Difference in closing price between brokers

SeeMe123

Recruit
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm new to forex. I currently have two different demo accounts with two different brokers. I am currently looking at the EUR/USD pair on the 1 minute chat Obviously as it is saturday both brokers are closed but they are closed on different numbers.

One has closed on 1.33846 and the other 1.33948. What is the reason for this?

Also I am using MT4 and the market watch toolbar both show different times, one says 20:58:00 and the other 23:59:48.

Thanks for your help.

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm new to forex. I currently have two different demo accounts with two different brokers. I am currently looking at the EUR/USD pair on the 1 minute chat Obviously as it is saturday both brokers are closed but they are closed on different numbers.

Also I am using MT4 and the market watch toolbar both show different times, one says 20:58:00 and the other 23:59:48.

Thanks for your help.

1. It is possible that brokers have different rates on exactly the same time.

2. Each broker works on a specific time zone, which means that they "close" on a different time than other brokers. This has of course as a result that 100% there will be a different closing rate shown on the platforms when you compare different brokers over the weekend.

Officially, the forex market stays open until 5 PM in New York on Fridays. Some brokers cut off the price feed at 4 PM on Fridays.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend actively trading during that last hour, but I really wonder why some brokers don't let you close out trades, adjust stops, etc.

Thanks for your replies. It does seem strange that two brokers should show different prices, but I guess it doesn't really matter :S

Thanks

Alex

It is probably not that different when the market is open.

But I guess this is because of using different liquidity providers and some brokers filter the price feed...

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

The time differences issue is because each broker sets its own time scale, so you see different periods in each broker. It does not that important, you just have to adjust yourself to the new broker when you change brokers. Regarding the closing levels, that also has something to do with the broker's quotes providers. Some brokers show the after-market trading and some not. However, there should not be such a big different so you need to ask your broker about it.

Back