Former FPA Special Consultant
ADP Non-Farm Employment Change
Forecast 102K
Previous 157K
Pair to trade: USD/JPY
Triggers we need: BUY 45 SELL -45

Economical Impact: High
Typical Result: Actual forecast is good for the currency
Occurrence: This data Released monthly, about 2 days after the month ends.

About our Triggers:
If US Non-Farm Payroll Employment Change number comes out at +60 or less USD/JPY should go down by about 40 pips. We are using triggers of -45 for short.
If it comes out at +170K or better USD/JPY should go up by about 30 pips. We are using for +45 trigger for long.

Why do we care?
ADP provides payroll services to many Businesses in the US. They use the data collected from their customers to derive the overall employment estimations. Job creation is an important leading indicator of consumer spending, which accounts for a majority of overall economic activity.

Method to trade this: Stavro D’Amore Trading Method
Please keep in mind possibility of Revision number before entering any of these strategies.

Prior to the release (2-3 mins) I will be looking for a short term short position in USD/JPY and I will get out of this trade 30 seconds before the actual release or any spreads that should widen.

I'd recommend spike trading as the best option when there is great uncertainty in the markets; also the liquidity is very good at the moment if you’re using an ECN broker.

I will look for a 50% retracement in the original spike before entering a trade; I will sell half my position as soon as I hit the original high point of the first initial spike, and place a SL at entry price. My TP level would be Just before a resistance level or if the chart decides to form a level looking at a 15 min time frame.

Historical Chart and Data for US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change

What is US ADP NFP?
The total nonfarm payroll accounts for approximately 80% of the workers who produce the entire gross domestic product of the United States. The nonfarm payroll statistic is used to assist government policy makers and economists determine the current state of the economy and predict future levels of economic activity

All the best

Stavro D’Amore

Last edited by a moderator:
Triggers

ADP Non-Farm Employment Change
Forecast 102K

If US Non-Farm Payroll Employment Change number comes out at +60 or less USD/JPY should go down by about 40 pips. We are using triggers of -45 for short.
If it comes out at +170K or better USD/JPY should go up by about 30 pips. We are using for +45 trigger for long.

Hi Stavro, your explanations are excellent, but i cannot accurately follow your numbers:
forecast+45= 147 (not 170)
forecast-45= 57 (more or less 60)
Am I missing sth?
THANK YOU
Aldo

Hi the numbers are
Forecast 102K
Previous 157K

If we get 45 less from the forecast than sell
IF we get 45 more on the forecast than BUY

This is for pair USDJPY.

selling before ADP

hello Stravo, thanks for helping us trade after and pre spike.
Why you sold before spike on ADP?
where i can read about your strategies.
Thanks

J

Back