Do you only trade forex?

Rambo35

Corporal
There are different types of traders out there and some only trade one asset class while others trade two or more asset classes. I trade equities as I started out trading there and now I am also trading forex in addition to it and to me it complements my portfolio rather nice.

Do you guys trade anything other than forex? What do you think is a good combination of assets to trade?

Other than some stock indexes parked in a 401k that I haven't checked in a long time, I keep all my trading in forex.

That doesn't stop me from investing in gold and silver. I don't trade them, I collect them.

Buy and Hold stocks, but only based on fundamentals. Do have some bullion too. Messed around with CFDs for a bit but to no success. Forex it is!

Do you guys trade anything other than forex? What do you think is a good combination of assets to trade?

I'm only speaking for myself personally here, since everyone's situation is different, but I have 10% of my portfolio in forex, with 10% in cash, 10% bond ETFs/bond funds and 70% in stocks and stock ETFs/stock funds. The 10% in forex is what I trade most actively though. Most of my forex trades play out within a few days to a few weeks. Rarely does one of my forex positions stay open more than a month. By contrast most of my stock positions last several years, with the shortest ones staying open at least a few years. I can hold my stock positions longer term, because I don't use any leverage on my stock trades. On forex trades, I'm comfortable using up to 10:1 leverage, since I'm trading shorter term.

No, Forex is not only trading to me, but also a good tools to diversify my investments which are obviously also bonds, equities and commodities. The intraday trading, however, is only forex.

Yes I do only and only Forex trading and Forex is my life because I am earning money in Forex and it helps me a lot to earn money for my needs.

Other than some stock indexes parked in a 401k that I haven't checked in a long time, I keep all my trading in forex.

That doesn't stop me from investing in gold and silver. I don't trade them, I collect them.

So you buy physical gold and silver?

So you buy physical gold and silver?

Yes. It's the only way to be sure that it's real. There are a lot of paper contracts out there for gold and silver that may or may not have any real metal behind them. If everyone took delivery on commex gold and silver contracts, I doubt that there would be anywhere near enough bars to go around, and that's just a fraction of the paper market.

Back