FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some 2 new EA tests for you to check out. The first is on a live account...

Orange Forex EA

And, the other one is on a demo...

Hedge V1.0 by ForexLandia.com

I'd like to thank both for volunteering. I also want to wish them the best of luck and happy trading.

A big pile of new tests for you

I've got a lot of new EA tests for you today.

First, those brave enough to volunteer on live accounts...

AllOnlyInOne by TK-FX

CypherFX

Forex Envy Ultra Power

Forex Identity Real by PipInvestment

Forex Robot TFOT by IticSoftware

Fzami EA

GPS Forex Robot has added a live account to run in parallel with their existing demo account

And volunteers on demos this time are...

ABC Forex Robot

Forex Drive

I'd like to thank all of these companies for volunteering. I wish them the best of luck and happy trading.

Is there anyone out there who still thinks that Performance Test mailings are endorsements? If so, I'd like to note that at least 2 of the EA tests in today's list are in deep drawdown as I write this.

A lot of new EA tests

I've got a lot of new EA Performance Tests for you today. First, the brave volunteers coming in with Live accounts...

Gold Expert Advisor already had a demo and has added a live account in parallel

SafeDroid by My4xStore replaces a previous demo test of this EA

TayLo Bot by NextGen4FX

The Special One

Tradersurfing V9 Real joins a demo test of the same EA

Wallbreaker from MetaTrader-Experts.de

And some demo tests. All of these will be limited in the amount of time they can run unless they are joined by parallel live accounts...

CCI Scalper V1.0 and JSRX Combo V1.0, both by ForexLandia

ForexGaaam EA - they also just began a live test of their signals.

FxCapitalist

PipNet EA

Zealot EA

I'd like to thank all of these companies for volunteering. I wish them all the best of luck and happy trading.

I've got a good assortment of EA tests for you.

The movement to phase out demos or to have them run parallel to live tests continues...

Forex Gold Machine ended their demo and has gone to a live account test

Range Trading Robot added a live test to run in parallel with their demo test

Tokyo EA added a live test to run in parallel with their demo test

SolidFx Invest EA Portfolio started a live account and a parallel demo account.

And two new live tests have been started...

Forex Titanium

TotalGrid LowBalance

As always, I want to with all of these companies happy trading and good luck. They all have my thanks for volunteering.

I think FPA is getting it all wrong. in as much as the live account is being controlled by the vendor, then it means you cant really know what settings are producing the results u are posting. u cant know whether there has been manual intervention or not. u cant know whether manual trades or changes to settings have been made
That simply means a trader cant be sure of replicating what he is seeing on those accounts. i certainly prefer a demo account hosted by and controlled by FPA. if FPA is really serious about live testing, they should put a little money on the line just like some other EA testers do

I think FPA is getting it all wrong. in as much as the live account is being controlled by the vendor, then it means you cant really know what settings are producing the results u are posting. u cant know whether there has been manual intervention or not. u cant know whether manual trades or changes to settings have been made
That simply means a trader cant be sure of replicating what he is seeing on those accounts. i certainly prefer a demo account hosted by and controlled by FPA. if FPA is really serious about live testing, they should put a little money on the line just like some other EA testers do

I'm in 100% agreement with you if actually your assertions are true.

A demo account on a scalper is virtually useless for telling if the EA has a chance to make any profits at all on live accounts.

Real, live accounts are much more likely to get requotes, slippage, and experience other issues. Since demo accounts have few problems like this, any profits made are magnified.

I think any company that wants to be listed needs to have the confidence to show a live account with real money in it.

A little hint: If you see good performance on a test, ask the seller what settings are used. If you don't get an answer, don't buy the product. Check the reviews. If reviewers are complaining that they can't duplicate the results at the FPA, keep your money in your pocket while waiting to see if the seller resolves the issues or not.

Most sellers aren't going to keep the settings they use on a public test secret. If they want to sell an EA and get good reviews, they should be happy to provide the same support and settings that they use on their own account.

Oh great. I've been dealing with complaints about allowing demos ever since the Performance Testing program started. Now that demos are going onto time limits, I've got people complaining that the FPA isn't running the tests on demos.

When the FPA does run demos, out of the box settings are used. I think the majority of the live tests are set up the same way by the companies that submit them.

If you want to know the settings of those live accounts, ask the company that sells it. If they want you as a customer, they'll share the information. If they won't talk to you, leave a review and let everyone know about it.

I don't believe there are very many companies that would use secret settings for an FPA Performance Test. They would get bad reviews from all of their clients complaining about not being able to duplicate the results.

Before letting an EA trade your live account, run it on a demo from the broker you plan to use to make certain the settings work. If your demo results aren't similar to what you see on a live test at the FPA, then ask the company what is going on.

This complaint is totally idiotic!
Demo testing is a complete waste of time, except when developing an EA and when done with 99% accurate data that few of you retail screwballs either know about, or will purchase.
Even then, demo testing is a "Guestimate", at best.
Fools! Please have some respect for experience, will you?
FPA has been around awhile, and is trying hard to make valid it's tests so that idiots like you have a shot at obtaining a similar result!
If an EA fails here in a real test environment, just what the hell good is a successful demo test to you?
I have tested 122 systems during the past 3 yrs, in preparation for a public offering, and have found only 2 thus far worthy of further consideration.
You do not know your ass from a hole in the ground if you think demo testing here serves any purpose whatsoever.
If you have verifiable evidence to the contrary, I will meet you in Macy's window at 5th Avenue and 34th Street in NYC, NY, USA at midnight on Chistmas Eve with my pants down, to receive it.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Last edited:
I look at it this way.

Backtesting shows if it's worth the time and effort to do a forward test on demo.

demo testing shows if it's worth trying a small live test.

Proving accuracy of the data is an interesting question. I don't know if anyone has ever done a full comparison of a live vs. demo price feed from a broker. I do know that demos are less likely to have no fills and slippage.

The new restrictions are designed to protect traders. They don't just limit the time a demo can run, they also limit the age of a demo that is submitted to 4 weeks. A lot of the demo accounts submitted were many months old. There is no way to tell if the account submitted was chosen because it was the best account out of 100 that were all running with different settings.

I have asked that the Performance Test submission form be altered to ask if tests use any settings that are not default.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back