• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Skrill.com (Was MoneyBookers.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Sometimes, it takes persistence.

I'm beginning to wonder if they have a flaw in their database that's somehow not saving document uploads on some accounts. If so, this would leave some clients screaming "I uploaded it multiple times. You guys are scammers!" and leave the support agents thinking "Nothing was uploaded. This must be another crazy client."

That's reason why we have to many complaints, scam topic. I think at least 50 % scam topics was trader's fault. :)

That's reason why we have to many complaints, scam topic. I think at least 50 % scam topics was trader's fault. :)

Sometimes we have to be "loud" in forums to attract their attention, specially when there is no other way to solve or when you face dead end.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm an ebay seller and only use paypal. But someone bought about $2500 worth of items from us back in Feb 2013 and requested using moneybookers. We didn't know anything about moneybookers but signed up and received $2500 from her. We sent her the items. She received them. And signed for which the Fedex tracking shows. But a few weeks later, she sent us an ebay message falsely claiming they were not authentic. We wrote back saying they are 100% authentic guaranteed. A few months later, she filed chargeback with money bookers. We sent moneybookers all the requested info including Fedex tracking which showed she signed for package, the items' ebay info, etc. Moneybookers reversed her chargeback. But she tried the chargeback the second time. We told moneybookers again we already disputed her first chargeback attempt and moneybookers said they'd investigate and get back to us. Tonight, we finally heard back from moneybookers saying "We would like to inform you that after the reversal of this chargeback transaction on 10 Jun 2013, the customer (Ebay buyer) has continued to dispute the transaction with his bank and the complaint has been sent to VISA per-arbitration/per-compliance commission which has decided on behalf and in favor of the customer (Ebay buyer).

Unfortunately we are not able to object the chargeback for second time and it was applied again to your Skrill account. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this matter may have caused to yourselves.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us back. We will be happy to assist you."

This does NOT make sense at all! Moneybookers reversed the first chargeback attempt by the buyer but not the second time? WTF!!! We just called MB but some customer rep with an Eastern European/Russian accent saying there's nothing she could do. I asked to speak to the manager and she claimed no managers on duty right now (midnight EST) We'll call to speak to manager on Monday.

But what rights do I have? How can we get MB to reserve this second chargeback attempt?

Who should we file complaints against MB and the buyer to? FDIC? Attorney general? BBB?

Should we sue?

Should we contact the buyer again? She has the items AND the money which she reversed. So basically she STOLE our items!

We checked our MB account and it shows it is -$2540 ($2500 plus $40 service fee). How will MB force us to pay that amount when we do not intend to use it ever again? How will it get the money from us? Will and can it take the money from our checking account without our permission?

Sometimes we have to be "loud" in forums to attract their attention, specially when there is no other way to solve or when you face dead end.

I agree mopai, we need this platform to raise our voice in such situations to let them feel that yes, we can discuss regarding your mismanagements and so on...

Last edited:
But what rights do I have? How can we get MB to reserve this second chargeback attempt?

Who should we file complaints against MB and the buyer to? FDIC? Attorney general? BBB?

Should we sue?

Should we contact the buyer again? She has the items AND the money which she reversed. So basically she STOLE our items!

We checked our MB account and it shows it is -$2540 ($2500 plus $40 service fee). How will MB force us to pay that amount when we do not intend to use it ever again? How will it get the money from us? Will and can it take the money from our checking account without our permission?

I would think that you should be able to dispute the chargeback with VISA.

MB/Skrill is regulated in the UK. The FOS and FCA would be good places to start complaining.

You should talk to your bank about whether MB/Skrill can try to charge off that $2540 against your bank account.

Are you and the buyer in the same country? If so, a court case would be a lot easier than if you are located in different countries.

I have good news from Skrill, finally after being loud in forums for almost 1 month, they unlocked my account and refunded the missing withdrawal.
Thanks to this forum

I have good news from Skrill, finally after being loud in forums for almost 1 month, they unlocked my account and refunded the missing withdrawal.
Thanks to this forum

That's actually a good news. I think you should keep using Skrill. :) But I wonder why I withdraw too many times from Skrill and got no problems and you got problem.

Hi, all.
I uploaded deposit to my account of Skrill via bank transfer in the end of last month.
However it is still not credited in my Skrill account and as others said I got no response from Skrill support at all.
Some said this firm will be bankrupt.
Do someone have any info about this firm?

MONEY IN - MONEY DISAPPEAR.

943568_695517957141335_1430656956_n.jpg
The picture of Skrill employees who had enjoyed a party by our money.

File a complaint with your bank.

Hi,
Skrill use the bank account in my country that is transfer dedicated. I already checked my bank sent money to the account.
Many same type complaints by other users were posted at the Facebook of Skrill (may be over 20 - 30).
The reason why they needed to post complaints at the Facebook was they had no response from Skrill at all.
The worst case in it was that the issue have been continuing over a month with no response.

Clearly, Skrill have something severe business issue.

[video=youtube;Dxn6IfJRgdQ][/video]
As you see above, they have something trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back