• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

How to find a good contest website?

John69

Recruit
Hi guys,

I'm not very experienced in forex contests or any other type of games. Does anybody of you is playing any forex based game?
I've searched the forum to find the clear answer on the question, but i didn't :( I'd just like to know if there is any reliable website to play and take out money easily.

Excuse me if i started the topic in the wrong place and thanks beforehand for the answers.

If you mean some sort of demo contest, a lot of brokers have those. The flaw is that most demo contests only consider profits gained during a short time, not risk taken. This changes it from a contest of careful strategy to a game of who gets luckiest with high risk gambling.

I mean some kind of this forexstars.com/en/regulars

I searched a little bit about the demo accounts - some people say, that they can be tricky :(

If you mean some sort of demo contest, a lot of brokers have those. The flaw is that most demo contests only consider profits gained during a short time, not risk taken. This changes it from a contest of careful strategy to a game of who gets luckiest with high risk gambling.

What would be considered a contest that would bode well with traders? (don't say "a contest where they all win" :) ) But seriously, what would be the constraints and recipe that would make traders say that *this* contest is fair, and well planned?

thanks!

Hi guys,
I'm not very experienced in forex contests or any other type of games. Does anybody of you is playing any forex based game?
I've searched the forum to find the clear answer on the question, but i didn't :( I'd just like to know if there is any reliable website to play and take out money easily.
Excuse me if i started the topic in the wrong place and thanks beforehand for the answers.

Try Dukascopy community site.....simply sign-up and partake in all (if you so wishes, including the Miss Dukas beauty contest:p) their daily/weekly/monthly/yearly contest/competitions. BUT you will have to learn to use their jforex trading platform which get some getting use to as it's quite different from the more popular MT4 trading platform.

To withdraw your prize monies, you will have to open a live trading account and make trades on their trading platform as per their T&C: "The winners may withdraw the prize amount from their live sub-account after meeting the following minimum turnover requirements, which constitutes 2 million USD for every 100 USD won in the Contest."

What would be considered a contest that would bode well with traders? (don't say "a contest where they all win" :) ) But seriously, what would be the constraints and recipe that would make traders say that *this* contest is fair, and well planned?

thanks!

The rules must be crystal clear and fair. The flaw I was pointing out is that most contests turn trading into suicidal risk gambling. Such a contest may be fairly run and judged, but it's not a true representation of trading ability.

Back