Pygmy

Shevvy

Private, 1st Class
MT4 Properties for Setting Up Pygmy Charts

chart setup.jpg
The image above shows how the trading setup will appear on your MT4/5 trading screen, (without the writing of course!).

It also shows the three main indicators that we will use in every trade regardless of the the time; the 21 day MA, the 200 day MA and the Commodity Channel Index oscillator. And don’t worry about those marked with ‘field’ in the title I'll explain them later.

Setting Up the Charts Properties
This lesson shows all the colours and indicators that are used for the trading method on the MT4 platform. By using the same colour values and indicator settings will make it easier for me to explain things and for you to better understand what I mean.

Main Screen
To set up the background and candlesticks colours simply right click on the chart or press the F8 button on your keyboard and enter these values in the boxes.
  • Background: Black
  • Foreground: White
  • Grid: LightSlateGray
  • Bar Up: Lime
  • Bar Down: Red
  • Bull Candle: Black
  • Bear Candle: Black
  • Line Graph: Lime
  • Volumes: LimeGreen
  • Ask Line: Red
  • Stop Levels: Red
Moving Averages
Now set the values for the 21 and 200 day moving averages.

Click the word ‘INSERT’ at the top left of the screen. Then click on INDICATORS and click on ‘TREND’, finally click on ‘MOVING AVERAGES’ which brings up a box to add the values.

The 21 MA line. On the first screen ‘PARAMETERS’ add these values.
  • Period: 21
  • MA method: Exponential
  • Apply to: Close
  • Style: Yellow
  • Style Box 2: Line Not Changeable
  • Style Box 3: Select Line Number 2
  • Click OK
There is no need to change anything on the other two tabs. You now have to set the 21 MA line.

Again, click the word ‘INSERT’ at the top left of the screen and follow the route as you did for the 21 MA line.

For the 200 MA line. On the first screen ‘PARAMETERS’ add these values.
  • Period: 200
  • Style: Green
  • Click OK
That’s the screen setup done. There is no need to change anything on the other two tabs.

Commodity Channel Index
Next we need to set the values for the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator. Again click on the word ‘INSERT’ and click on ‘INDICATORS’ but now click on ‘OSCILLATORS’ and click the ‘COMMODITY CHANNEL INDEX’ name which brings up a box to add the values.

On the first screen ‘PARAMETERS’ add these values.
  • Style: White
  • Style Box 2: Select Line Number 1
  • Click OK
On the second screen ‘LEVELS’ add these values. First you need to click the ‘ADD’ button.
  • First Level: 0
  • Click Add
  • Enter: 100
  • Click Add
  • Enter: -100
  • Second Box: Select Dashed Line Number 3.
  • Note Third Box Is not changeable when using dashed lines.
There is no need to change anything on the final tab.

That's all the values set for all the colours and indicators we require for the Pygmy trading method. There are a couple of other minor changes that we need to make to the toolbars but we do them at a later date.

View attachment 49259
The image above shows how the trading setup will appear on your MT4/5 trading screen, (without the writing of course!).

It also shows the three main indicators that we will use in every trade regardless of the the time; the 21 day MA, the 200 day MA and the Commodity Channel Index oscillator. And don’t worry about those marked with ‘field’ in the title I'll explain them later.

This lesson shows all the colours and indicators that are used for the trading method on the MT4 platform. By using the same colour values and indicator settings will make it easier for me to explain things and for you to better understand what I mean.

Main Screen
To set up the background and candlesticks colours simply right click on the chart or press the F8 button on your keyboard and enter these values in the boxes.
Moving Averages

Click the word ‘INSERT’ at the top left of the screen. Then click on INDICATORS and click on ‘TREND’, finally click on ‘MOVING AVERAGES’ which brings up a box to add the values.

• Click OK
There is no need to change anything on the other two tabs. You now have to set the 21 MA line.

Again, click the word ‘INSERT’ at the top left of the screen and follow the route as you did for the 21 MA line.

• Click OK
That’s the screen setup done. There is no need to change anything on the other two tabs.

Commodity Channel Index
Next we need to set the values for the Commodity Channel Index Oscillator. Again click on the word ‘INSERT’ and click on ‘INDICATORS’ but now click on ‘OSCILLATORS’ and click the ‘COMMODITY CHANNEL INDEX’ name which brings up a box to add the values.

• Click OK
On the second screen ‘LEVELS’ add these values. First you need to click the ‘ADD’ button.
  • Click Add
  • Click Add

That's all the values set for all the colours and indicators we require for the Pygmy trading method. There are a couple of other minor changes that we need to make to the toolbars but we do them at a later date.
Thanks for your hard work mate :) let me know if I can help you with anything :)

View attachment 49259

Main Screen
Moving Averages

• Click OK

• Click OK

Commodity Channel Index

• Click OK
  • Click Add
  • Click Add

How do you know where and when to enter and exit the trade?
Is this in a pdf doc you could send out?

I don't think this system looks very convincing either) I wouldn't trust it too much, or expect any profit from it. There are some areas that really need to be fixed, and if you do that, the system will turn out to be very decent. But in the meantime, I will also hold back and not try it on my account.

Back