Best Time of the Day to Trade

For those who hold day jobs making it impossible or difficult to trade all day:

BORN TO TRADE, FORCED TO WORK!

The best time of the day to trade is when the American and London market overlaps so that there is increased market movement which can help me make pips.

Most of my losses are due to improper time of trading.

I try to stick with European and US overlap sessions but my hand likes to click anything that signals entry.

Sigh

The best time of the day to trade for me is always the overlap session of the London and the American market.

The best time of the day to trade for me is always the overlap session of the London and the American market.

I think you are a scalper as that time is good for scalping. I also don't like entering any position after the close of London market as the trading volume becomes very low.

all times in 24 hour format (no am/pm bullsh1t)

Asian session: 7.00 - 10.00+ for JPY crosses (Tokyo time)

European session: 7.00 - 11.00 (London time) (and 12.00 - 16.30 as it overlaps the North American session and London fix at 15.00 GMT/16.00 BST)

North American session: 7.00 - 11.30 (10.00 NY cut)

THere is no particular time to trade i guess.Best is to trade whenever you have time and feel that this is the time to enter the market.If we think too much then we wont achieve anything.

i could not disagree more. jim.max, think about liquidity. at certain times, the liquidity you need is there, and at others, it isn't. so obviously, the best times to trade is when the liquidity you need is available now... i wonder.. what would those times be?

THere is no particular time to trade i guess.Best is to trade whenever you have time and feel that this is the time to enter the market.If we think too much then we wont achieve anything.

When I find the market lacks liquidity, I just go over to the liquor cabinet and pour myself a big glassful of liquidity. ;)

Other than around news and market open/close, one can usually get reasonable entries with pending orders - unless you are one of those people placing really large trades.

Back