Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharaoh

Brigadier General
IC3.gov
Internet Crime Complaint Center
(Part of the FBI in the USA)

(move ahead of SEC/CFTC)

IC3 is the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center. Think of it as the American version of the Cyber Police.

To get started, go here:

https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint

IC3-Complaint1.png

Before you click the I Accept button, notice 3 things this page says.

1. "The information I've provided on this form is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that providing false information could make me subject to fine, imprisonment, or both. (Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 1001)"

Make certain your complaint is truthful. "Despite my repeated and best efforts, the broker is not sending my withdrawal" is a factual description of many complaints about bad brokers. "They have stolen my money and are using it to fund their international campaign of terrorism." is likely nothig more than a poorly supported opinion that will (at best) serve as a useless distraction from your issue. If you want help from the FBI or any police agency, stick to facts. Whatever you do, don't tell lies about how much you lost or make unsupportable claims about how many other victims there are to try to make your complaint seem more important. If you do decide to lie, I hope the judge is in a bad mood when you are sentenced.

2. "Complaints filed via this website are processed and may be referred to federal, state, local or international law enforcement or regulatory agencies for possible investigation. I understand any investigation opened on any complaint I file on this website is initiated at the discretion of the law enforcement and/or regulatory agency receiving the complaint information."

The FBI works with all sorts of regulators and police agencies around the world, which is a good thing. The more details you and other victims provide, the better the chance of action being taken. But take careful note of this part - "any investigation opened on any complaint I file on this website is initiated at the discretion of the law enforcement and/or regulatory agency receiving the complaint information."

I know why that is there. Quite a few people who complain to the FPA under the old Traders Court system ignored the rules. They would provide little evidence or even refuse to provide evidence. Despite the lack of evidence, these very special people expected the FPA to declare companies to be scams without anywhere near enough evidence to even consider a scam vote. One of them went completely off the deep end because the FPA refused to waste more time on his unqualified and nonsensical complaints. He couldn't even understand the math showing the broker had calculated the wins and losses on two of his trades correctly. His actions got him banned and he even emailed complaints to human rights organizations about how the FPA was blocking him from the forums and refusing to take action on his unsupported scam claims. People like him are one of the main reasons the FPA is ending Traders Court. Click Here to see just how crazy he is.

Simply put, asking the FBI (or any other agency) if they need any more info or if any action has been taken on your issue is fine, but you should not do this more often than every month or two. Harassing the FBI or other agencies or making unreasonable demands of them is a fast way to get your complaint file moved to the "too crazy to deal with" pile.

3. "Filing a complaint with the IC3 in no way serves as notification to my credit card company that I am disputing unauthorized charges placed on my card or that my credit card number may have been compromised. I should contact my credit card company directly to notify them of my specific concerns."

I think this is narrower than it should be. It's up to YOU to notify your bank, your credit card's issuing bank, PayPal, and any other money transfer-payment processor.

Moving on, click the I Accept Button.

IC3-Complaint2.png

It's one big, long form. Unfortunately, there's no way to upload files, but you can mention what evidence files you have in the big box provided for the description of what happened.

Make sure to full everything out carefully and in as much detail as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back