• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Thanks for Close Position Scripts

Dear Julian:

Appreciate your help on sending the usefull Scripts so that I could apply as the SAFETY NETT in the event that Cable Run EA did not manage to close my position during the end of ASIAN market..

Today, I have experience in ODL demo account...My SELL position still at Floating LOSS as the time I wrote this post whereas in my Tadawul FX account, CABLE RUN has managed "its RUN" to close the position LUCKILY by profit...I have no Idea how come it gives differents result... :confused:

In the last few days, I have also experience where my TADAWUL FX account at FLOATING LOSS for DAYS until I decided to CUT LOSS with drawdown more than 30% whereas my ODL account has managed "its RUN" to close the position with reasonable LOSS.. :confused:

Till now, I am still waiting developer for their updated version which will manage the EA in better way...Yet, for the moment your script is helpfull...

Thanks and SUCCESS for your Forex Trading :D

brokers

Halamsja,

I've been running Calbe Run in Apari UK live and demo. Even with the same broker, the same EA performs differently. The data are slightly different as I watched them at the same time. The spreads are different. Just a one pip difference can make one trade close with a profit and the other stay open with a floating loss. This is true for all EAs, so don't be surprised, especially with different brokers, and don't put too much faith in demo results.

About LIVE Trading

Dear Julian:

So you have put this Cable RUN EA into LIVE account at ALPARI UK, right??? May I ask what LIVE account do you have with Alpari UK, CLASSIC or PRO account???? The reason I ask is because what I know the spread between CLASSIC and PRO account at ALPARI UK is different...

In the demo account, ALPARI UK has used the ECN spread which is basically the LOW spread for their PRO account with commission whereas the Classic account is using normal spread with other brokers such as FXCM, IBFX, ODL...

So when you are using Cable RUN 2.0 in LIVE account...Have you experienced FLOATING LOSS when Cable RUN somehow did not close the position by the end of ASIAN time either at LOSS or PROFIT???? This I feel uncomfortable to use current version of Cable Run 2.0...Perhaps when developer has come up with latest version using STOP LOSS then I will give test before I put into LIVE account...

Appreciate your feedback, Julian and hope I did not bother you with my curiosity...Thanks for your kind attention ;)

Halamja,

My Apari Live account is Classic-I. The spreads are stable. There must be a trading desk for Classic because, like you said, the demo is ECN with variable spreads.

I started Cable Run live on 9/23. Yes, definely there was floating loss after the Asian session, but the trades managed to close out with a profit later on.
When a net profit (15 pips) is reached, the Cable Run will close out all trades - some in profit and some in loss, and sometimes the profit is a little less or a little more due to slippage. That does not mean the Cable Run will close out trades no matter what or at the end of the Asian session. Look at your account history carefully. Cable Run does not close out ongoing trades unless a net total profit of 15 pips has been reached. In a fast market, Cable Run might not be able to close all all positions at once. I have watched FPA demo went into floating loss for more than 2 days and closed with a profit. I am curious to see if stop loss or close out time would handicap the performance of the EA.

That said, I can still find exits that don't follow the logic. Hope they clean up the code in the next version.

Floating LOSS still not closing??

Dear Julian:

Appreciate your feedback..So did you experienced the floating LOSS on Sep 30 which Cable Run takes SELL position then the market is STRONG BUY trend??? In my Tadawul FX...I have to cut loss that position after MANY DAYS the positions is at the FLOATING LOSS...

Yet..In my ODL account, Cable Run closed the LOSS position at the end of Asian market so I ended up with reasonable LOSS..In my opinion STOP LOSS could be SAVIOUR or KILLER for our position...Yet, based on my last experience, I'd rather CUT LOSS position rather than FLOATING it for many days and loss my chance for another trading.. :confused:

OK..On Oct 16, we have Floating LOSS which Cable Run took SELL position but then during ASIAN and LONDON time, the BUY Trend RULED..Yet, just SAVED BY THE BELL during Early USA market, the SELL Trend took place and closed the position with Profit..But that is really PURE Luck... :p

For me...I will have to put some more test on Cable Run before I have confident to manage my LIVE account...Thanks anyway for your feedback, Julian... :D

Halamsja,

Yes, on Sep 30, I had 8 sell orders open until next morning. But they all closed after a couple of strong down bars. I ended up with +132.3 pips.

Same thing on Oct 16, I actually had 9 sell orders open. With Singapore currency policy news, the Asian market pushed GBP up. The floating loss was huge. Then the market corrected itself after US market open and I almost got out all the trades. By that time the pain was unbearable so I manually closed out the rest with a loss. Amazingly, FPA demo trade provided by ProfitableFX showed all trades closed out earlier with a profit. If I didn't touch my trades, I would have made a profit. Ideally, you want the EA to take a profit after each trade. Sometimes it does that beautifully. Sometimes it just had to take multiple positions. I agree with you, stop loss may or may not help the performance of this EA. It would be nice if the EA can detect that there is a trend against the trades (for example ATR increases) then enlarge the step from 17 pips to say 34 pips or larger. In the case of Oct 16, you would have short at the top.

Floating LOSS still not closing??

Dear Julian:

EXACTLY, that is the point that I am trying to say...FLOATING LOSS is really too much for Run Cable...Yet, in some broker like Tadawul FX, on Oct 16, my demo account is closing the position with PROFIT whereas in ODL demo account I have several SELL position opens and the BUY TREND is strong so I have Floating Loss really PUMPIN the heart fast... :confused:

That is also the reason why I still dont convince to put this EA in my LIVE account yet...I have installed some other's EA which take care for my LIVE trading with better TP and SL setting...Most of them, are also being tested by FPA..

I agree if the developer could add FILTER indicator to detect the strong trend so it is automatically open the position instead of 17, perhaps by 30 or 34-35 then the same position shall be triggered... Let shall C, what is the improvement for Next version of Cable Run...I have contacted the developer which is saying that version 3.0 is underway and now on testing stage before release to us...

I still believe that this EA is still having the potential, yet for the moment I strongly believed to keep this version 2.0 in DEMO account ONLY... ;)

You need b*lls big enough to carry in a wheel-barrow

I've used this little number for about a month and a half. It's made me about $11K in a real live account during that time. It won about 70% of the trades with a profit factor in the neighborhood of 3. There were some big draw-downs, but it always finished up in a profit overnight. I've always used 1.0 and never made the jump to 2.0 preferring to turn it on & off myself (2.0 doesn't place the auxilliary orders after the stop time that I think are critical to brining things to a speedy conclusion).

I just had to change brokers because the CFTC scared GoMarkets out of taking care of americans, so have been trading in demo mode only the past week at my new broker. Last night I finally got caught. I'm in 12 open trades in that demo mode & in a huge draw down. Maybe it'll take a week to come back. In any case, I'm waiting with baited breath to see what this fiasco does before I commit any more real money to it.

Looks to me to be solid, but you absolutely can not interrupt it when it's in the middle of things. And I think if you try using it with the CFTC's 50:1 you're going to be dead meat. I've been running 200:1 and I think you need 100:1 minimum to make this work.

Now they've come out with the latest & greatest 3.0 they're selling. I emailed them back & asked if I get it for free having been with them since 1.0. I may not want to use it as I've never even made the jump to 2.0. But they didn't even grace my email with an answer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

v3

V3 employs stoploss and may also close out open orders automatically. The equity curve looks good, but only from 1.5 months of demo.

The problems with the EA are: 1) support or resistance is arbitarily determined (17 pips from GMT 21 and from any exit point), 2) when in trend, the buy and sell strategy remain the same with no adjustment of he step size. Given the principle of this EA, (buy support and sell resistance during Asian session), one can manually trade and beat the EA's performance. Try this. Plot a 15 period EMA on 1-min chart GBPUSD starting GMT 21. Buy and sell at the crossover, always in the market. Close out or stop trading before UK open.

Last edited:
Hey, if it works...

If it works, I couldn't care less if they make the buy/sell decisions with a ouija board.

I saw this system a bit differently. It looks to me like a grid trading system. I don't think support & resistance has anything to do with it at all. It's a grid, plain & simple, and with no hedging. In fact, you could grab a generic grid system (I think expert4x sells one) plug in the 17 pips & your take profit level & have precisely the same thing.

If you're saying grid systems don't work, that's one thing.

But up until yesterday, it sure seemed to work. It may yet after a few days wandering in the desert here.

A.

PS: Make that 13 open trades.

Last edited:
Back