With and without trading indicators - Opinions

How do you justify that traders without indicators are gamblers and traders with indicators are smart ones ? Indicators may helpful in trading. Neither EAs nor indicators will make you smart. Only you can become smarter by understanding the fundamentals about forex trading and by controlling your emotions.

Really agree with your post here. Good one.

Most indicators are lagging,I prefer to use a leading indicator for entry and exit with the help of a couple lagging indicators for overbrought,oversold conditions

Agree. So would you like to tell us about the indicators that you are currently using ?

Agree. So would you like to tell us about the indicators that you are currently using ?

Well there's really not much to say about them,TSI and MOM I use for overbrought,oversold conditions and MACD I use for possible direction.MA's I mainly use for support and resistance,together they help with my entry's and exit's

MA's,MACD and MOM are standard MT4 indicators
EY H4.jpg

Last edited:
In my opinion,
Market is, that's why the indicators are - not vice versa. Most of the indicators and even the combination would give you glimpse of the past. For example, a typical 100SMA and 200SMA crossing would be a trade signal.. right ? If it crosses over, it's a buy, if it's crosses down, it's a sell. However, point to note here is, price gains long/short momentum much before they actually cross. And by the time you see them crossing, probably the momentum is gone and so is the opportunity.

I find myself more profitable while trading with naked eyes analyzing simple structures. I am not saying say NO to indicators, but use them just as helpers, do not rely completely on them to give you right answer everytime.

Yep Bro. More than 05 at the moment. Now I am learning price action trading. May be that will bring me a luck

Thats great because I am also learning price action and you will find that if you understand price action, you do not need any indicator!! Good luck

Back