• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
It wasn't removed. It was moved to the Stopped Tests list since the FPA couldn't access the test account.

I've just seen an email from MDB support. They changed the investor password. The new password has been sent to FPA Testing, so the test should be back in the active pile soon.

You can access stopped tests directly from the review page for the product. You can also select stopped tests in the display of FPA Performance Tests.

I have been an active trader for over 5 years. This is the only robot I have ever bought. The profits being shown on the MDP website are from a DEMO account...not live. The website suggests these are REAL results. Also, William Morrison, is creating a chat room and charging people $79 per month to hold discussions on why his robot does not work on real accounts....anyone smelling the coffee yet??

The account that MDP is sharing with the FPA had it's investor password changed. The FPA now has the new password.

The one the FPA monitors is clearly labeled as a demo on the test page, on the review page, and in the Performance Test list.

The account that MDP is sharing with the FPA had it's investor password changed. The FPA now has the new password.

The one the FPA monitors is clearly labeled as a demo on the test page, on the review page, and in the Performance Test list.

I must be missing something. Please take a look at the screenshot from Mr. Morrisons website. Does this not reflect a LIVE results claim from his account?

Attachments

• mdpwebsite.jpg
    mdpwebsite.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 137
for this ea who is the best/fastest Vps?

Hi Matches

I strongly suggest you read back through the MDP forum posts and the reviews. What you learn there will answer your question.

To summarise, this EA needs a very fast broker of the DMA/STP or ECN/STP type. In my opinion a DMA/STP broker is better than an ECN/STP broker. The broker must also allow scalping - some don't. You also need a broker with low spreads for MDP to work.

Having found your broker, you then need a VPS with fast servers AND WITH A VERY FAST CONNECTION to your broker's servers. One with ping times of less than 10 ms. That generally means your brokers servers and your VPS servers must be in the same city. You can ask you broker for their server IP addresses. Any VPS you are considering using can test their ping times to your broker's servers and report the speeds to you.

Hope this helps - but please read all the comments on this thread and the MDP review thread. That education could help earn you thousands, and help save you losing thousands.

Best wishes, Nick

Hi forexnick

Iv been sifting through the posts through this thread and while the information has been very helpful no FPA member seems to have been able to sort out a system settings that works.
There either being screwed over by platform errors, broker price slippages or latency issues. My overall opinion of MDP EA is negative so far.
Would you be able to point me to a long-term reasonably profitable implementation of MDP? I may have missed something in the thread or elsewhere.

Thanks for the great advice above by the way, Im suprised your not up there with pharoah and the like! :p

Hi forexnick

Iv been sifting through the posts through this thread and while the information has been very helpful no FPA member seems to have been able to sort out a system settings that works.
There either being screwed over by platform errors, broker price slippages or latency issues. My overall opinion of MDP EA is negative so far.
Would you be able to point me to a long-term reasonably profitable implementation of MDP? I may have missed something in the thread or elsewhere.

Thanks for the great advice above by the way, Im suprised your not up there with pharoah and the like! :p

Many thanks for your kind words Mr Patient! If my advice is any good it's only because I have learned from other people's posts on various forums for a number of years. So thanks to everyone who contributes to these discussions - we can all benefit from your experiences.

Have you checked the comments on the review pages - Million Dollar Pips | MillionDollarPips.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army Somewhere on one of these threads there's a trader in Australia who has had success using his own and his client's money with MDP. I learned a lot from his comments about speed of order execution being very important, including a really fast broker/VPS connection. Can't remember how long he'd had success for though - may only have been a couple of months.

I do intend trying MDP on a demo account. Until then my feelings are that it looks promising with the right broker/VPS combination. But it has the potential to burn accounts. So if I ever put it onto a live account I'll use a small account so I can absorb the loss if it burns it. If it is profitable I'll withdraw profits regularly in the expectation that it will burn the account eventually. That way I won't lose my profit and I'll have some money put aside to start with again.

Hope this helps. Best wishes, Nick

Some Super information, was sure hoping to get to the bottom and find a list of a couple of brokers that meet those stiff requirements.

Settings are not working after installation

I have FinFX as my broker. I'm just wondering if anyone, including ForexPeaceArmy, would share all their EA settings for MDP 1.1.5?

I'm especially curious what the optimal/most-profitable settings would be. Here are mine. I'm especially curious about NumOrders_Level, Additional_Channels, Use_Stop_Orders (should I use with FinFX?), and Hard_Stop_Trailing (again, should I use with FinFX?). Also, does anyone have results to report with live money account greater than $2500? Thanks.

Configuration================= Configuration
Show_Debug=0
Verbose=0
Silent=0
NumOrders_Level_Info_1=Range of 0..4, adjusts Number of Trades
NumOrders_Level_Info_2=0=Max Profit% 4=Max Num.Trades/Rebates
NumOrders_Level=3
Additional_Channels_Info_1=Range of 0..8
Additional_Channels_Info_2=Safely improves trading frequency
Additional_Channels=3
Slippage_Info_1=Lower value improves profit rate,
Slippage_Info_2=higher: trades more but less accurately
Slippage=3
Username=
Magic=112226
Max_Simultaneous_Orders=8
FIFO_Info_1=if Simultaneous_Orders>1 ,
FIFO_Info_2=u.s. citizens should turn it on
FIFO_Info_3=(required for NFA compliance)
FIFO=0
OrderCmt=MDP_EURUSD_1.1.5
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_1=Simulate bad live account conditions
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_2=during backtesting (i.e. Slippages)
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_3=(this has no effect in FIFO mode :
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_4= +turn off FIFO for "optimistic")
Pessimistic_Testing=0
Funky_Exit_Info=Exit trades sooner
Funky_Exit=1
Money_Management=---------------- Money Management
Min_Lots=0.00100000
Max_Lots=1000.00000000
Risk_Info_1=Fixed risk % of balance per order
Risk_Info_2=NOTE : Trading volume is very variable
Risk_Info_3=as stop losses are in different distances
Risk=2.00000000
SL_TP_Trailing=---------------- SL / TP / Trailing
Trailing_Resolution=5.00000000
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_1=Set true if 1) your broker doesn't deal with
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_2=opening slippage when executing STOP orders
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_3=and 2) broker stop level is <= 2.0 pips
Use_Stop_Orders=0
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_1=Trailing hard Stop/Loss and Take/Profit
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_2=Otherwise, doing it in programmatic manner
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_3=and SL/TP is just for covering
Hard_Stop_Trailing=0

Dear Geoff,

After the installation of the MDP EA, it does not trade.

I am using Think Forex as a broker, but I do not know it was the right choice.

So in my case it is stll not the question of optimalisation but that is should trade more or less.

Do you have an idea about this ?

I already mailed the support of MDP, and I am hoping to receive very soon a reaction.

If not, then I will write a very bad article in Forex Peace Army.

Regards,

Maurice van Mourik
(the Netherllands)

I had more than 2500 with MDP. But it's alright probably 60->70% profitable.

Dear Geoff,

After the installation of the MDP EA, it does not trade.

I am using Think Forex as a broker, but I do not know it was the right choice.

So in my case it is stll not the question of optimalisation but that is should trade more or less.

Do you have an idea about this ?

I already mailed the support of MDP, and I am hoping to receive very soon a reaction.

If not, then I will write a very bad article in Forex Peace Army.

Regards,

Maurice van Mourik
(the Netherllands)

Back