FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three more volunteers

I've got 3 new EA volunteers for you. The first 2 are on LIVE accounts...

Euronis

Verified FX already had a demo account being tested and recently gave the FPA access to a live account.

And the last one is on a demo account...

Forex Sigma

I'd like to thank all 3 for volunteering and wish them the best of luck trading.

There is one very important thing to consider, Demo testing is not the same as Real account testing.
Also the size of your order meters.
When testing EA with 200 USD, trading 0.1 lot or less, results are much better then with account above 2000 USD with 1 lot or more.

New EA volunteers.

First up is a company listing its EA on demo and live accounts at the same time...

AC Trader EA

These volunteers are on live accounts...

Furious Scalper

MGO Group (via Solid Fx Invest)

And this one is on a demo account...

Pip Trader Pro

I'd like to thank all of these companies for volunteering and wish them the best of luck trading.

Forex Grid Trader - Very Unusual Data in their MyFxBook

About FOREX Grid Trader:

Something is suspicious in their MyFxBook data. Here is the URL:

Forex Grid Trader EA [FX Clearing] System | Myfxbook

1. In the advanced statistics on the GBPUSD trades it shows

Grid Trader GPB Summary 6-21-2012 8-22-31 PM.png

(Click on the image to see a larger view of it)

How can an average win of 24 pips equal $50 when their average loss of -47 pips equals -$26? That means their pip value for wins is $2/pip & their average loss is about 50 cents per pip. I can't tell from the trading history what their lot sizes are. But on the face of it, it doesn't make much sense to me.

2. Most of the trades were for small amounts. However, if you look at their largest wins & losses, you have this "block" of trades in MARCH 2012, with 4 very LARGE wins:

Grid Trader GPB Summary 03-19 trades  6-21-2012 8-22-31 PM.png

These data anomalies make me very leery of researching further. If the company has an answer for these 2 items, they can post a reply here.

The company isn't likely to check for questions here. This thread is primarily for announcing new tests.

I recommend that you ask Forex Grid Trader support directly. I also recommend that you check their Performance Test at the FPA. It's a live account. All trade information is pulled directly from the broker with no filtering.

Last edited:
I have a lot of new EAs for you to check out. The first 6 are on LIVE accounts...

4XATM

Forex Top EA by ForexMaximim.net

Hyper EA Pro by Eforex-Trading.com

SmartForexECN

TotalGrid

V9 Power by TraderSurfing.com

And these 3 are on demo accounts...

JanesEA

KSA by URLSaver.co.cc No, I don't know why they picked that domain name.

PoundTraderPro

I'd like to note an upcoming change in policy. The FPA is planning to place much tighter limits on demo accounts in the near future.

Testing has already begun contacting companies with longer running demo accounts. Each is being asked to either replace the demo with a live account or to run a live account in parallel with the demo. Several companies have already done so.

Forex Shocker is the latest to add a live test to complement their demo test.

As always, I want to thank all of these companies for volunteering. I also want to wish them the best of luck and happy trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back