scalping strategy during high-volatility periods

You will never succeed if you don't work out on risk management, You need to keep patience to think what is good to give it the green signal :) take a risk on the amount you can bear to lose and don't affect your family life.

I don't think a logical trader, even if they have a high risk-appetite, they would not want to trade into a huge macroeconomic data announcement. but if you wanna really really do that, I guess a wise way to go is to watch the first direction, which is usually clear in the first few minutes after the data release. Then to go do the opposite. The very first, initial moves have an tendency to reverse.

I suppose strategies for scalping are created taking into account high-volatility periods, as despite all prejudices that such periods are characcterized by high risks, scalpers benefit from that. I'm speaking about wise scalpers of course, who know how to catch the price's wave.
In any other case, if you are an intermediate scalper and you are afraid of roller-coasters, especially trading with leverage, then it's better to wait until the market calms down, or to choose another time period for trading. Scalpers usually trade when assets are very liquid, like during sessions overlaps, for example.

I suppose strategies for scalping are created taking into account high-volatility periods, as despite all prejudices that such periods are characcterized by high risks, scalpers benefit from that. I'm speaking about wise scalpers of course, who know how to catch the price's wave.
In any other case, if you are an intermediate scalper and you are afraid of roller-coasters, especially trading with leverage, then it's better to wait until the market calms down, or to choose another time period for trading. Scalpers usually trade when assets are very liquid, like during sessions overlaps, for example.
Successful high-volatility scalping requires two key aspects. Firstly, a deep understanding of technical analysis is needed to accurately identify entry and exit points during rapid price fluctuations. Secondly, discipline and money management are crucial, helping to adhere to the trading strategy and avoid excessive risk, which ultimately helps preserve capital overall.

Back