• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem EXECUTION ALWAYS WORSE THAN POSTED SPREAD W/ THIS BROKER

I am having an issue with a company

andre777

Recruit
Hello,

the following is on the MT5 platform. The broker consistently executes my trades at a price that is worse than the market price at the moment if it's a market order and will not execute a Limit Order until the price has traded though not just to the limit price. For example, if it's a Sell Order at 1.09056 and the bid/ ask is 1.09056/1.09058 (0.2 pip spread), the limit order in the price box will go yellow (not green or red as it does when approaching tp or sl) when the bid reaches 1.09056 but the trade will not get executed by the broker until the price reaches 1.09058 or higher, effectively making the spread bigger. The same thing happens upon closing the trade.

With a market order, as the pictures show, it is the same behavior. One picture shows the ticks downloaded from this same broker at the time - highlighted in blue. The lowest tick at the time of my entry shows 1.08963 but my sell order was executed at 1.08959 as seen in the other picture, so a difference of 0.4 pips and the exit was the same. I have countless examples of this. What's going on here? Am I missing something?

Attachments

• TICKSEURUSD1.png
    TICKSEURUSD1.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 27
  • EXCECUTION1.png
    EXCECUTION1.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 27
Hello,

the following is on the MT5 platform. The broker consistently executes my trades at a price that is worse than the market price at the moment if it's a market order and will not execute a Limit Order until the price has traded though not just to the limit price. For example, if it's a Sell Order at 1.09056 and the bid/ ask is 1.09056/1.09058 (0.2 pip spread), the limit order in the price box will go yellow (not green or red as it does when approaching tp or sl) when the bid reaches 1.09056 but the trade will not get executed by the broker until the price reaches 1.09058 or higher, effectively making the spread bigger. The same thing happens upon closing the trade.

With a market order, as the pictures show, it is the same behavior. One picture shows the ticks downloaded from this same broker at the time - highlighted in blue. The lowest tick at the time of my entry shows 1.08963 but my sell order was executed at 1.08959 as seen in the other picture, so a difference of 0.4 pips and the exit was the same. I have countless examples of this. What's going on here? Am I missing something?
Did you talk with broker about this yet?

I did and am waiting to hear back from them. They said it would take 24 hours but it's the third day and I have not heard back yet.

Send them a reminder and keep us updated.
Is there a way I can invite them here to explain what is happening? I think it might be the fair way of doing things. I have also noticed a number of recent reviews on Trustpilot mentioning the same issue

Yeah they used to have a good reputation but then I noticed this and at the same time I jut saw a bunch of recent reviews basically describing what I documented

Is there a way I can invite them here to explain what is happening? I think it might be the fair way of doing things. I have also noticed a number of recent reviews on Trustpilot mentioning the same issue
Copy the link of the thread and send them via live chat or email and ask them to join the thread.

Back