New Forex Stuff Best EA for Gold Trading (another failed system)

I always get nervous when someone wants to collect an affiliate commission while also controlling my trading. A human account manager can churn an account for commissions. An EA can be programmed to do the same.

If you really have confidence in your EA, set yourself up as an account manager instead of as an IB. Sign an LPOA granting you a reasonable percentage of profits based on the high water mark. Quite a few brokers can handle such an arrangement.

I always get nervous when someone wants to collect an affiliate commission while also controlling my trading. A human account manager can churn an account for commissions. An EA can be programmed to do the same.

If you really have confidence in your EA, set yourself up as an account manager instead of as an IB. Sign an LPOA granting you a reasonable percentage of profits based on the high water mark. Quite a few brokers can handle such an arrangement.
what you write is quite incorrect. I invested a lot of knowledge and effort. There are no ulterior motives. If you're a dude buy this EA

What I write is fully correct. The only question is how much of it applies in this case.

There is zero question that as an IB, you will make money whenever your EA trades for a client, whether or not that trade makes a profit. Maybe you can set the EA to churn, maybe you can't, but you'll continue to make money as long as the EA places trades (and even after if the client stops the EA, but keeps trading in the account).

I have seen too many cases of those with ulterior motives to take someone's word for it. Honest people and dishonest people all say "Trust me." I say "Remove all motivation for potential dishonesty and I'll think about it."

If your EA performs well, you would make more money as an account manager using an LPOA with the broker and client. You could also easily adjust your cut of the profit upward for new clients as word of your great success spreads.

The problem with MyFxBook is that you can hide anything (or even all the data) at any time. Get yourself a website and you can sign up for Performance Testing at the FPA. Just be aware that the only things you can hide there are open and pending trades. Everything else is displayed, and there's not a "Make it private" button to hide bad results later.

In less than 2 months, you've already had one 45.6% drawdown and 2 other drawdowns over 24%. Your 3 worst trades lost 5.52%, 6.40%, and 7.49%. Yes, you've hit a few homeruns and had some very successful trades, but statistically, with these numbers you don't need a super high number of bad trades in a short time to pust the account much deeper into drawdown. Based on this, I'd want to see a much longer trading history before even thinking about letting your EA near any of my funds.

What I write is fully correct. The only question is how much of it applies in this case.

There is zero question that as an IB, you will make money whenever your EA trades for a client, whether or not that trade makes a profit. Maybe you can set the EA to churn, maybe you can't, but you'll continue to make money as long as the EA places trades (and even after if the client stops the EA, but keeps trading in the account).

I have seen too many cases of those with ulterior motives to take someone's word for it. Honest people and dishonest people all say "Trust me." I say "Remove all motivation for potential dishonesty and I'll think about it."

If your EA performs well, you would make more money as an account manager using an LPOA with the broker and client. You could also easily adjust your cut of the profit upward for new clients as word of your great success spreads.

The problem with MyFxBook is that you can hide anything (or even all the data) at any time. Get yourself a website and you can sign up for Performance Testing at the FPA. Just be aware that the only things you can hide there are open and pending trades. Everything else is displayed, and there's not a "Make it private" button to hide bad results later.

In less than 2 months, you've already had one 45.6% drawdown and 2 other drawdowns over 24%. Your 3 worst trades lost 5.52%, 6.40%, and 7.49%. Yes, you've hit a few homeruns and had some very successful trades, but statistically, with these numbers you don't need a super high number of bad trades in a short time to pust the account much deeper into drawdown. Based on this, I'd want to see a much longer trading history before even thinking about letting your EA near any of my funds.
Thanks for the effort to explain. The problem is that you think negatively. I have no hidden intentions, but I think this is the most honest way to cooperate. The moment someone doesn't like it, close the account and that's it

By the time someone realizes they don't like it, price could be slamming hard against them. Those oversized risks you take give more profit, but they also come with far greater risk.

People who don't understand risk would call this cautionary message negative thinking. People who do understand risk would call this keeping their money safe. I think you really should read up on risk managment.

Technically, trading gold isn't exactly the same as trading forex. Instead, it's even more volatile, thus increasing the risk.

I plan to keep checking your result. I'm waiting to see which comes first - You applying better risk management or the account taking a 75+% drawdown.

I'm sorry that not everyone understood the strategy I use and I thought it would be clear to everyone without reading books, using only logic and intelligence. Since it's obviously not like that, let me simplify a little more.
I doubled my stake in a week, meaning 100% profit and I withdrew it. After two weeks, the earnings were already 300%, so I was able to raise another 200%. Which means that I raised 100+200=300% of the initial stake so far. I still have about 300% of the initial deposit on my account, with which I still trade. All in all, the risk on this account is less than zero percent, which is not in the books. I believe that my strategy and risk management are now clearer to everyone.

Pulling out your initial deposot (about $10 in your cent account) as soon as possible and some more profits ($30 so far) is wise when trading high risk. Unfortunately, you can't retroactively apply this to new clients. If they join just before a deep drawdown, logic and intelligence says they could lose a significant part of their initial investment before getting an opportinity to make a withdrawal.

Of course, what no one but you knows is how exactly how many accounts you opened with $10 before putting one on display. I do see a pair of recent ones that ended badly.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/flok/vranjevcan/10055358

ran from March 7 to April 18th and ended 98% down. Before that, it only made it up 6.95% before spiralling downward towards doom.

And an earlier one is:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/flok/experteurchf/9961901

ran from January 22 to March 9. It started well, but ended 99.0% down. You did reach 118.29% before it crashed. I guess your logic and intelligence had a higher targer in mind for pulling out the intiial deposit. Too bad that you didn't grab that initial deposit back before a quick string of bad trades took the account down to -87.23%, followed by grinding the balance all the way down into a smoking crater of -99.9% failed risk management.

What scares me about this is that I see some very small deposits scattered among the trades you were making. I get the feeling that you were probably collecting IB commissions as the EA wiped out your clients.

So, although your current account is doing impressively well (for now), your known track record does not inspire confidence that you have learned much more about risk management than withdraw profits early and often.

Since you are opening small accounts, this leaves the question of whether or not there were other accounts either removed from MyFxBook or else never connected to MyFxBook. Did you have earlier accounts on MyFxBook? If so, why did you stop sharing the results?

So, although you are doing well at the moment, any client joining will pay you IB fees even if your current MyFxBook account crashes and burns a few days later. Based on 2 of 3 known accounts crashing as well as 3 very significant drawdowns (one over 45%) in the current account, I personally recommend that no one sign up until this current EA shows what it can do over a significantly longer period of time.

Remember, logic and intelligence says that the return ON your money is important, but that the return OF your money is far more important. Simple math says that if you hit a 50% drawdown, you will need a 100% gain afterwards to get back to where you were. If you hit a 90% drawdown, you will need a 1000% gain just to get back to pre-drawdown levels.

On the other hand, if you can restrain your bot's enthusiasm by using smaller lot sizes and a tighter hard stoploss (You are using a hard stop, right?), this will cut back some on the profits, but will go a long way towards trimming back those drawdowns. Add in a way for traders to pay without rewarding you for bad trades and run it for 6+ months to prove its stabililty and you might end up creating a decent product to promote.

Back