Demo trading for 6 months

Demo trading can only be the biggest asset for any successful trader so those anyone who wishes to become successful in future may not ignore the importance of demo trading and demo account should be traded for at least 6 months before jumping to live trading account.

Demo trading has good advantages as it is a practicing place for your trades. You can implement your learnings on the demo account in order to make your strategy more sound and accurate. Moreover, it also gives you confidence at the time of enterance on the live market. You need to spend atleast 4 months on demo account.

It doesn't matter that for how long you have been trading on demo account, what matters is consistency in your performance, if your results are not consistent, there is no point of saying that i am trading on demo account for 6 months, and now i am ready for live account.

Yes after 6 months trader can go to real trading he now needs to open live account to see market in live trading. He has now learnt many things from demo trading. It is the time to judge how much successful trading he is doing. Real trading seems difficult so more care is required not do trading in hurry because there is no short cut of success.

You can't get rid of demo in your whole life if you are a trader.
Absolutely true! As in your whole life you cannot stick with the same strategy you have to change that from time to time, and demo is like a laboratory where you would like to test your every strategy before implementing it on the live account.

Changing strategies can do a bad trick for you because you have to dig deeper at something particular to get a market edge. Many traders switch between strategy trying to find a holy grail, its really bad approach

In my opinion, a new strategy should not be implemented before the trader has tested it extensively, both in real time and through backtesting.

What if you tested a strategy about 3 months in demo account and it failed on 1st live trade ? Would you go back in demo? The real testing is in real market and we have to see how much profit trades we get.

I am sorry but to gain something, you need to give something in return. Six months is not a fixed duration but it takes about that much time. Don't take six months as a whole. Take it as day by day. Trust me, you will be glad if you made this decision.

Back