master your trading strategy

Assuming you have a trading strategy available to master, you need to practice it very carefully and keep detailed records. Do this on a demo account for at least 40 or 50 trades. If it's not profitable, you either need to take what you've learned, make modifications, and test it again or else dump it and seek a different strategy. If it is profitable, the try it live on a very small account and see how it holds up for another 40 or 50 trades.

Effectively mastering a trading strategy typically doesn't happen all at once. It's usually a gradual process. Trading strategies need to be constantly adapted. Using a demo account for at least 40 or 50 trades is an ideal option to start.

In my opinion, it's a challenging thing to master you trading strategy in one step.
I'm used to testing all my strategies preliminary on the demo account, at least for a while. I must be convinced of at least minor efficiency, thus I'll have a vision what to improve further on.
If the strategy is good enough and it passes through my testing, then I apply it on the real account and try to trade it, but, unfortunately, maybe lack of experience plays a big role, but I really can't stick to only one strategy. I'm forced to devise new over and over again.

Assuming you have a trading strategy available to master, you need to practice it very carefully and keep detailed records. Do this on a demo account for at least 40 or 50 trades. If it's not profitable, you either need to take what you've learned, make modifications, and test it again or else dump it and seek a different strategy. If it is profitable, the try it live on a very small account and see how it holds up for another 40 or 50 trades.
But it’s not in one step, it’s in 40-50 steps innit?:))
But jokes aside Pharaoh is right I can’t lie. You only master your strategy through practicing it and continuous tweakings and customizations.

In my opinion, it's a challenging thing to master you trading strategy in one step.
I'm used to testing all my strategies preliminary on the demo account, at least for a while. I must be convinced of at least minor efficiency, thus I'll have a vision what to improve further on.
If the strategy is good enough and it passes through my testing, then I apply it on the real account and try to trade it, but, unfortunately, maybe lack of experience plays a big role, but I really can't stick to only one strategy. I'm forced to devise new over and over again.
This is indeed a good approach. Have you ever tried copy trading?

numbers are the actual boss in this business
so make your win rate better and better
backtest your strategy
avoid making random trades
and trade a lot to demo
if you have a strategy and just need to master it you need to trade that a lot, do not rush into trading that

Mastering a trading strategy effectively in one step isn't realistic. It requires continuous learning, practice, and adaptation to market changes. Success comes from understanding the strategy deeply, testing it extensively, and constantly refining it based on performance and evolving market conditions.

Back