• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

Hello.
Let's face it. We are done, and we have lost our money. People who deposited via cc will probably get their money back, others (like me), who deposited via wire transfer can say bye bye to their money.

What we can do right now is:
- gather together in order to chase them and sentence them with a conviction
- let's warn all the people - filling scam alerts on FPA, on MyFxbook
- we should warn people about all parties that took a part in this scam: knightcapitalmarkets.com , fortressfxfund.com and forexverified.com

Do not think forexverified is not in this, I have plenty of emails about them assuring they trade sucesfully with them. They probably got some money from this scammers for this.

My story with them:
After reading mailing from forexverified.com about them - I have plenty of seperate emails from forexverified stating that they trade with them and they made withdrawals with them without any problems.
I trusted forexverified, they had also verified account at myfxbook and other services. What's more I trusted it can be a good invesment because I was assured that money will be under my name at broker and I will have a total controll over it. I deposited some money with them, attached myfxbook EA in order to track transactions. My first sign there is something bad going on was when statements sent by myfxbook EA and what was actually going on my account just mismatch. At this point I knew I'm screwed. I have emailed myfxbook about this broker and recived response from Myfxbook that they recived many complains about this broker and they stopped marking accounts at them as verified. Tryed to withdraw my money, but as You other guys they did a trick with hedging trades and blocking my account so I can not have my withdrawal processed. I knew at this point that this total SCAM and all will soon be over and a lot of people will lose their money. The only thing left was praying that for some reason they will unblock my account and I will be able to withdraw some of my funds - I did not even dreamed that I will be able to withdraw my deposit. So I was hoping that I will be one of the people who will get their money back - as we know in order to keep the money flow, some people must be pleased. Today I'm at the point - where I see fund lost 90% of the deposits and my account is still up with hedged positions, but let's face it, it's only numbers on the screen I will get nothing out of it.

Todays scams have a new face, scammers control brokers, deposits and can fake any statemnt they want.

There are many people scammed by them, we should gather together - also I wonder if Forex Peace Army can help us in any way. I have emailed both Luis Urquiza<luchourquiza@gmail.com> and Martin81 <martin818181@yahoo.co.uk> as they seem to be most active here and they try to gather all scammed people together on the list in order to get some legal actions against this scammers.

Our money is lost, but I hope we can do something in order to warn other people of such scammers and take some legal actions against them. Authorities like Police or FBI can track them easily and put behind
bars giving an example.

What a s****y day today for me seeing all that.

Regards
I want to join the list of scammed people. My email is <jmdelobelle@gmail.com>. I have already exchanged 3 mails with Ethan Groover and 1 mail with had for emails exchange
Hello.
Let's face it. We are done, and we have lost our money. People who deposited via cc will probably get their money back, others (like me), who deposited via wire transfer can say bye bye to their money.

What we can do right now is:
- gather together in order to chase them and sentence them with a conviction
- let's warn all the people - filling scam alerts on FPA, on MyFxbook
- we should warn people about all parties that took a part in this scam: knightcapitalmarkets.com , fortressfxfund.com and forexverified.com

Do not think forexverified is not in this, I have plenty of emails about them assuring they trade sucesfully with them. They probably got some money from this scammers for this.

My story with them:
After reading mailing from forexverified.com about them - I have plenty of seperate emails from forexverified stating that they trade with them and they made withdrawals with them without any problems.
I trusted forexverified, they had also verified account at myfxbook and other services. What's more I trusted it can be a good invesment because I was assured that money will be under my name at broker and I will have a total controll over it. I deposited some money with them, attached myfxbook EA in order to track transactions. My first sign there is something bad going on was when statements sent by myfxbook EA and what was actually going on my account just mismatch. At this point I knew I'm screwed. I have emailed myfxbook about this broker and recived response from Myfxbook that they recived many complains about this broker and they stopped marking accounts at them as verified. Tryed to withdraw my money, but as You other guys they did a trick with hedging trades and blocking my account so I can not have my withdrawal processed. I knew at this point that this total SCAM and all will soon be over and a lot of people will lose their money. The only thing left was praying that for some reason they will unblock my account and I will be able to withdraw some of my funds - I did not even dreamed that I will be able to withdraw my deposit. So I was hoping that I will be one of the people who will get their money back - as we know in order to keep the money flow, some people must be pleased. Today I'm at the point - where I see fund lost 90% of the deposits and my account is still up with hedged positions, but let's face it, it's only numbers on the screen I will get nothing out of it.

Todays scams have a new face, scammers control brokers, deposits and can fake any statemnt they want.

There are many people scammed by them, we should gather together - also I wonder if Forex Peace Army can help us in any way. I have emailed both Luis Urquiza<luchourquiza@gmail.com> and Martin81 <martin818181@yahoo.co.uk> as they seem to be most active here and they try to gather all scammed people together on the list in order to get some legal actions against this scammers.

Our money is lost, but I hope we can do something in order to warn other people of such scammers and take some legal actions against them. Authorities like Police or FBI can track them easily and put behind
bars giving an example.

What a s****y day today for me seeing all that.

Regards
I want to join the list of scammed people. I have presently lost 11325.38 USD. My email is <jmdelobelle@gmail.com>. I have already exchanged 4 mails with Ethan Groover Trading Desk Manager Fortress Fund and 1 mail with Olivier Smith Account Manager Knight Capital. Ethan Groover has written that: "The referenced trades are post-allocations of open/floating positions which originated in your account prior to your inclusion in the program. They are entirely normal and legitimate.". I have personally discovered that 48 of the 58 retroactively replicated orders in our MT4 Knight Capital account took placed at least 5 days later, compared to their mentioned Order Time and Opening Price. Jean-Marie

Hello my friends,

As i don´t intend to just "let this pass by", I have already contacted some websites in the forex world to run the story. This is the first one to catch up on it:

http://financefeeds.net/special-inv...-few-hours-it-is-not-the-real-knight-capital/

Hopefully, leaprate and finance magnates (previously forex magnates) will pick up the story as well, and from then on to "higher profile" media such as cnn or bbc. Let´s expose those fortress fx fund and Knight Capital for what they really are. Everybody on board in this??

Cheers
L

Hello my friends,

As i don´t intend to just "let this pass by", I have already contacted some websites in the forex world to run the story. This is the first one to catch up on it:

http://financefeeds.net/special-inv...-few-hours-it-is-not-the-real-knight-capital/

Hopefully, leaprate and finance magnates (previously forex magnates) will pick up the story as well, and from then on to "higher profile" media such as cnn or bbc. Let´s expose those fortress fx fund and Knight Capital for what they really are. Everybody on board in this??

Cheers
L

Please see my post on this matter

Just caught up on this whole thread.
Very upsetting.
Main issue to me is that it is so obvious that this is most likely the same person or small group that very simply keeps scamming, crashing, rinsing, repeating. The MOs are all incredibly the same, even the language of the emails and general structure of the marketing materials, right down to virtual offices, unregulated brokers no one has heard of tied to a "fund" which is in reality an obvious ponzi scheme. Very sad.

IMO this is the SAME scammer at the helm, Ryan O' Rourke - the reviews for the last go-round include the reviews here:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.bdfx.com and there are several threads on BDFX here and at Donna Forex. I was vocal at the time in exposing the scam, and did quite a lot of behind the scenes work to verify for myself the sickening reality - it is nothing more than a simple fraud and ponzi. The biggest problem though, is once it is exposed (and it never lasts more than 6-12 months), Ryan just recycles it and gets another 6-12 months of scammed money out it. Then rinse, repeat.

I know the mods may have issue with this post because I reference another firm (BDFX), but it is imperative to leave this post here, because the fact that this scammer and his crony Tony simply change names and domains and relaunch THE SAME SCAM just after the last one crashes is a key and crucial piece of information - we must somehow PROACTIVELY WARN people, this whole cycle has occurred many times now, and will keep on repeating. I know and have spoken to owners and directors of brokers in the industry who KNOW Ryan O Rourke, and have confirmed for me that he has literally been doing this for YEARS. Same MO that the poster a few posts back summarized well. And when he crashes the MAM, he just recreates a new one (and a new brokerage). A couple years back, when *real* brokers stopped taking his scam MAMs on, he realized it was pretty easy to just be a white label and CREATE his own brokerage (BDFX). BDFX has a few threads here and at Donna Forex. Read them and you will also conclude that this Knight Capital Markets is just the latest incarnation of the scam, and to me is the same source villain. Check it out, everything is the same, shill forum supporters, same marketing materials even down to literal word-for-word marketing copy and emails (likely to the same email spam lists), same verbose explanations that essentially mean nothing as the "fund" crashes, and of course affiliates like forexverified that promote the ponzi because they get paid.

Mods, please dont relocate this post just because I reference BDFX. As I said, we need to figure out a way to proactively keep traders from being duped, rather than watching 6 months of this same thing play out over and over, each time with a new fund/broker/domain. It is very sad.

We have the proof that Knight Capital and BDFX are linked.
Indeed I have opened a demo account with knight capital on 2015 12 17 Login: 1111111941 and we can see with the print screen of the account (uploaded pdf) that the server of this demo account is BDFX-Demo !

Attachments

• KnightCapitalDemo_BDFXDemo_20160102.pdf
    136.3 KB · Views: 11
well, done, that does confirm what I suspected.

And as I said, if you read the BDFX threads thoroughly, you will find that BDFX itself was a recycle of PrimeFundFX, thread on that here as well as other places: http://www.donnaforex.com/index.php?topic=11045.msg290436#msg290436

The rabbit hole goes deeper, and the evolution is somewhat interesting, I personally believe that the researched evidence indicates that many years ago Ryan really was trying to run more or less legitimate managed funds, and the funds were on several known MT4 brokers whose principals I know well and have spoken to at length about him....Ryan himself made money on the transactional fees, fund performance was secondary (to him, anyway). I believe this was the genesis of the whole sham, and we are talking several years back. I believe the evolution of this to full ponzi came as Ryan - possibly trying his best but simply not being a skilled trader - kept crashing the fund accounts. As this happened, I know for a fact from brokers he used at the time that they received so many customer complaints and tarnished reputations that they "booted" him. This in my opinion led him to realizing how easy it is to simply become a white label mt4 broker, which also brings many other benefits for someone who is willing to just be a scammer (like the ability to create fake myfxbook histories, for example), and any legitimate broker revenues he might get are simply gravy, at least until he crashes the broker and it disappears. I believe that he has evolved further into being a very hardcore ponzi where his intent is no longer trading at all, it is very simply taking in deposits, keeping positions open so he has an "excuse" at any time to not process a withdrawal "yet" for any given customer/victim, and then inentionally crashing the trading accounts selectively and then all of them ultimately as the jig is up and the scam exposed as we have down now 4 or 5 times in these forums.

As I said, we know the process, we know the person(s) behind it, we know the routine. And then when he crashes this one and launches a new one, we know what will happen also. While arguing goes on (some of the scammed will initially defend it, on on it goes), and the cycle will repeat. So to repeat for emphasis, lets figure out a way of we can to PROACTIVELY warn potential victims BEFORE they deposit. Otherwise Ryan will keep doing this until he is in jail, which doesnt seem to be on the horizon. Last time I had looked up stuff, and actually corresponded with him, he was living in the US in what I concluded was his Moms basement in North Carolina or Tennessee, but that is just a guess on my part based on cursory searches. Anyone with connections to any US regulatory or law enforcement agencies might want to make contact and try and get things investigated, I know I would if I had any money lost in these things, he belongs in jail

I think this FBI link is a good place to start: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
I'll file a report and I would urge all of you here who have been scammed to do the same. I'm sure the FBI will be interested to look into a scam that's being replicated repeatedly and involves millions of dollars especially with the perp resident in the US. Look at FIFA for example...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back