FOREX PRO Weekly May 27-31, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Monthly chart now looks very intriguing. First of all here we can see impact of yearly pivot support. This is really long-term support and it rather strong, especially since it coincides with 50% Fib support, and market can’t still pass through it. In fact, moving below yearly pivot will give market the direction for the rest of the year – that’s why this level is significant.
On previous week we’ve discussed appearing of bullish engulfing pattern around 1.29 area and perspectives of it, but on passed week market has shown too extended retracement down. Although lows of engulfing have not been taken out, now it starts to look more as flag bearish continuation pattern, rather than upward continuation appeal.
Currently I do not see valuable reasons to speak about upward trend – signs of it are weak, if they exist at all. Even if we will not take into consideration MACD bear trend, it will be possible to start think about potential upward action only if market will return right back to major 50% resistance around 1.3500 area at minimum, or even will take out 1.37 highs.
Conversely bearish continuation needs to show shallower confirmations – will be enough, if market will break flag down and move below yearly pivot point. Perspectives of this potential action are really impressive. First road will be to 1.2150- 1.2330 Yearly pivot support 1 and all time 50% support. But next is 1.1650 – take a look, may be you also will find potential left wing of butterfly “Buy” here...
Even if we take a look at nature of action here, we can see that downward candles are faster, greater and heavier. Previous retracement up lasted for 7 monthly, but after 2 months market has passed half of it back. The combination of all these moments makes me think that domination on bears’ side now. I can’t specify precisely the value of it, but it seems that bears have more power here now.

eur_m_27_05_13.png

Weekly
Here I do not see any drastical changes. Actually we have inside week, despite all doom and gloom and furious action within the previous week. Although initially we’ve made assumption that upward retracement will become just a shadow on weekly candle and market will pass neckline down, but EUR has given us just small white candle – inside one to previous week, and I do not see any problems with that. Left shoulder of current pattern consists of 11 candles, while right shoulder has only 9, so there is no break of time harmony here just yet.
So, on weekly chart context is the same – H&S and bearish stop grabber pattern. Targets are the same:
If this pattern will work – it will lead us to 1.23 area, that is also yearly pivot support 1 and last stand for the bulls – you’ll see this easily if take a bit extended view on monthly chart. All swing lows stand around 1.2150-1.2350 – that is all time 50% support level.
eur_w_27_05_13.png

Daily
On daily time frame we’ve discussed potential targets and levels million of times and we know that potential downward target is 1.2750 low – current AB-CD 0.618 extension target, weekly stop grabber target. Here in fact we’re interested in just one thing – do we have bearish stop grabber here or not. By-the-book approach we don’t – market has closed 3 pips higher than MACDP line, but I think that we do. We will not treat it as stop grabber and will not apply common rules to trade it, but as you will see a bit later – we will have other patterns that point on downward action, that in general support an idea of stop grabber here. Besides, as I’ve said in previous daily updates, since dollar-related markets now mostly are driven by USD, rather than basis assets – we have stop grabber on daily gold, that due to mentioned reason, could also relatively confirm current situation on EUR. If you will compare 2-3 weeks action on gold and EUR, you’ll find that it almost identical.
Thus, although this opinion is disputable, I am inclined to put the bet on bearish action and stick with most recent swing down as a basis for our trading on next week.
eur_d_27_05_13.png

4-hour
This time frame in fact, is a major one for our plan. We’ve talked about this pattern on Friday and now the chances that it will start to work are growing. Here is another explanation why I offer to stick with most recent swing down. As we talked previously, if market will move above 1.2950 – it will erase all bearish patterns and return right back in previous consolidation. That will simulteniously open road to 1.3250 highs. That’s why short-term bearish invalidation point – is top of the butterfly. If, conversely, butterfly will work – we can count of impressive risk/reward trade.
Speaking about butterfly itself, we see second price failure to pass through 1.2950 area. Now it looks like bearish engulfing here. Also take a note, that even 1.27 butterfly target suggests taking out of daily 1.2750 lows, i.e. stands in agreement with weekly stop grabber pattern and daily AB-CD. But I think that if 1.2750 lows will fall – market will get acceleration down and we should be focused on 1.618 butterfly here probably, at minimum.
eur_4h_27_05_13.png

60-min
Here is second pattern, that I’ve talked about in “daily” part of research – hourly H&S. Also it includes Friday butterfly, that we’ve talked about in video. As this pattern has been formed right at major resistance, we can also take into consideration MACD bearish divergence. Trend has turned bearish here. By looking at this setup we can easily create a trading plan – enter short somewhere around 1.2950-1.2960 with stops above red circle – 1.30. Interestingly, that WPP stands precisely at neckline. If market will break it down – we simulteniously get as sentiment as technical confirmation of bearish development.
eur_1h_27_05_13.png

Conclusion:
In a big picture market stands at the edge of the deep – some steps down on monthly chart could lead to really dramatic fall to extended downward targets.
Meantime, on short-term perspective, we have various bearish patterns that point on potential downward development at minimum to 1.2750. Existence of very close invalidation point makes participation on bearish side even more attractive.
At least currently I do not see any reasons to take long positions. We probably will get some, if market will erase short-term bearish context and return right back above 1.30 area and hold there.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 28, May 2013

Good morning,
despite on Memorial Day on Monday, market now is showing intriguing price action. On daily time frame in fact two moments to watch for. First is our invalidation point around 1.30 - market has not reached it yet and hasn't returned in consolidation above it. Second is - current price action, that now starts to look as bearish dynamic pressure. Since price has shifted trend to bullish, it should show bullish action, that we do not see yet. Conversely we see some downward creeping with MACDP line. If this move down will continue - this will be bearish dynamic pressure that will give us solid confirmation of downward acceleration:
eur_d_28_05_13.png

On 4hour chart actually is nothing to comment - the same butterfly here. Recall that we mostly focus on 1.2675 target, since there are a lot of stops right below 1.2740.
eur_4h_28_05_13.png

Most significant for us is hourly time frame. Today market has shown splash down and now is re-testing of broken neck line of our H&S pattern. Within nearest couple of hours we probably will get clarification - will our bearish setup start to work or not. Pay attention that neckline stands in the same area as hourly MACDP and market is forming bearish stop grabber. If this pattern will be confirmed by close price - that could trigger downward action and current re-testing of broken line could become some kind of "kiss goodbye".
eur_1h_28_05_13.png

Conversely, if market will return right above it - it will put under question overall bearishness on the market in the short term. Thus, here what we will do in nearest time:

1. If you have shorts from the top of right shoulder - move your stops to b/e
2. If you don't - wait for confirmation of stop grabber. If it will be confirmed you can take short position.
3. If market will return right back above neckline - don't be short, wait for more clues. It could lead potentially to destruction of bearish setup.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 29, May 2013

Good morning,
market is showing the price action that we would like to see and that we've discussed yesterday and in our weekly research. Now on daily chart we can say that we've got bearish dynamic pressure, although it is a bit faster. Usually it assumes taking out of previous lows and this stands in a row with our short-term expectations for current week:

eur_d_29_05_13.png

On 4-hour chart is not much to comment - butterfly is in progress and market finally has started to show downward acceleration. Recall, that we should be focused mostly on 1.2675 target rather than 1.2735 due to possible stop order triggering:

eur_4h_29_05_13.png

Most important for today's trading session is hourly chart, especially for those who would like to take short position or add more to one that exist already. Market gradually is approaching to support that includes WPS1 and AB=CD target. Now price is forming something that looks like 3-Drive Buy pattern. Thus, we can't exclude that some retracement up is possible. At the same time this bounce should not be too extended. Thus, major level to watch for short entry is nearest 1.2880 with stops somewhere above WPP and K-resistance area. As usual, we do not want to see fast explosive up move - we need gradual approach of the price to this level.
eur_1h_29_05_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 30, May 2013

Good morning,
well, yesterday we correctly have cought 3-Drive buy on hourly chart that has become a trigger for upward action, but we didn't assume that this bounce could become as significant as it is.
Situation here becomes sophisticated since it is skewed from cloudless bearish development. Still this is not the end of bearish trend yet. Our analysis was based on AB-type retracement, while market now is showing AB-CD upward retracement. The difficulty of current situation stands with potential finish of this move up. The light way assumes move to 1.3040 area, creating an Agreement resistance and turn down. But if market will pass through it - we should be ready for 1.33+ move - AB-CD on weekly chart. Although this will not cancel H&S on weekly as well as bearish context there - it will significantly change short-term sentiment and daily direction
Now on daily time frame trend is bullish and we have bullish stop grabber, that suggests erasing of our bearish setup and move above invalidation point. Thus, we can't enter short here. On first glance long entry does not look attractive either - risk/reward ratio is poor, since nearest target is 1.3020-1.3040, otherwise you will find some area on intraday charts where to place tighter stop:
eur_d_30_05_13.png

4-hour chart has no significant details for us. Although I keep butterfly here, it's shape was distorted significantly and probably we can't treat it as butterfly anymore, although theoreticaly it wasn't vanished yet.... Trend is bullish here as well.

eur_4h_30_05_13.png

Hourly chart probably could be useful for those, who wants to enter long. If market will start retracement down - K-support area around WPP is an area to watch for.
eur_1h_30_05_13.png

So, what counclusions could be made right now? First is, we can't enter short right now. Long enter currently is not as attractive as it could be due close target, but this is personal. By-the-book-approach has bullish patterns and theoretically we have foundation to enter long, but the question stands with attractiveness of this entry.

The safer way to deal with current market by my thought is to wait for 1.3040 area. Wait for reversal patterns around and enter short if we will get any. If we will be right - then market will start "222" daily pattern there. If we will be wrong - this is solid resistance and market probably will respect it - that, as usual, will let us move stop to b/e.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 31, May 2013

Good morning,
EUR has shown action that we've expected, since price has vanished all bearish patterns that we previously had. Now market stands at our nearest target - 1.3050 Agreement resistance. My thought is that we probably should stand aside from taking some long-term possition and overvalue current upward action. Yes, move is not bad, but at my taste we need more confidence, particularly we need clarification how market will response on current resistance.
Today's Friday and may be it makes sense to take broader view during weekend on market, and currently focus on intraday action.

eur_d_31_05_13.png

On 4-hour chart we have excellent setup for possible DiNapoli directional pattern - either DRPO or B&B. Market stands at resistance and some retracement is possible, although we do not have any reversal patterns yet on lower time frames. Thus, if market will reach 1.2990-1.3005 area by first penetration of 3x3 DMA - this will be context for B&B, while double penetration without reaching any significant support levels here could lead to DRPO "Sell" and deeper retracement down. Most probable target in this case is 1.2950
At least I do not see anything else here. On hourly time frame no patterns still. So, probably it will be better to focus on these potential trades, while we expect some more clarification to assess longer-time perspective.
eur_4h_31_05_13.png

Last edited:
SG

Thank you Sive for the analysis!

Actually, on my chart there is a SG on Daily. I don't know...

I tried to anticipate it with the double top on 15M chart :). I only put 2 positions because the move up was very strong
I will add more, since now there is more confidence with the engulfing (almost) on H4, right at Confluence Resistance. This is very Bearish from what I know.

Attachments

• eurusddaily.png
    eurusddaily.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 31
  • eurusdh4.png
    eurusdh4.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 26
  • eurusdm15.png
    eurusdm15.png
    54 KB · Views: 28
Thank you very much for the analysis sir..
here i am posting my chart its 1.2926
daily tf.jpg

Wish you all a very happy weekend..

Double Repo Buy on Daily?

Hi Sive, Please tell me if this is double repo Buy on the Daily time frame. It has all needed requirements, yes? The red line is the 3x3 MA.

Attachments

• EURUSD.jpg
    EURUSD.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 30
Hi Cosmos,
no, this is not DRPO by two reasons - not sufficient number of bars in the thrust and too deep upward retracement, that probably hit even 50% level.

Back