Time frames

Are you saying higher time frame is more predictable?
Yes because big sharks can't move positions too frequently (obviously due to size). So yes, when the make trades they initiate some medium-term or long-term trends.

Yes because big sharks can't move positions too frequently (obviously due to size). So yes, when the make trades they initiate some medium-term or long-term trends.
Thank you

Hi, timeframe choosing depends on your convenience and trading style. For me, I follow London n NY overlapped time. Whether you go for scalping or intraday, choose a comfortable timeframe and try to continue it to monitor your improvement. That's what helped me a lot. Good luck.
Thanks you :)

I am struggling with using the correct time frame. I am using a scalping method at the moment so I am working on short time frames. I have a long term trade on but not sure if it will come out the way I had hoped. I find the longer trades more daunting and struggle to read the market. Anyone have any tips for me?

I am struggling with using the correct time frame. I am using a scalping method at the moment so I am working on short time frames. I have a long term trade on but not sure if it will come out the way I had hoped. I find the longer trades more daunting and struggle to read the market. Anyone have any tips for me?
What Time frame are you using for scalping ? I suggest just use M5 and M1 for scalping. If you are using higher timeframes than these, you are using intraday timeframe and they will not help much.

I like your approach OP, how you are set on learning, that's very important.
I don't have much to add to the bunch of useful info already posted in this thread, I just want to say that in the beginning you should try several different time frames and choose which one you are comfortable with. Because it is advisable to adjust your time frames to your lifestyle, how much time you have/want to spend on trading, and which frame you feel more confident about.

I use a higher timeframe to evaluate the overall position, say 1 or 4 hours. I then use 15 min or 30 mins to establish a good entry point. This seems to work for me but its interesting to read the other comments here for ideas and tips.

Hi all, hoping to get some idea of whether it is a good idea to trade on different timeframes (e.g. scalping and intraday) or whether it is best to stick to one timeframe strategy?
Self-proclaimed Experts, like professors in a place of higher learning, can only teach you what they know. In the real self-discovery world, it's you who decides what works for you.
Try out whatever strategies is out there to discover what best works for you and the system that you are most comfortable & confident with.

What works for one doesn't necessarily works for another as some will swear to technical analysis, while another with fundamentals, and then there are those (like yours truly) is somewhere in between.

In the daily analysis, I use from higher timeframe to look out major trend and the rance, if use monthly timeframe will look on one candlestick and make summary then use weekly and daily and also smallest timeframe like as M15

Back