How do you handle your losses?

Cry about it, to be frank.
Joke aside, the first thing is to accept the losses and try to take a break from trading. Give your mind a peace and a deserving break before you think you are ready to trade again.

I always try to analyze what went went wrong that led me to losses and then I make sure I never repeat that mistake again in my future trades.

Take a break and think what went wrong. Try to find the valid entry and exit point, this is the key! Practice on charts and improvise on your technicals.

I always try to analyze what went went wrong that led me to losses and then I make sure I never repeat that mistake again in my future trades.
But you can actually make the mistake again, it can always happen. Alternatively, you can try to minimize the losses so that your account will be still in maintain.

Agreed! Being a human you can make mistakes but making same type of mistake again and again will never help you in your learning. I make mistake like forget to see the trend on bigger timeframes and taking a position for a shorter span. I remember one, was trading on eurgbp pair last month and I was long on it without looking on bigger frame. When I read that automotive sales are year low in France I immediately opened the chart and everything is going down. So be careful when you're trading. Learn and do not repeat the same mistake again.

But you can actually make the mistake again, it can always happen. Alternatively, you can try to minimize the losses so that your account will be still in maintain.

Completely agree, like I think you have to factor losses into your trading plan. Have it in there as it's going to happen because it will. So many get annoyed when they make a mistake or its not going well. Its so key to give yourself some slack and trust in the process and it will all come right in the end

Completely agree, like I think you have to factor losses into your trading plan. Have it in there as it's going to happen because it will. So many get annoyed when they make a mistake or its not going well. Its so key to give yourself some slack and trust in the process and it will all come right in the end
Nicely said, but yes you are right about this.

Back