Comprehensive News Trading, The Only Way Forward

THE GREAT COUNTDOWN BEGINS: " 7 LIVE TRADES" WITH "6 WINS"

CAD CORE CPI M/M AND CORE RETAIL SALES REPORT IN LESS THAN 50 MINUTES:

These are surely the last major economic reports before the holidays.

I shall analyze them together and post my LIVE TRADE as usual.

**** The countless number of money saving " NO TRADES" are handy and equally
healthy for our trading accounts.
For Your Forex Trading Breakthrough? Yes, You Can, and at NO COST at all.

Click this link to visit my Blog: comprehensivenewstrading

CAD CORE CPI AND CORE RETAIL SALES REPORT:

LIVE TRADE : VERDICT : A NO TRADE FOR ME : 23% CHANCE

Click this link to visit my Blog comprehensivenewstrading

ANOTHER WEEK HAS COME AND GONE WITH LITTLE TO TALK ABOUT:

The week has come to an end and very little to talk about.

I shall give my week in review analysis tomorrow.

I wish everyone a happy weekend.

THE WEEK IN REVIEW: 15TH TO 19TH DECEMBER,2014:

The past week witnessed low volatility, mainly due to the level

of "surprises" generated by economic data released. I had about 15

NO TRADE CALLS and my consolation is that they were rightly

made and I did not suffer any loss. It is still a win, win situation

for me. It is the ability to preserve what you have that counts most

in forex trading.

Watch out for my: ADVANCE FOREX EDUCATION SERIES PART FOUR:

Do not waste this holiday period, utilize it to know more about forex.

Happy reading in advance.

ADVANCE FOREX EDUCATION: PART FOUR
IT IS BETTER TO MISS A GOOD TRADE THAN TO TRADE A BAD ONE:

One of the many factors responsible for the draw down in our accounts is the attitude of so many of us, forex traders, not wanting to miss out on any trade. Some traders even prepare a "balance sheet" in advance, on their trading accounts. They detail out how they intend to grow such accounts over some weeks, months or even some years as the case may be. They do not stop there, as they go on to indicate the exact percentage (%) profit on weekly, monthly or yearly basis which they expect to make over the period. Forex trading is not your farm where you can go to at the time of harvest, when it is time to do so. Including a "balance sheet" as part of your trade plan is very wrong. This is capable of creating undue tension in your psyche and you therefore become quite emotional, if not desperate to meet your target. I always warn forex traders against the idea of making budget before making the money to execute it. You must work hard first to make the money before making the budget on how to spend the money.

Forex trading is extremely speculative and you cannot sit in the comfort of your home or office and predict how much you are likely to make within a given period of time. Only forex scammers can promise you "heavens on earth" in order to dupe you of the little you have. If you box yourself into this “forex corner”, only God will help you, because you will become so desperate and gullible, thereby taking each and every trade you see as a potential access to reach your goals and you will be driven into making wrong decisions and taking bad steps, thereby culminating in taking bad trades.

You must be able to adopt a strategy and hold on to it at all times. If you subject it to periodic changes, it is not yet a strategy, it is still a prototype, a developing material for experimentation. Once it is adopted as a confirmed strategy, do not make changes to it.
If my trading strategy indicates a “ No Trade” it is a no trade for me, no matter what views others may hold about such a trade and I do not bother about the outcome or the price action afterwards. There is no time during the trading week when there will be no price actions or currency movements.This brings me to the topic for discussion:

IT IS BETTER TO MISS A GOOD TRADE THAN TO TRADE A BAD ONE:

It does not cost us anything at all to miss a good trade, because our accounts will not experience any debit of any kind, not even a commission to the broker will be charged for not trading. But in your desperation to have as many trades as possible, in order to meet up with your budget expectations, you end up taking unnecessary trades and having a lot of bad ones to increase the avoidable deficit in your account.

Do not get your fingers burnt, due to your insensitivity to the risks and the speculative nature, of forex trading. If you miss a good trade, that does not make you a bad trader, in fact, it strengthens our resolve and determination to do better in due course. We must strive for perfection, although no one is perfect. Our attempt to attain perfection can be rewarded with excellence. As a perfectionist myself, I have no apology to give anybody for being one and above all, I am an incurable optimist, I always see the glass as half full, not as half empty, the way pessimists view it.

In addition, do not compromise any standards you have set for yourself. Stick to your plans, unless it is absolutely necessary to alter it, you must do so with cogent and verifiable reasons which you must document for record purposes and for confidence building too. You must believe in yourself before you expect others to believe in you. Let your confidence soar high and with your conviction, you can do the unimaginable. The forex market will always be there, no need for the rush to do the wrong things at the right time. Patience is a virtue and if you can explore and further exploit it, to the fullest, you will develop a good strategy that will be second to none. If any trade you take fails, a lot of known and unknown factors could be responsible, which I had discussed in the previous parts of Advance Forex Education. Do not allow anybody to suggest that a kind of "Support or Resistance Levels" could be responsible.

My intensive and very extensive research for five years have taken care of that. They are simply hypothesis and they are not useful. I delved into all those stuffs during my research work and much more. There is nothing anybody can tell me about forex that will be strange to me.
I deliberately used LIVE ACCOUNTS for my research work for the sake of confidence building because a Demo is always a Demo, not as viable as a live trading environment. This is the reason why forex brokers will rush new traders to demo-trade for a few days to declare them ready to trade away their hard earned money. Some will even say: Master the forex markets in 60 minutes,or even seconds, what an irony of life. A calculated attempt to mislead and misinform the public.

MISSING A GOOD TRADE IS NOT A FAILURE AT ALL:

If we all agree that it is better to miss a good trade than to trade a bad one, then, what do we say, if we missed 40 bad trades and had only one good trade in a month? Did I hear you say bad? of course not. It is excellent, fantastic, wonderful, fabulous and great. Look for more adjectives, to describe the outcome and whatever good adjective you use, is correct. That is so, because, your success in forex trading is not only measured by the number of good trades you are able to place alone, but by the number of bad trades you are able to avoid. If all forex traders can miss 99% of bad trades and trade 75% of good trades, there would be no forex brokers and liquidity providers to carry the burden and the risks of their capital outlay.

Trading the news is beyond looking for a comfortable deviation or surprise, as my numerous “NO TRADE CALLS” have once again proven, that deviation and element of surprise alone, cannot successfully trade the markets. Do not plan to trade badly by shifting your focus from the strategy you have to the need to trade at all times.

I always position myself to see if there is an opportunity in any report I want to consider for trading. I do not wish it comes to be a good trade, I only wish I hold on to my strategy at all costs, without shifting attention from that. If it is a tradable report, fine and good but if not, fine and good. Good and bad trades will always come and go and the rate of your success depends on the side of the trade you lean on. Each time I have a NO TRADE call, I feel a sense of relief, because, these were the same bad trades that nearly ruined my chance to do a research work on forex trading. I always reflect on how we used to lose in the LIVE TRADE ROOM I subscribed to way back in 2007. If there was some level of guarantee that we could make at least 50 pips a month, I would not have left the LIVE TRADE ROOM. The monthly subscription was $300, and if I could trade a standard lot to make $500 a month from 50 pips, I would not have quit the LIVE TRADE ROOM. But it was absolutely difficult to make money there in the LIVE TRADE ROOM because the moderators did their best but their best was not good enough for me, so I left. They over relied on deviation or the element of surprise. For instance, when the US Non Farm Payrolls report has a deviation of 70k and above, we must trade to "make money". Most of the times, no so.I can now see clearly why they were not able to trade well, because they were doing the wrong things at the right time and sometimes, doing the wrong things at the wrong time. Having a deviation of 1.2% on US GDP, does not mean you can make money trading that report, it goes beyond that. A deviation of 0.8% on UK GDP can fail woefully if all factors are not in place and this is the reason, I am a strong advocate of : COMPREHENSIVE NEWS TRADING, THE ONLY WAY FORWARD, which embraces all the components of news trading.

Even, until recently, most of these bad trades made me to lose a substantial amount of money to many forex brokers. I would be very grateful, if a lot of you could avoid the pitfalls I emerged from, due principally, to my resilience in anything I do, because:

I DO NOT ADMIT FAILURE UNTIL I HAVE MADE MY LAST ATTEMPT AND I DO NOT MAKE MY LAST ATTEMPT UNTIL I HAVE SUCCEEDED. This is the “corner stone” of my resilience.

I want you to adopt this same attitude and remain focused. It is quite better to miss a good trade than to trade a bad one and I want to expand it further:

It is even healthier to miss some good trades than to trade some bad ones. STAY FOCUSED.

CALENDAR OF EVENTS FOR MONDAY AND TUESDAY DECEMBER, 22ND & 23RD 2014:

MONDAY:

4.00 PM USD Existing Home Sales m/m

TUESDAY:

10.30 AM GBP Final GDP q/q and Current Account

2.30 PM CAD GDP m/m

2.30 PM USD Final GDP q/q and Core Durable Goods Orders m/m

4.00 PM USD New Home Sales m/m and Core PCE m/m

ADVANCE FOREX EDUCATION: PART FIVE: EXTERNAL FACTORS CAN RUIN YOUR STRATEGY:
You must be conscious of your environment and the things that can likely distract you during trading time. The human factor is the most challenging of all the problems associated with forex trading. Make sure that those who have nothing to do with your trading strategy are not around you when you are trading. You will be shocked when somebody you are even trying to teach about forex trading and your strategy, will be telling you what to do, when to close the trade or when to take profit. Do not allow anyone to put you under any pressure, no matter how close you are to each other.

FOREX BROKERS CAN KILL YOUR AMBITION:

Choosing the right forex broker is as important as developing your strategy. Studies have shown that no matter how good your strategy is, a bad forex broker could ruin you and the strategy. Before you appreciate your strategy and its viability, you must have a good forex broker with the right trading platform to test run it. Whatever the strategy is, using a bad forex broker, will jeopardize your chance of a successful test run. Check the forex broker reviews on the forex peace army website and consider what those who had used them have to say.
You will then be in a position to choose a good one for yourself. Do not allow sentiment to form the basis of your choice, otherwise, you will make a mistake in your choice. Do not say because the forex platform is compatible with your smart phone or PC, that it is a good forex broker. It goes beyond those kinds of sentiments. I can confidently say the forexpeacearmy website is the best in the whole world when it comes to providing free and qualitative forex services. You will find the forex broker reviews very educative and inspiring.

THE CALENDAR OF EVENTS CAN AFFECT YOUR STRATEGY:

What essentially drive market prices is the element of surprise and other factors and to position yourself for a good report is to make sure you use a calendar of events that is accurate and straight to the point. This is where CASHBACKFOREX calendar of events comes in handy. It is not only accurate, it has been proven to be the best in the world, in terms of the expectations and revisions. For a successful news trading business, you need to know the exact market expectations or consensus figures, to be able to assess the level of impact likely to be generated by the released economic report. My greatest surprise was when I subscribed to a News Wire Service, I discovered that the figures as contained in CASHBACKFOREX calendar of economic events are exactly the figures the News Wires Services are using and it is what the markets generally react to. So, having a good calendar of events that is accurate and precise, is as important as your strategy itself, because doing the wrong thing can "finish" your hard labour in a few seconds.

Imagine a situation where the market expectation of the US GDP is different from one calendar to the other, what do you do? Do you abandon your trading strategy? You must full back on the most accurate and base your trading decisions on that, which is always correct and straight forward.

THE CURRENCY PAIRS YOU SELECT FOR TRADING CAN FAIL YOU:

Have you thought of the currency pairs you select for trading? Using the default currency pairs, does not guarantee you a good trade. So many factors can affect them, revisions and the mood of the market is one of such factors. I have dealt with most of these things in the previous parts of advance forex education.

Trading the UK GDP for example, does not necessarily mean the cable, GBPUSD, will be the most appropriate currency pair to use for the trade. Just the same way, the USDJPY may not guarantee a good trade on Japanese reports. These are the factors that make forex trading so challenging and rigorous. But when you are able to master all the techniques, trading becomes quite pleasurable.

YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP)CAN MAKE TRADING A NIGHTMARE
The internet service provider cam make trading very stressful and frustrating, especially in developing economies as mine. I have used all the available internet service providers in my country in an attempt to find a "safe haven" all to no avail. The two I am currently managing are presumably the best in the country and their services still fluctuate. At times, I had to close my trading platform to in order to be able to post my live trades, because, to open three pages at a time is like forcing a horse to drink water. Make sure your internet connection is quite okay, because it can determine the way your order is executed and how fast.

THE HUMAN ANGLE IS ALSO A FACTOR TO WATCH OUT FOR:

One thing you should avoid at all cost, is by allowing a second opinion to judge the way you trade or apply your strategy.
Some time last year, that is 2013, I was showing my personal assistant and one other staff, what a real forex trading environment looks like, the live trading platform and the lot size, with the position I was holding, when suddenly they were “shouting” close the trade now and take profit, and this was because the price action was coming against me. They do not understand what forex trading is all about. Price action in forex trading is not a one-way traffic that you can just follow. There must be consolidations, pullbacks and retracements. If you are not careful, your attention will be shifted to other things in focus at the moment, because you have lost your own focus. It is advisable to shut out every member of your household, especially those who are likely to disturb or influence your trading decisions.

HUMAN FACTORS CAN BE AN ADVANTAGE TO DRIVE A PROCESS:

The same human factor that may distract you during trading can be useful in driving the process of taking advantage of the outcome of your strategy. Whether the aim is for personal or public use.
Whether the service you render is free or not, you need human factor to drive the process. Just learn from these two case scenarios:

I joined the forexpeacearmy forum in November, 2007 and went away later for "SABBATICAL" some time in 2008, to enable me carry out my research work on forex trading. I received several emails from the administrator to come back to the forum prior to my rejoining the forum in October, 23rd of 2014. In spite of the fact that they , forexpeacearmy render free forex services, they recognize the fact that they still need human factor to drive the entire process. They know whatever little contributions I give will impact on some people positively.

The same scenario played itself out, when the board and management of CASHBACKFOREX decided to merge or fuse FOREXRAZOR into CASHBACKFOREX, all the forum threads created after September, 2014, were "lost" so to say in their data base, and mine happens to fall into this category, because it was created in October, 24th or so, but to my greatest surprise, their site administrator/ manager, one Mr Denis sent me an email, telling me about the merger and the problems they were encountering in restoring my forum thread and probably some others. He went further to appeal to me for patience because the problem would take about three days to fix. He went further again to suggest the transfer of my thread to the General Trading Discussion and wanted to know if I would still like to continue my posts. I was shocked when he sent me an email the following day, intimating me of the readiness of my forum thread instead of waiting for three days and to wish me more viewership. I was not too surprised though because, whatever the service you render, there are a few people who know you need the human factor to drive the process. Of all the paid charting services I have seen and used in the past, they are not up to 10% of the quality and material content available in the free ones provided by CASHBACKFOREX, especially the economic data impact analyzer. It is a revolutionary tool for forex traders and I am quite happy I told the site manager how I benefited from its use in the later stage of my research work. These are some of the ways external factors can be useful.
Do not seek any opinions about your strategy, unless you are test running it. Nobody will understand your strategy more than yourself and so, be wary of any interference. Let me share this with you also:
I decided to introduce my children, four of them to forex trading just last week,including my daughter inlaw and son inlaw, precisely on Sunday 14th December, 2014. I made sure my posts were sent to them through emails so that they could trade my live trade calls on demo platforms, as a way of mastering the act of placing orders. Same to my wife. Although three of them are in the medical profession, only my second daughter is in mass communication, I told them to learn forex trading in order to acquire financial freedoms. But my instinct is telling me that my son inlaw, who is business inclined and my daughter inlaw, who is a lawyer, are better placed to master the strategy than the rest. The life in Florida, US will affect my second daughter's learning process if care is not taken. They can afford to invest and live in any country of their choice. But is there any guarantee that children will see the same points as their parents do? They appeared excited until yesterday, Friday 19th December, 2014, when my youngest daughter asked: When are we going to trade? Is this how to make money in forex? She said further that for a whole week now, all she received was "NO TRADE" calls. She started laughing, and to my greatest surprise, her mother joined her. My answer was that there could be a whole month without any chance to trade, so as to prepare her mindset for further "NO TRADE" calls. I told her it was not my decisions to make, whether to have a tradable report or not, and that I cannot tell the US government how many jobs to create in a month or tell the EU to introduce QE program or the Canadian government to reduce their inflation forecasts, so that I can trade. Forex news trading is an attempt to take advantage of any situation in an economy, whether good or bad. But I was able to let her know that if she can spend 10% of the time she spends in getting to work every day, in learning forex trading, she will not be taking home the meager salary she earns, when she used about twelve hours for work on daily basis. You only need a few minutes to set up your platform each time you have a report to monitor and possibly trade. It is only forex trading that can offer you that flexibility. Although I have not heard from the rest children, I know that she could be speaking their minds. As newbies, they will be wondering how to make money trading forex. But aren't they lucky? I only want them to follow my trade calls, that is all , not to rack their brains to evolve any trading strategy at all. They are not aware that only 2% of forex traders are now successful. If I am not experienced enough, this is capable of affecting my composure and calm, looking for a good trading opportunity. I could have rushed to find one trade either good or bad to "pacify" her. Do not allow external factors to ruin your strategy. If you are being taunted and laughed at by those close to you because you have been carrying you PC about without anything to show for it yet, don't be distracted. It is the end that justifies the means. I shall dedicate this strategy to my grand daughter, whose name is: Ilenbilu =meaning, "I know what I am doing". The name will become more relevant when the outcome of my five years of research is adjudged not to be a waste of time. My family did not even believe that I was doing something meaningful. And some friends wished I failed in my research. But I have passed the first stage, which is the successful conclusion of the research. I wish everyone a successful forex experience.

Beware of external factors if you want to succeed in forex trading. I am offering equal opportunities to everyone to understudy this strategy and find out if it will be beneficial at the end of the day.
My children do not know I feel for them because I am not an advocate of working for anybody to earn livelihood. "It is suffering and smiling". I made that decision when I was only seventeen years old and since then, I have never worked for anybody. I like challenges and I take risks a lot and that is why forex trading is my “LAST BUS STOP” . It is difficult to make much impact in life when you are tied to the apron strings of others. I know many people share the same opinion with my daughter. Forex trading is not a place for quick money making, otherwise, you get your fingers burnt. Learning should be a continuous process. And forex trading is good for those who are not in a hurry to make money.

US EXISTING HOME SALES TOMORROW @ 4.00 PM

For a very long time now, this report has not done much
because housing sector in the US is not what it used to be
and the number of existing homes purchased monthly has
consistently dwindled.

Whatever happens, lets consider tomorrow's report on its
merit.
I shall consider it and give my analysis followed by
LIVE TRADE

ADVANCE FOREX EDUCATION: PART SIX: GOOD TRADES ARE LESS THAN 10% OF BAD TRADES:

Have you ever wondered why 98% of forex traders are losers? One of the reasons is that forex business is so designed in such a way that no matter the method or strategy you deploy to trade, there are certain “obstacles” you must encounter along the way. If you are a follower of technical analysis, your predicaments will be much more, because, when you are experimenting with the numerous technical indicators available, it would appear you have gotten the secrets of forex trading at your finger tips. It is when you now deploy such technical analysis to trading real time, that you will be shocked at its shortcomings. Your mindset will now shift to more advanced technical indicators, to be able to, either predict price action or a trend or a reversal trend etc. But you will quickly forget so soon the fact that, others before you had used the same advanced technical analysis and still formed buck of the losing lot.

Fundamental analysis is on the same pedestal, in the sense that others before us have used the same methods that we are now using, should tell us something, and that is, we are still going to face the same challenges those before us faced, that is, in spite of the “effectiveness” of fundamentals to dictate the “price action”, a lot of them could not break even. But the rate of fundamental analysis to predict price action correctly is 90% as against that of technical analysis which is less than 10%. The difference is that, predicting price action does not indicate the sustainability of such price action. Knowing the direction of the currency market alone is not an indication of a good trade all the time, because, the swift movement in that direction could have a swift reversal of price action in the opposite direction.

Nothing is guaranteed as far as forex trading is concerned, it is purely and irrevocably speculative in nature. If the so called signal providers, who claim to make 1000 pips in a month, (some even claim to make such in a week), are sincere, why should the number of forex traders on the losing side be so much? My years of research showed me clearly that such people cannot even trade their live accounts successfully. They look for easy means of earning revenue by scamming unsuspecting forex new guys. Some will even print fake records of their “live trading accounts” to convince you, all is a lie, cleverly scripted to deceive you.
Rogues are quite clever and they are always steps ahead of their victims. Some will say, you will pay $1 per pip, which pip? They will dish out some signals based on guess work, because they are aware there must be price action and they could be lucky at times to meet part of the price action. What stops them from trading their accounts to make money, instead of waiting for your subscriptions to feed and take care of their families? Because of my knowledge, conviction and confidence, I trade my live accounts and there is no need to sell anything to anybody for whatever reasons.

Since forex trading is designed in such a way to have as many as 95% of bad trades, the onus is on us to strategize in order to be able to identify most of the bad trades and avoid them, so as to capitalize on the few good ones available. This is the only way forex trading can be lucrative.

Lets us assume you have a $1000 account and a leverage of 500 : 1. It means you can confidently trade one standard lot. If in each lot you trade you are risking a 10 pip-stop loss, it means, each trade you lose, it is minus $100. But each trade you win is plus $100 assuming too you get only 10 pips profit. The only way you can blow up this account is by losing seven trades in a roll which will leave you with a balance of $300 in your account. With the $300 balance in your account, you can still trade a standard lot in several currency pairs. If there is a change in situation and instead of having seven losing trades in a roll, and you have just one good trade in a month with 50 pips, that translates into a win of $500. Even if you had lost $700 in seven bad trades, with just one good trade, your account will be revived back to life with $800 balance. Can you imagine a situation where you control your destiny by being meticulous on the strategy you use in trading?
If you have three good trades and a bad one in a month, what will happen to the size of your account? Your guess is as good as mine.

The way you handle your strategy will determine how you grow your account or otherwise. Since good trades are less than 10% of bad ones, you can effectively change that to: "The number of BAD trades is less than 10% of GOOD ones in my trading account". If you can do this, I can imagine the rate at which your trading account will grow. There is nowhere in the world today where you can enjoy up to 5% interest on your deposit annually, except of course some third world countries with little or no guarantee of payment at maturity. Do not let anyone deceive you about joining the forex community to make quick money. Whose money do you want to take? The forex brokers’? You are joking. They have numerous staff who are paid to post technical analysis to confuse you, like this: "that since GBPUSD has reached a certain level, the trend will continue". This is done to make you jump in with your order and before you know it, your stop loss is triggered.

They know that the number of good trades is less than 10 % of bad ones. If care is not taken, very soon, the number of forex brokers will be more than forex traders, not a joke. You need to see the rate of proliferation of forex brokers, especially, the Dealing-Desk ones, it is simply frightening. Before any of your trade, do not forget this: GOOD TRADES ARE LESS THAN 10% OF BAD ONES.

Click this link to visit my Blog:

US EXISTING HOME SALES REPORT:

LIVE TRADE : VERDICT: A NON EVENT

Click this link to visit my Blog:
comprehensivenewstrading

Back