With and without trading indicators - Opinions

I believe that the technique of candlesticks requires the support of the indicators. Very often false breaks could be avoided by a careful analysis of RSI, ADX, moving averages, etc.
it does not require the support of indicators. candlesticks can be a standalone indicator in itself. In the same light, false breaks can be avoided even without those mentioned indicators.

Having said that, I use indicators and I can say that they can help.... so I partially agree with you.

The trend of Jpy shows how the exchange rate is tied to macroeconomic data and declarations. The oscillators are not involved, while there is a hope that the BOJ intervenes with new liquidity.
Of course the oscillators are not involved. If they are, I will increase the oscillators in my chart from 10 to 25! :D

In times of volatility such as now, we have the demonstration about how the extremes of certain indicators really doesn’t matter that much.

that is correct. however, some oscillators, even during extreme volatility, will help track some important cycles embedded within the price action. also, most people seem to completely overlook time-spectrum analysis, and i don't mean the times when each session opens, closes, and the fix. it has been touched upon by people such as JM Hurst and J Ehlers. i recently noticed something interesting with fibonacci time expansions (not projections, that's a different tool). unfortunately, that's probably just scratching the surface.

In times of volatility such as now, we have the demonstration about how the extremes of certain indicators really doesn’t matter that much.

that is correct. however, some oscillators, even during extreme volatility, will help track some important cycles embedded within the price action. also, most people seem to completely overlook time-spectrum analysis, and i don't mean the times when each session opens, closes, and the fix. it has been touched upon by people such as JM Hurst and J Ehlers. i recently noticed something interesting with fibonacci time expansions (not projections, that's a different tool). unfortunately, that's probably just scratching the surface.
overlooked because such are "esoteric" stuff. :D
personally, i like such stuff but of course it requires much time and practice as well.

At the start of my trading career i was so much excited that i almost learnt all the indicators more than five indicators and tried to trade with the help of all :D which led to losses then i cut it to 2 indicators only and now i almost like to trade without them.

I am not saying that extreme oscillators are not an useful support, but I prefer to combine with the sentiment indicators, to get some more element to define a price as “extreme”.

At the start of my trading career i was so much excited that i almost learnt all the indicators more than five indicators and tried to trade with the help of all :D which led to losses then i cut it to 2 indicators only and now i almost like to trade without them.
only 5?
there are probably hundreds of indicators (including the tweaks), you know. :D

how long did it take you to cut the number from 5 to two then nearly zero indicators?

I am not saying that extreme oscillators are not an useful support, but I prefer to combine with the sentiment indicators, to get some more element to define a price as “extreme”.
but you can have a sense of whether price is at an extreme even without these indicators, can't you?

Back