With and without trading indicators - Opinions

Trading is more interesting if you do it without indicators. But it does not meant that indicators are not worthy enough to try. You can get an extra confirmation of the price action and an extra confidence in entering the trades if you have some indies in your chart.

i used to wonder about this too... when you look at a price chart (candlesticks or bars) there tends to be a lot of noise, lots of back and forth, up/down candles sometimes right next to each other (unless of course it's rocketing one way only) but usually, markets are more often sideways than trending, and so, to the untrained eye it appears as if it is random. however it isn't and a combo of indicators that complement each other will filter out a lot of the noise that otherwise the trader's brain would have to filter out. and considering there are so many data points on a chart, some relevant and some just noise, the cognitive task at hand can become overwhelming. (you should read that article on zerohedge.com about the sheer size of data algos process in the blink of an eye and how they extract tradable info from the noise, crazy!)

therefore i find technical indicators indispensable as they show me just and exactly what i should be considering by removing all the distracting noise. not to say that one cannot position trade based only on price action and harmonic patterns. but for less than 5 minute time frames, i don't see how it's possible to trade off only a naked chart without any reference points whatsoever.

Trading is more interesting if you do it without indicators. But it does not meant that indicators are not worthy enough to try. You can get an extra confirmation of the price action and an extra confidence in entering the trades if you have some indies in your chart.

but for less than 5 minute time frames, i don't see how it's possible to trade off only a naked chart without any reference points whatsoever.

In order to trade off naked charts, one should first get naked. :p

Obviously, this can cause a bit of a disturbance if you trade in a net bar or other public place.

Obviously, this can cause a bit of a disturbance if you trade in a net bar or other public place.

:lol: Unimaginable trading form that can be made. Will get us in trouble even more than the losses better to be aware.

The words of Mr Draghi are going to create some unbelievable trades… no need for indicators.

that's pretty much how i trade here at home! less of the former, more of the latter. LOL

less clothes to wash, less electricity consumed especially during summer months!

not to say that one cannot position trade based only on price action and harmonic patterns. but for less than 5 minute time frames, i don't see how it's possible to trade off only a naked chart without any reference points whatsoever.
it is possible. you simply create your very own reference points. it is applicable in any time frame.

Back