With and without trading indicators - Opinions

only 5?
there are probably hundreds of indicators (including the tweaks), you know. :D

how long did it take you to cut the number from 5 to two then nearly zero indicators?
I would say they are still a good help to understand the temperature of the market.

Earlier days was so difficult for trading to me that i almost couldnt take up any trade without the help of any indicator and now i almost feel that these indicators are of mere importance when we are trading with price action.

Long Wti short gold

wti.gif

Looks like a 5x5 DMA could show the support reasonably well. on the first part of the chart. Indicators don't really help once a huge breakout (perhaps triggered by a change in government - is that chart recent?) happens.

I like to trade without indicators. I use breakout strategy and trendline with support and resistance also. Candle stick patterns are a guide near these points to guide me in trading.

Hello Everyone,

The purpose of this thread is to generate opinions about trading with and without indicators. Recently I learnt about price action after failed with 100+ indicators. Yet I cannot trade nakedly without indicators and use moving averages to identify the trend. Please comment.

We can trade with and without indicators.By using indicators we can find whether the price will be bullish or bearish,where the trend might be ending.Without indicators we can also trade in forex through the charts,candlesticks,technical and fundamental analysis.

We can trade with and without indicators.By using indicators we can find whether the price will be bullish or bearish,where the trend might be ending.Without indicators we can also trade in forex through the charts,candlesticks,technical and fundamental analysis.

You are right, there are many ways in trading without indicators. Indicator might create confusion to us and if we are using more than one indicator, then they often give us conflicting signal.

the key is finding the right combination of indicators so as to minimize conflicting signals. it is possible.

take a look at eSignal's offering called AdvancedGET for some simple examples: Best Trading Platform, Technical Analysis Software - eSignal's Advanced GET

there are more videos in the support section. interesting stuff.

You are right, if we use some good combinations of indicators then we can get some thing out of it, but using too much indicators or trusting them blindly can bring losses.

Back