• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Knight Capital Markets & Fortress Fund (Warning)

There is no evidence this is a scam unless someone says they have not received a withdrawal, etc.

True, but if your money was in a Ponzi would you want to wait for that sort of evidence or would you wish you'd seen the warning signs before it was too late?

Even in a Ponzi people make successful withdrawals.... in the beginning.

Look at the bigger picture presented in this thread

Last edited:
This doesn't make something a scam Ariel.

It's been in operation for many years. Currensee featured top traders, seen their booth before at one of the Traders Expo in Toronto as well.

Copy / Stock Images being swapped in Forex is nothing new.
It's very common for Forex websites to all be using the same copy and pictures of their trading setups, etc.
The same company "fx web design" designs tons of these website and you can tell with the brokers as well, the templates / verbiage gets very tiring...

This doesn't make something a scam Ariel.

It's been in operation for many years. Currensee featured top traders, seen their booth before at one of the Traders Expo in Toronto as well.

Copy / Stock Images being swapped in Forex is nothing new.
It's very common for Forex websites to all be using the same copy and pictures of their trading setups, etc.
The same company "fx web design" designs tons of these website and you can tell with the brokers as well, the templates / verbiage gets very tiring...

How do you know the traders are the same as the ones on Currensee? Is it just the name that is the same? Why would top traders use an unregulated dodgy broker that made up awards they didn't receive? Doesn't make any sense.

This fund is not a scam.
#1 on Currensee for years and clearly several happy clients.

However, as for the copy, all of these affiliate Forex marketing agencies use "copywriters" and actors who use the same sales stuff.
It's quite common. Many FX robots I notice use the same sales page with a new banner for unrelated products.

In the end, all that matters is the performance.

Downtrend and KTFXSMITH:

What connects this program to the one on Currensee? Is it the name of the fund, the name of the trader or something else?
Could you offer some proof?

Another question: Why would a top trader go with a non-existent broker (that is really a website with a metatrader license), a company that doesn't exist (that copied a name from Knight Capital Group), that invented some awards it did not recieve?

Would it make more sense to you that top traders controlling 7 million USD would use a reputable broker rather than a fake one? See post 1 and 28 amongst others

Ariel,

I recommend you learn how to do basic "investigatory work".
Their websites are 5-10 years old if you do a basic WHOIS search I just conducted.
I don't know what you mean by "fake".

If you go on Zulu, eToro, Currensee, Myfxbook, fxstat, they all have brokers that are less "big" then FXCM and being someone that had to wait MONTHs to get my money from Alpari while I have never had issues with unregulated brokers like Finfx, etc - It's not a mystery why there are 500+ MT4 Brokers.

Bigger is not always better in Forex brokerages. ;)

KTFXSMITH said:
Ariel,

I recommend you learn how to do basic "investigatory work".
Their websites are 5-10 years old if you do a basic WHOIS search I just conducted.

Well done Sherlock, you've found the age of the website! the next question you'll want to answer is how old is the broker. Keep going you're on the right track.

I don't know what you mean by "fake".

The chief analyst (the guy you are trusting with your money) can't even sign his own name correctly for goodness sake, how much more evidence of fakery do you need? (see attached)

If you go on Zulu, eToro, Currensee, Myfxbook, fxstat, they all have brokers that are less "big" then FXCM and being someone that had to wait MONTHs to get my money from Alpari while I have never had issues with unregulated brokers like Finfx, etc - It's not a mystery why there are 500+ MT4 Brokers.

Currensee - where these traders supposedly earned a top reputation - every single one of its brokers was regulated. Nonetheless the traders moved their client's millions to an unregulated broker. mmm.

And by the way, FinFx, the other Finish Broker, is regulated by CySEC license 234/14 ....If you need any more help with basic investigatory work just drop me a message and I'll be glad to help.

Attachments

• sig.png
    sig.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
If the broker has owned the website since 2005 (or whatever 5+ year ago it was), they likely didn't purchase the domain and own it for several years without doing anything, Ariel...

You seem to be under the illusion that if a broker is regulated it means they can't play any games with your money, etc.
All of the big regulated brokers have dealing desks, etc. Or they would not make remotely the amount of money they do.
And Cyprus? Brokers regulated in Cyprus, Belize, etc are a joke. Those regulators do not have nearly the powers that a UK or US regulator has.

Most of the programs on Zulu etc offer these brokers and unregulated brokers because they can accept clients from 90% of the world including countries like Australia, USA etc thatr restrict people using them.

One broker, one of my favorites, is Forex Broker Inc. An advertiser here in FPA, and a legit broker, they aren't regulated, but your money is no more likely to be "lost" there then at a "regulated" broker in Cyprus or even New Zealand, Australia etc!

These regulators are not going to do anything special for you... the FPA is a much more likely source for helpfulness then a regulator when it comes down to it....

It's just the truth.

Aggressive marketing does not mean an operation is fake or I would say pretty much everything in FX is a scam.
If this company had defrauded investors, there would be many disgruntled clients, etc.
My money is on legitimacy here.
Cheers.

Back