• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss AutoFxMillionaire.com (Matthew Burton)

General discussions of a financial company
Has anyone else have problems with the EA today? it says "Trade List file is not Valid(2)? its not even entering the trades....

This error we are told can be ignored, as for trades not triggering, check your settings under tools, options EAs, and tick the "allow live trading" box. This may help.

Thanks

Make sure you have ticked the box "Allow live trading" under tools, options, expert advisors.

Thank you. I have everything correct.
All we had was not the "currencynamesufix" my broker uses suffixes ..
Anyway, hopefully the next operation.
(Excuse my English).

Hi Calp

Check whether you have two metatrader instances running in your VPS, I did not get this issue

Regards
Kiran

NOt running under a VPS. But I do have 2 licences and I ran both licences on 2 separate computers. As soon as I shut down one of the computers, the problem was solved, I am now back to normal, your suggestion was correct. Thanks.

Yep, it's not looking good is it. Lets see how this pans out...

There have been 3 winners Monday for around 40 pips profit. These are the closed trades of course. Admit that the drawdown today has been around 12%-15% aprox on my $2k account trading 1 mini lot. The key is your comfort level, (ie) your lot size, capital and therefore your maximum risk level. It would be a worry of course if today's drawdown was 50% for you!

Last edited:
There have been 3 winners Monday for around 40 pips profit. These are the closed trades of course. Admit that the drawdown today has been around 12%-15% aprox on my $2k account trading 1 mini lot. The key is your comfort level, (ie) your lot size, capital and therefore your maximum risk level. It would be a worry of course if today's drawdown was 50% for you!

Yes, my drawdown wasn't so high due to my lot sizes, but imagine if the GBP/JPY had continued to move up. It would have been a full SL hit. I think the trader just got lucky. Makes you worry a bit about how this thing trades for the future doesn't it?

Remember those discrepancies in the obviously doctored historical results? Whats the bet they've edited out a few stray trades that didnt get as lucky as our trades today.

Now imagine trading 1 standard lot size on your $10k account like the instructions recommend. With 3 GBP/JPYs open for a total of 3 lots at -100 pips you have over a $3k drawdown...Probably wouldn't be sleeping that night.

Yes, my drawdown wasn't so high due to my lot sizes, but imagine if the GBP/JPY had continued to move up. It would have been a full SL hit. I think the trader just got lucky. Makes you worry a bit about how this thing trades for the future doesn't it?

Remember those discrepancies in the obviously doctored historical results? Whats the bet they've edited out a few stray trades that didnt get as lucky as our trades today.

Now imagine trading 1 standard lot size on your $10k account like the instructions recommend. With 3 GBP/JPYs open for a total of 3 lots at -100 pips you have over a $3k drawdown...Probably wouldn't be sleeping that night.

Agree, as long as we keep the risk as low as possible, we should be able to sustain a catastrophic event and continue to trade. Given the results so far, over 500 pips in 6 days, and provided there is NO catastrophic event happening, then I figured the ultimate goal could be achieved in 4 months with a bit of a clever lot size progression. Mind you, he has been able to steer clear of trades that went serioulsy south in the last 50 or so live trades, quite an achievement - try it on a demo and see how difficult it would be.

Yes, apparently 130 pips so far this week (though a couple of my other EAs have messed up, so I'm not looking so great in total).

Interestingly, he's hedged on GU at the moment. Looks like he's trying to scalp with a couple of quick sells, while ultimately looking for a large TP on a buy (I'm hoping he hasn't just forgotten about the open buy...40 pips in profit, I'm kinda hoping he just takes it off the table.

Yes, apparently 130 pips so far this week (though a couple of my other EAs have messed up, so I'm not looking so great in total).

Interestingly, he's hedged on GU at the moment. Looks like he's trying to scalp with a couple of quick sells, while ultimately looking for a large TP on a buy (I'm hoping he hasn't just forgotten about the open buy...40 pips in profit, I'm kinda hoping he just takes it off the table.

Yes, I noticed that situation, my theory is that as soon as the USD strengthens he will close the GU long trade and leave the other trades to go in the right direction as they are both long the USD.

Yes, I noticed that situation, my theory is that as soon as the USD strengthens he will close the GU long trade and leave the other trades to go in the right direction as they are both long the USD.

Closed it myself, couldn't help it :)
The EU is about to shoot out in one direction here any minute...I hope we're on the right side.

Back