difference between buy price and current price

LandCurator

Recruit
I recently noticed that when I open, let say buy order, the green dotted line appears much higher above the current price (27 pips).
Is it something that broker changes or Metatrader has some settings that I touched and changed without knowing what it was?
It happened that I opened another order with another broker right at the same time to test this problem and there the difference was negligible.
I also attached the screen shot to show what I mean. It was EURGBP pair. Accounts are demo in both cases..
Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 20.32.53.png

Leonid

Right-click on your chart.
Select properties.
Select the Common tab.
Put a check in the Show Ask Line box.
Click OK.

This will allow you to see the spread at all times. 27 pips is rather high unless there was a news event or the markets were opening/closing for the week.

Thank you.
Maybe you will be able to comment the fact that 27-pips spread was with AVATrade and very small one with Alpari.
Some review boards tell that AVATrade is market maker (in a bad way).

Right-click on your chart.
Select properties.
Select the Common tab.
Put a check in the Show Ask Line box.
Click OK.

This will allow you to see the spread at all times. 27 pips is rather high unless there was a news event or the markets were opening/closing for the week.

or it was 2.7 actually .
;)

Prices are in the attached image. But I think Corporal was right here. It looks like it was 2.7 pips.
Here is a beginner for you guys. ;-)
So, what crosshair marker shows, difference in 5 digits or difference in pips.
Leonid

It's a common mistake. Almost all the educational information about pips assumes 4 digit pricing, but the majority of brokers have gone to 5 digit.

Back