US Debt Limit

Rambo35

Corporal
As US politicians never cared to address the issue and basically kick the can down the road as with so many other issues, we are back to the debt ceiling and talks about the US debt limit. So far it has always been raised and a few more months were borrowed in order to load up more debt and not address spending.

What are your thoughts on the US debt limit and do you think the US will continue to be able to kick the can down the road?

I think creditors are already fed up with the lack of leadership in Washington and it is only a matter of time until they cut their losses and say enough is enough.

Considering that the US has developed the habit of print money to buy it's own bonds, I think this can kicking will only be stopped when it escalates to kicking the bucket.

There is a lot more going on than just can kicking. This also shows and explains Obama's wanting to go back to war in the middle east, at least a bit. If there was an active war happening, there almost guaranteed that congress would not have delayed on a budget or debt ceiling, and then no one would have had the ability to challenge Obama care on the budget bills in congress.

There is a lot more going on than just can kicking. This also shows and explains Obama's wanting to go back to war in the middle east, at least a bit. If there was an active war happening, there almost guaranteed that congress would not have delayed on a budget or debt ceiling, and then no one would have had the ability to challenge Obama care on the budget bills in congress.
Obamacare is in Law status.The GOP is not poking on a bill , its trying to block a ,now, Law!
A friend suggested this "Think about the republicans going Short Ninja before the vote".
Tha'd be ingenius

I hear what you are saying. It was too little too late. The problem now is that Obama is having a temper tantrum, and people are letting him. At the same time, the house and congress are playing the blame game, and nothing is getting done. I'm almost willing to put down money that we are seeing the first steps of the U.S. economic collapse.

I hear what you are saying. It was too little too late. The problem now is that Obama is having a temper tantrum, and people are letting him. At the same time, the house and congress are playing the blame game, and nothing is getting done. I'm almost willing to put down money that we are seeing the first steps of the U.S. economic collapse.
I would not mind sacrificing 100 dollars on a high leverage account on an extreme dollar tumble expectation.
Rahman SL knows what i mean.

You are right, but I don't think it is the first step as there have been steps taking before this.

As much as i hate to, I cant ignore reality. Ive been shorting the dollar against a few major currencies in anticipation of the inevitable dollar collapse. Our government is printing out trillions of dollars due to QE and that coupled with our ever increasing debt is going to seriously come back to bite us in the butt.

the market is about to open and their is still no real progress in debt ceiling and govt shutdown talks.so do we still see the market favoring usd or maybe the risk appetite could now decrease and market may favor safe haven currencies like the japanese yen?
just looking for personal opinions as i am bored of reading and re-reading all the news articles that the internet has to offer..:confused::p

Back