• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

Perhaps this company would like to submit an account for FPA Performance Testing?

Not sure that is required as I am monitoring my own account for peace of mind ...

Early this morning (06 Nov) when I checked my account, I had four trades placed by Fortress. The time stamps were sequentially ascending (getting bigger) and the order numbers increased in ascending range, both of which are expected with sequential trades. Then, I checked early this afternoon (06 Nov) and, lo and behold, those four trades multiplied into nine! ...

The first strange thing is that the timestamps for the trades were exactly the same as the ones that were previously placed! First question; if trades were all placed at the same time as the original four, then why would I have not seen them in my trading window at the time of first observation?

Second question; the order numbers were not in the expected sequence order ... in fact, other trades of later time stamps (and sequential order numbers) were placed between the trades that had the same time stamps as the original four trades! So, if the trades were placed at the same time as the original four, why would their order numbers not also be correspondingly in sequence?

I have attached the two screen shots but, blackened out the order numbers for fear that they will identify me and wipe my account, if they have not done so already. The important thing to notice is that I sorted the order number column in each screenshot so that the order numbers are A-Z, or smallest (and therefore the earliest trade placed) to largest so you can see that I was comparing apples to apples, so to speak.

I am sensing more and more that Knight is an off market broker and/or that Fortress are manipulating their trades ... in fact, the way that Knight appear to be communicating with Fortress, it would not surprise me that they are the same people ...

20151106 Early Afternoon Fortress Active Trades - FPA.png 20151106 Early Morning Fortress Active Trades - FPA.png

I really don't understand the obsession some people have with calling every program a scam.
Why can't you just be happy for others who are making money in the market etc?
There is no evidence this is a scam unless someone says they have not received a withdrawal, etc.
I recommend you act more professionally. This is Trading.
There is always risk but that doesn't mean you can call something a "scam" that has happy clients.
Unless of course it's Binary Options... :p (LOL)

There is no evidence this is a scam unless someone says they have not received a withdrawal, etc.

... doesn't mean you can call something a "scam" that has happy clients.

Unless of course it's Binary Options

Totally concur. At no time have I said that Fortress or Knight are scams. I have, however, presented information that I have found in the process of assessing and managing the risk for my own account and position(s). I have, since the beginning of my activities on this post, deliberately avoided jumping on the "this is a scam" bandwagon because, as you also say;

As for BOs, yeah, well, again, I totally concur that they are scams. Anytime that your broker uses a web interface as their trading platform, well, that has to be saying something, right?

I am almost certain already that this is one of the scam schemes of fapturbo. They have several "brokers" already so they have the resource and the knowledge, how to make a backtest and import it in a MT4 server, so they can fake it to appear as a real money account in myfxbook or other verification service. The observation of Arsus Kickus is very reasonable - in order to fake you to think that you are making money they can do whatever they want, since you can only observe what is happening in your account. So they take your money, you are happy because you see that you make good profit /which are nothing but fake numbers/, you tell your friends, so they give their money too, so the people are collecting some millions of money until the fraud is exposed, then they disappear. You cannot do anything, because this is not regulated by any regulator, your money are in some private account in some offshore bank in the other end of the world. I checked all the info on this SCAM site – from the fake fund manager which is an actor, the fake testimonials from actors, fake signature, fake awards from fake award sites, to the fake performance, which just cannot be a real one, fake addresses, fake pictures of their office … fake everything. I do not have intention to waste my time anymore here. Remember my words!

All of you are warned.

Happy client / withdrawals = not a scam. FAP Turbo robot?? ...Save it.... Something isnt a scam unless someone's been scammed.. Nobody has so I strongly disagree here.

For Performance Testing, tell them to get in touch with the FPA. All they need to do is put at least $500 into a live account and give the FPA investor access.

Those trades popping up is very strange. Is it possible that open trades weren't part of the initial list of 4 and then 5 other trades closed later on were added to the list? Check the closing times to see if this is a possible explanation or not.

Just read through this whole thread. Very interesting from both sides. If I personally had an account and had "quadrupled" my initial deposit I'd definitely would have taken my initial deposit (plus some) out by now just to be sure, that way you haven't lost anything.
So my question is this, has anyone here that has an account with this mob actually withdrawn their profits yet? Isn't that is the real test as to whether this is a scam or not? Also if succeeded, was it difficult to do (like binary brokers) or not?

I could be mistaken but, I think that you might be confusing Knight Capital Markets with Knight Capital Group ... The latter was acquired (majority stake) by Getco (TD Ameritrade, et. al.) in 2012 for $400 million after Knight Capital Group lost more than $400 million due to a HFT glitch. I can't find much on the former (the current discussion thread) ...
Hi am thinking in investing in Fortress but you and Alex have invested and now seem to have serious doubts about how legit it all is Have you managed to get your initial investment back out and you have not posted for awhile Is your opinion still the same

Why I am not investing....

In August 2014 I received a very similair offer via ForexVerified for a 'Hedge Fund', also same glossy PDF brochure and outlandish results.
It turned out to be a scam (https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/fx-trading-account-com.32064/). I have attached an screenshot of this email.

Earlier this month I recieved an email from another address (but calling themselves ForexVerified) for a 'London Fx Fund making 1200 per year', the promotion signed by Ethan Cooper. This takes you to the Fortress Fund page (With Swiss Phone and Fax numbers?? - what happened to London?) - attached screenshot

Today I got another email from ForexVerified with the same links only now its not London Fx Fund but Fortress Fund, and the obligatory glossy PDF again

To me they are all from the same source under different names, as the 2014 attempt turned out to be a scam I am not interested in what appear to be re-incarnations. For those that have taken the plunge good luck, I hope for your sakes I am wrong.

ForexVerified, I lost confidence in you when you promoted Fx-Traders-Account

Attachments

• forexverified2.png
    forexverified2.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 3
  • forexverified.png
    forexverified.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
An Ode to Lazy marketing....

At school did you ever copy your friend's essay but change the wording to make it look original?

Why Fortress Fund and Forex-Trading Account.com (https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/fx-trading-account-com.32064/) are one and the same.....

Sorry Fortress Fund but I keep all my emails

A side by side comparison of marketing material attached. This is just a sample. (Anyone wanting originals from Forex-trading account I am happy to send you PM me)

Be warned!

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 7
  • b.png
    b.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 5
  • c.png
    c.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: