How do you handle your losses?

Yes, we need to analyze our losing trades. This is how we will be able to minimize our mistakes. Having losses is a very normal thing in trading. It does not matter how good a trader is, every trader losses. It is never easy to deal with losses though. However, traders must take those. Life is never easy for Forex traders.

I try to keep losses small and anticipated, i.e. loss that was triggered by stop loss is ok since I expected it. Also I ignore losses in particular trade in the sense that I don't spend time or efforts to understand its cause rather I analyse a sample of losses its impact on my trading returns.

Losses can be different and the reaction to them should be different as well.
I try to differentiate the losses which were caused by some minot occasional fluctuations on the market and which are the indicators of some systimatic drawbacks in my trading strategy. In the first case, you just need to accept the idea that the market is still unpredictable despite all of the indicators and trading ideas that you use while making certain trading decisions. Such things happen all the time and they shouldn'r demotivate you. However, there are some losses which take place on the regular basis and this means that your trading strategy has some flaws. The only thing you can do is to analyze your past deals and point out the mistake which you keep making. That is why it is of utmost importance to make a trading diary where you can write all of the deals which you do.

I treat losses as the opportunity to learn and find the flaws in my trading strategy.
Sometimes, when you have a good streak, you start to feel that you have mastered the market and stop being attentive enough and disciplined which makes you forget about the mechanisms which will secure your budget from the huge losses. Sooner or later, you will have the failure and it is better for you that if you don't feel too relaxed because of your past success. Every trading strategy has some weak points and it is of great importance to track them down and try to strengten or avoid them in the trading process.

Losses always happen and it is up to you whether you lose much or not.
I think that the only right attitude to your personal losses is to treat them as the ability to learn. You should learn weak points of your trading strategy and modify them so that your trading results become better and better. A lot of traders treat their losses in a very painful manner and such an attitude don't let them learn a lessong out of their mistakes. It is always unpleasant to analyse your mistakes and filures but you have to do it if you want to become better at what you are doing.

I understand that losses are normal and I also try to learn from them I keep to my strategy and I keep trading

Losses can be different and the reaction to them should be different as well.
I try to differentiate the losses which were caused by some minot occasional fluctuations on the market and which are the indicators of some systimatic drawbacks in my trading strategy. In the first case, you just need to accept the idea that the market is still unpredictable despite all of the indicators and trading ideas that you use while making certain trading decisions. Such things happen all the time and they shouldn'r demotivate you. However, there are some losses which take place on the regular basis and this means that your trading strategy has some flaws. The only thing you can do is to analyze your past deals and point out the mistake which you keep making. That is why it is of utmost importance to make a trading diary where you can write all of the deals which you do.
You are absolutely right. Losses can be different: some of them can be caused by your mistakes, others are just occasional market fluctuations which happen all the time, unfortunately. The only thing you should do is a thorough analysis of your trades in order to see the reasons for the losses.

Loss is part of trading, sometimes inevitable, this is a normal process in trading, the important point when get loss is control emotion because emotion is the most enemy that appears from own selves and can lead to make bad decision after loss because they want quickly make recovery, keep trading on the track trading system and strategy.

Back