 4 hours to get the target? I guess not. The reason why you could think that it is too long is because you’ve chosen wrong time frame for trading that is not suitable for you by some reasons – either personality or money management (too large distances). Because this pattern has worked perfectly – it was not erased and it’s invalidation point was not hit. Pattern has reached the target after 4 periods...

As I was on the forum more than usual last week, I noticed this frustration that some of your expressed as well. I want to offer an advice hopping to help.

A little background -
I have been trading for few years, spent time on working out my 3Ms (Method, MoneyManagement, and Mind), read tons of TA books, studied extensively Mark Douglas, Ari Kiev... - I assume majority of us on this forum knows about them), but still had feeling that some piece of my trading strategy puzzle was missing.
Coincidently, about a year ago I started a project on an individual personality and how our genetics affect our career (from a different prospective, corporate organizational structure - in my other life :)). Some learning and discoveries from that project shoot a bright light on my trading deficiency. And I decided to took a "pet" project of my own to dig more in the personality study related to traders...
Long story short – to be a successful trader, you not only need to know your money management techniques, your trading method and its edge, and have a right mind set. But, most importantly, you need to know YOURSELF! Discover what type of personality you are born with. Are you a risk-taker or risk-avoider, need actions/changes or calm/stability, looking into getting all the details on a subject or just want to see the overall picture. The other important piece of that learning was for me that these qualities are coded in our genetics. Do you see a kid who wants to re-read each word in a book over and over, and another one who jumps through the pages and just wants to know how the story ended? Yes, obviously our life experiences shape us... but in a deep self we are who we are.
If you know who you are, next you should find a trading style that suits your personality. Can you wait few weeks (or days) for a patter to materialize or you need to trade news for few minutes and move on? For people of action monthly/weekly setups will bring losses, while for people of patience they will end up with profit.

I know that Sive has a different style and it does not suit my personality. Did I use his targets? Yes, occasionally I fall into that trap :) And I should admit those trades were not much success for me. Did I blame Sive for my losses? Obviously not! I am the one who set the order and clicked "buy" or "sell". No one forced me to do it, apart from either my greed or my fear. But now when I question myself why did I take a trade on EUR and it did not work, I know the answer!

The main point – don't try to change yourself, but learn who you are and use this learning to your advantage.
Hope it helps,
stranik

Beautiful day to you Commander in Pips,
Your analysis is of great value, This weekend I analyst USD/JPY and GBP/USD but thank God You analyst UJ. I deeply appreciate your effort, time, Commitment and patient in teach trader like me. You are my mentor.
But pls when You conclude after you analysis, for long term do you just consider Monthly and weekly analysis to draw your conclusion for long term and Daily and intraday charts for shot term conclusion??
Thanks as usual. Commander in pips Sir.

Pls Everybody in the House
Upload here is my GBP/USD Analysis for this week.
pls feel free to correct me and draw my attention to any area You consider of great important that I ommited.
thanks Commander in pips and everybody in the house.

Attachments

• GBPUSD MARCH 10-14, 2014.docx
    260.3 KB · Views: 30
  • peacock_puppet.jpg
    peacock_puppet.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Firstly Sive I do not recollect you saying that the move to 103.50 area being on the weekly timeframe ? but.. then again this was 1 month ago, and you have inserted an extract from original analysis to explain this and the untouched 127 ext of weekly butterfly so I am happy with that. I moved my stops up too early & on 2 occasions. So another lesson learned here! I note now your bias has changed from monthly bearish engulfing pattern from January candle. The overall trend is still up & as you say we still have untouched 127 of weekly butterfly target at 106.34 but is it also now more because of 'Stop Grabber'?
I think part of problem is that you gave this analysis..then you go back to euro for several days & with all the fundamentals etc I get confused on timeframes because I am keeping 1 eye on euro/$ all the time. And also I am assuming that euro$ is contrarian pair toUSD/JPY which is 'sometimes' the case especially on lower timeframes. Anyw
ay I think I have to stick now to Daily & 4 hourly Butterfly etc..with overall trend on higher timeframes. One last thing Sive,
is 106.30 Target the 161.8 of the move from June 2007.? If so then I am a genious..am I not.!? :confused:

Very well said. This is especially importang for me because I am struggling with lower & higer timeframes & my personality is conflicting with my trading style...

is the dinapoli indicator for stop grabbers already available for free or is still proprietary? although it's not fundamental it can be somewhat useful...

Hi Ochills!
The type of action you indicate as Butterfly on Monthly and Weekly is nothing of that sort, in my opinion. The Butterfly, as Sive explained a number of times, is not a drawing. Is a price behavior that indicates the exhaustion of one direction or trend. On GBP there was no direction, only some flat move on Monthly.
Besides, the left wing of that butterfly exceeds the low of the right wing.

Hi Commander in pips,
Pls sir can you comment on this butterfly,
this is my view the butterfly developed clearly on Weekly TF, but I think It is appealing to me on monthly TF and it will serve as a remembrance of the development in weekly TF since they are both long term view.
I also concluded that the right wing low of the weekly butterfly does not close below the left wing and as such I considered it a good butterfly to put into consideration on the long term view. MA Of NR is a typographic error it Should be A of NR meaning AREA OF NATURAL RESISTANCE.
Pls Commander in pips RIGHT my WRONGS.
Thanks as usual Commander in pips.

Attachments

• gbpusdweekly.png
    gbpusdweekly.png
    47 KB · Views: 13
HI Ochills
i hope this will help you brother..
butterly.jpg

Here is an example..
GBPUSD 4Hr time frame
gbpusd1111.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

In my opinion, I think market has started to react to form butterfly buy, which will give us an opportunity to buy dip as commander in pips as recommended in his analysis this week. Butterfly completion target stand at 102.268 which is very close to the level Commander in pips suggested price might retrace to 102.17.
"Here I do not see any reversal patterns yet. WPR1 stands very close to next daily target around 104.50. Theoretically price could show retracement even to WPS1 and this will not be a tragedy. But, it will be better if retracement will end somewhere around WPP and nearest Fib levels, may be even around 102.17 support but not lower. This would be perfect." said by Sive Commander in pips

Attachments

• USDJPY 30M.PNG
    USDJPY 30M.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 15
  • USDJPY 1H.PNG
    USDJPY 1H.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 11
Back