What's your view/opinion on today's market movements?

Today market should only have two speeds: pause or slow!!

Nope, there are two more options....simply don't trade, or, like myself, place "carry trades" and allow running trades to reap daily positive swaps for as long as I like :cool:

Updates:

In my post#176, I stated that I expect to reap 20-30% per year returns from my slow & lazy "carry trade" system.

However...hmmm...when I accrued my trading account earlier on, I discovered that, since re-funding and re-starting the trading account on 12/April/2014, my profit is 52.69% over total deposits.

All my trades (excepting those short term trades on silver at the 18.9 levels) received daily positive swaps.....I did closed out quite a lot of trades that went into fairly good profits but took back trades as the price went back up.

Well, I still have a lot of "carry trades" running which gives me daily positive swaps, and my profits are way higher than even my target for an entire year, and my free margin is at a healthy level.......... so we shall see how my account will play out in the next few months.

Trading "Carry Trades" system is really much2 more stress free than day/swing trading on the other more common currencies pair...and I don't even bother much with good or bad key economic data coming out cause the impact on my trades is really insignificant unless the news is really2 bad or good on one or both the currencies on the pair that I used for "carry trades".

If I continue to open trades at or very near the lowest or highest levels that the currency pairs have gone to, my trades should be good.

This pair is just starting to give the RR I'm looking for so have set 3 sell limit order @ 1.1067,1.1117 and 1.1187 on USDCAD as I can't watch market 24/5:rolleyes:

1st targeting 1.0858 with SL above 1.1280

This is a D1 trade for me so could take some time to play out;)

This trade is now invalid as gone down near TP without giving RR:(

UPDATES:

I am still very much a lazy "carry trades" Trader :p.......and must be doing something right after all these years (+4) of messing around with various trading strategies, following "experts/professional traders", "free signal providers", and even...hehehe... an "astral trader" (who have since disappeared to the astral world).

However, I do not strictly follow "carry trades" rules cause I have not let any trades to run for length of time (over 1 month), excepting those which took some time (just over 2 weeks) to go into some profits but which racked in substantial daily positive swaps in the waiting process.
I closed positions that went into some fairly good profits and reopened trade positions when market reversed.

All in, since re-funding and re-starting trading account on 12/April/2014, ending last Friday trading week, my profit is 114.92% over total deposits.....equity & free margin are at healthy level with many trades still left running racking in daily positive swaps :cool:

Of all the many strategies that I have tried through the years, this is indeed a hassle free & safe way to invest in the forex market without risking too much of my capital...........BUT I still have to control and to discipline myself from OVER TRADING & GREED IN DESIRING MORE DAILY PROFITS :p

UPDATES

Since re-funding and re-starting trading account on 12/April/2014, ending last Friday trading week, my profit is now 155.33% over total deposits.....equity & free margin are at healthy level (more than 1,800%) with many trades still left running racking in daily positive swaps....so I must be doing something right for a change :cool:

UPDATES

Since re-funding and re-starting trading account on 12/April/2014, ending last Friday trading week, my profit is now 155.33% over total deposits.....equity & free margin are at healthy level (more than 1,800%) with many trades still left running racking in daily positive swaps....so I must be doing something right for a change :cool:
WOW Just an awesome result -Good for you Rahman - Also not as demanding and complicated as other styles of trading.
You wrote previously that you have to over come yr greed and over trading.

The latter easily done for a novice -i had allocated 1k for 2 x 0.05 trades or 3 x 0.03 trades and stuck to 4 curr. pairs too many). Found out that was not nearly enough and had to add substantially - i also thought i would not mind waiting 6/12 months or more for a trade to turn as the swaps grew, i realize now i do as it drags on and on.

Your insightful style would suit me far better from now on (as i free capital) i would like to pursue. I am still not clear about;' do you get out of a trade after 2-4 weeks even if negative? or do you wait until you are positive?'
And to double check, ' do you stick purely to 2 x 0.05 trades? on 1 currency pair', have i got that correct?

Thank you in advance for your reply and for your generous sharing, your strategy gives me some hope as the last few years have been more then dismal.

I never actually understood "carry trade"

Before you can do a "put" option, you need to carry the trade to the proper destination. :D

OK, slightly more seriously, carry trades are held to gain positive swap interest over a longer period of time. If price stays flat, the swap is your profit. If price moves modestly against you, you can still end up in profit. If price moves in your favor and you are gaining interest, then you're a truly happy trader.

Joh, I think you are leaning more towards pure "carry trades".....in which case, you should read/follow my other thread "Trial pure carry trade-how will it turn out?"
But to answer your questions:

Q1) Do you get out of a trade after 2-4 weeks even if negative? or do you wait until you are positive?'
No, I never get out of a trade when it's in negative because the longer I leave the trade running, the more positive swaps I get. I have no time frame to get out of a trade...even though it might be in positive....but I would close out a trade if the accumulated daily positive swaps plus the profit equals more than at least one month of accumulative positive swaps.

2)' do you stick purely to 2 x 0.05 trades? on 1 currency pair', have i got that correct?
That obviously depends on my account size, and I try to maintain at least 700% on free margin levels for the account to absorb any initial losses. But as the daily accumulative swaps increases, that free margin levels will automatically increase and so I can add additional positions if I so wishes.

The "King-Of-Upper-And-Lower-Mississippi" has explained very adequately on what is "carry trade" ;)

===================================================================

UPDATES

Since re-funding and re-starting trading account on 12/April/2014, ending last Friday 23-May-2014 trading week, my profit is now 169.05% over total deposits....the modest gain over last week is due to my busy work schedules which left me limited time to trade the forex market.

Back