• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

I have also heard that FX companies turn scam but I think if any company is present for a long time, it mean they are serious in business and about knight capital, I have no problem, so they are fine for me.

I had some tough times in my past forex trading with some PAMM also as there are many things we neglect while opening accounts with them, even don't read the terms.

Thankfully, fortress funds is well going and doing good. I will stay for some time with them.
New year is coming guys, we all have to plan 2016

Since you are doing so well with Fortress Fund, why don't you share your trading statement with us? Myfxbook.com shows their account has crashed and burned and Forex Verified have already taken it down from their monitored tests yet you are telling us how well its doing? Any bets on how long before they take down their website altogether? Probably a couple of months...

I sent Forex Verified an email yesterday advising them continuing to promote Fortress Fund could be interpreted as meaning that they are in on the scam, but they haven't responded yet.

FV had responded to emphasise they had no profit from Fortress Fund and the trading test has been taken down from their website.

Hey guys, how are you. I know you have some problems but that does not mean, everyone has problems with MAM. And take it easy, why should I work for anyone or provide any proof etc etc? I mean this is open discussion forum, not a court. I hate bosses and etc etc that is why I am doing forex things :)

I am wondering why a broker would support a fund manager. I mean they are in market from 7 years and any broker cannot solely depend upon a fund manager or can they?

I dont think so

Hey guys, how are you. I know you have some problems but that does not mean, everyone has problems with MAM. And take it easy, why should I work for anyone or provide any proof etc etc? I mean this is open discussion forum, not a court. I hate bosses and etc etc that is why I am doing forex things :)

I repeat: you say you are doing well with Fortress Fund so show us your statement. If you can't put up cease and desist from promoting them.

I am wondering why a broker would support a fund manager. I mean they are in market from 7 years and any broker cannot solely depend upon a fund manager or can they?

I dont think so
If you examine Knight Capital Markets web site you will find there is no information whatsoever on any fund managers at all. Then when you open an account it automatically signs you up for Fortress Fund. What does that tell you? KCM is a special purpose vehicle designed to host FF. Nobody here has been able to show evidence they were in existence before 2014. Anyone who tells us they have been trading with them for several years should be able to easily produce trading statements. We all have MT4 we have used for several years and you can see statements going all the way back.

I have also heard that FX companies turn scam but I think if any company is present for a long time, it mean they are serious in business and about knight capital, I have no problem, so they are fine for me.

And you too. We have seen what happened to our accounts and the proof is there on the myfxbook.com statement which shows the account for KCM/FF has crashed and burned, yet you are here insulting our intelligence with statements about how well you are doing with them. I am sure we would all like to know how you do this and you would do us all a favour sharing your statements with us so we can learn from your good fortune. Thanks.

Hi all,

Yup....the FF lost 90% of the account with about $16M GONE this week! I interacted with the an Ethan and later Simon when i was interested and deciding to take on the service. I decided to rather wait a few months (despite the pressure from them to get in before their account reaches its limit and they close the door to new investors)....damn....am i glad I did! I followed the weekly performance on MyFXBook but they do not allow you to see the open/closed trades. On Friday last week I noticed that they had a 90% DD and then lost 90% of the account, -leaving investors with only 10% of their investment.....IF they can get it back.

My decision to rather wait and keep an eye on FF /Knight Capital came from hard experience. I had this happened to me in 2010/11 when I signed up with a manged fund called Profit Max. It went well for about 5-6 months (with moderate growth of a couple of % per month), but then all of a sudden, over the span of 1 day, there were massive draw-downs and losses to the tune of 75%. I managed to get the remaining couple of Grand out before everything closed down and litigation processes of 2 years started. Eventually I got awarded $280 for my losses from liquidating the fund/company. Serious bad call on my behalf!

The warning is thus very clear my fellow investors: Be extremely careful and do a heap of due diligence before you hand over your hard earned money to some managed fund. A good approach is also to wait and see a few months to what happens to a fund. Remember....if it sounds too good to be true.....

Unfortunately these scams and funds are becoming more sophisticated and believable and it gets hard for the layman to sift the grain from the chaff. In the case of Fortress Fund, -I am convinced that the 90% losses are not from trading that went haywire suddenly (although it looks like it and it is designed to give that impression). If the path of the "lost" $16M if forensically investigated, you will most likely find it somewhere where the authors of Knight Capital /FF have access to it. You will not find it to be legitimately lost during trading. People who design these elaborate and realistically detailed schemes can afford to spend a couple of years doing it before they pocket the $16M takings and disappear.

Happy investing...

Hi all,

Yup....the FF lost 90% of the account with about $16M GONE this week! I interacted with the an Ethan and later Simon when i was interested and deciding to take on the service. I decided to rather wait a few months (despite the pressure from them to get in before their account reaches its limit and they close the door to new investors)....damn....am i glad I did! I followed the weekly performance on MyFXBook but they do not allow you to see the open/closed trades. On Friday last week I noticed that they had a 90% DD and then lost 90% of the account, -leaving investors with only 10% of their investment.....IF they can get it back.

My decision to rather wait and keep an eye on FF /Knight Capital came from hard experience. I had this happened to me in 2010/11 when I signed up with a manged fund called Profit Max. It went well for about 5-6 months (with moderate growth of a couple of % per month), but then all of a sudden, over the span of 1 day, there were massive draw-downs and losses to the tune of 75%. I managed to get the remaining couple of Grand out before everything closed down and litigation processes of 2 years started. Eventually I got awarded $280 for my losses from liquidating the fund/company. Serious bad call on my behalf!

The warning is thus very clear my fellow investors: Be extremely careful and do a heap of due diligence before you hand over your hard earned money to some managed fund. A good approach is also to wait and see a few months to what happens to a fund. Remember....if it sounds too good to be true.....

Unfortunately these scams and funds are becoming more sophisticated and believable and it gets hard for the layman to sift the grain from the chaff. In the case of Fortress Fund, -I am convinced that the 90% losses are not from trading that went haywire suddenly (although it looks like it and it is designed to give that impression). If the path of the "lost" $16M if forensically investigated, you will most likely find it somewhere where the authors of Knight Capital /FF have access to it. You will not find it to be legitimately lost during trading. People who design these elaborate and realistically detailed schemes can afford to spend a couple of years doing it before they pocket the $16M takings and disappear.

Happy investing...

As you rightly point out the "losses" were not from trading gone haywire suddenly. I could see what they were about to do a week before and sent them an email, but by then it was too late - they never allowed anyone more than investor password access. Nobody on earth would let an account with a floating profit of $7000+ (as in my case) go into stop out a few hours later unless they wanted to blow it out and scoop up investors' "losses". I've seen a PAMM on a regulated broker do this a few years ago so for unregulated KCM/FF this was like taking candy from a baby with no hope of recompense once you handed over your money, yet you still have some clowns here talking about doing well with them - probably fake FPA accounts controlled by Ethan and Simon. Anyway, LESSON LEARNT!!!

Back