• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Fapturbo

HI all,

I hope you are all well.

Well - Fapturbo, I had my doubts from the start with the big pitch on their web, but hey as a director of my own stockbroking firm (thats right LOL), I'd seen algorythmic trading in the equities market and I thought whats 200 bucks Aussie...Besides, I did buy it at 0240am after many many beers .... LOL (maybe my mistake).

Any way, the software didn't trade in the first week (which is ok if it adheres to it's plan, cause a plan is a plan). So I emailed their support guys for info on spreads and clarity on a deal that they'd offered through a particular broker (name withheld). I got no reply, just useless questions back at me on my questions. This caused alarms as just intentional time wasting.

So I thought this is a bit silly, I'll call them. For two nights I sat up and called them on 5 numbers provided (I'm on viop so INT calls cost 5c, I made about 50 calls) and got nothing but voice mail saying "please call back during business hours" (it was 1pm PST), sorry I can't take your call or leave a message and I'll get back to you, I left many messages no one has ever called me or emailed in response to my calls - trust me, they have no intention of helping anyone. The only correspondance you will get is a crappy waste your time response or an automated email regarding a new product.

I then proceeded to make posts of an angry nature within their forum, all were reviewed by a moderator and none were posted. (I'll add that, my posts were all poilte with no profanity etc, but viewed to obviously be at the detriment of Fapturbo and not allowed). I started to see the picture for what it is, a rip off, IMO.

Starting to feel annoyed I begain the refund process "through their 100% no questions asked money back guarentee" it's been 3 days and they don't respond to my emails and still I can not get through to their help desk.

It's actually really sad, as I read their manuel and also read up in the interim on automated trading platforms and got the thought that the functionality could work in the right market with the right product.

So in closing, I never saw a trade on fapturbo, they never answer their phones, they stall and waste time in their responses to your emails (which is shonk 101 IMO) and they manage the news flow within their member forum to a point that makes you think it's communist China, also IMO they take the veiw that the process of refund (small amount outlayed) isn't important and people will just "go away".

I assure you I won't just "go away" as investment advisor, I would be mortified to think that my clients ended up in this situation, so whether I was drunk or otherwise at the time of purchase so be it. I feel it my job to warn people of the experiance.

I've seen "donnaforex" chatting in here recently (I know she is fapturbo moderator" so to you donna, have your guys refund my money and I'll post it to the community that at least FAPturbo back up what they say, on the vendor/customer side of things at least.

As for the actual product, I'm sorry to all as it sat there and didn't do anything for a week - even though I watched it miss trade after trade in front of me...LOL

Saying that, I opened an account at Sydney based FX firm at the same time, I traded the demo account against fap (seeing how I'd go as as someone who traded markets for a living). I made just under 25% in 5 days vs FAP that did nothing.

Again Donna, feel free tom come back and have my money refunded, I assure you I'll post the out come to this community. Although personally, I feel you'll just ignore this post and hope I go away.

Regards to all.

Last edited:
Ken Long

Wow, some really baseless complaints here. I dont know if I should even get involved, but anyway.

I've never had a problem posting on the FAPT forum. It might take a little while to get my message posted, especialy if its a weekend, but they always make it on the board. The board is there to benefit members and to help the developers with ideas and feedback, not as a sounding board for all the perpetually dissatisfied. After all, this is just a $97 trading bot, ($149 now, I bought back on Nov 25), a cheap toy if you will.

However, it does trade pretty well.

Its not a Holy Grail. The only way to get the results they post is to overleverage the account and manualy manage the bot, ie, I dont believe they run this 24/7 on the default settings to get those results. Its far more likely that they pay attention to the markets and run it selectively when things are calm, and simply dont allow it to trade if things seem too volitile. However, I've stoped the crazy testing, and now I just run the default settings, with fixed adjustments to the risk level and spread filter, whenever my computer is on, and this works.

I especialy like this robot because I dont have to run my computer 24 hrs to get it to work. It only trades a few hours a day, 21:00-01:00 gmt, and the computer doesnt have to be on the rest of the time. I run it on my personal computer and it doesnt interfere with me if I'm trading during the day, it only runs for a little while during dinner (est) and while I'm doing my end of day analysis, and the cpu requirments are minimal. This is a very easy robot to live with and work around, unlike many. I dont include the psuedo long term EA in this discusion, it does interfere. It trades one of my major pairs and creates massive drawdowns.

Granted, when it (the scalper) takes a full loss it wipes out a lot of gains, but it doesnt take a full loss very often, most times the losses are no bigger than the gains, and overall its consistantly profitable. It has had bad weeks, and bad months (Jan), and I doubt it will ever achieve the profitability it had back in Nov when it first came out, but this was obvious from the start. It was overhyped and oversold, and the brokers fought against it.

But it still works, just dont expect too much. If you do, you really need to question why. Its not just this robot, its the entire Forex market. Its like some massive con game. Robots and day trading and get rich schemes. Its taken me a few months to digest it all, but it becomes pretty obvious if you question it correctly. Question everything, believe nothing.

As far as the refund, it couldnt be easier. Just contact ClickBank and request a refund within the 60 day window. I have returned more than half of all the robots I've bought. No questions, no explanations, just ask. I usually save the confirmation e-mail and just forward it back to them with the request. Beware, this only works on ClickBank, none of the other services are as compliant. Therfore, anybody who sells a product through ClickBank takes this risk. If they cant create and support a good product they arent likely to keep their money for too long.

As far as the need for a 10K account balance. Bunk, just use a micro account. Even the long term EA can be run on micro. The bigest problem is only being able to license it for one live account, forever. However, its only $149. Even on a $500 micro account it will make that back in short time and you can simply buy anouther.

And, how can you have a problem changing the gmt offset or activation key, just double click them and change the number, the same as any EA. You'll also need to change the risk setting and the spread filter. But its very easy, just click and change. The hardest thing is properly activating it, and renewing the activation periodicaly. But you can ask on their forum, there are lots of explanations there, and plenty of people who are willing to take the time to offer assistance.

Enough, most of the problems here are from misuse and expecting too much. This is still the only robot that I run consistanly. All the others that I've tested either blew up their demo account, annoyed me with constant cpu problems, or proved themselves worthless. This robot is certainly not an end all, but it is a nice addition to my trading. It does not bother me, and it adds something I wouldnt do on my own.

Believe nothing, question everything.....

Last edited:
Ken Long

FAPT Demo Test

Administration,

Please post the settings, risk and spread for the individual pairs that you are using in this test.

Since I dont have an Alpari account, yet, I am particularly interested in the spread settings that are working. On FXDD it requires fairly high spreads to trade these pairs during this time slot, eurgbp 9, eurchf 6, usdcad 5, gbpchf 12. FxPro has better spreads, but the results were not better.

You appear to be running a 5% risk setting for all the scalper pairs, correct me if I'm wrong. As I noticed on my accounts the usdcad pair consistantly run a higher lot size with the same risk parameters. Additionaly the eurgbp pair have a much higher stop loss setting than the other pairs, eurgbp 112/6, eurchf 53/5, gbpchf 75/10, usdcad 58/10, especialy as compared to the TP setting. So even with a flat 5% risk setting things are not equal.

Last edited:
Ken r u an alien?

Wow, some really baseless complaints here. I dont know if I should even get involved, but anyway.

I've never had a problem posting on the FAPT forum. It might take a little while to get my message posted, especialy if its a weekend, but they always make it on the board. The board is there to benefit members and to help the developers with ideas and feedback, not as a sounding board for all the perpetually dissatisfied. After all, this is just a $97 trading bot, ($149 now, I bought back on Nov 25), a cheap toy if you will.

However, it does trade pretty well.

Its not a Holy Grail. The only way to get the results they post is to overleverage the account and manualy manage the bot, ie, I dont believe they run this 24/7 on the default settings to get those results. Its far more likely that they pay attention to the markets and run it selectively when things are calm, and simply dont allow it to trade if things seem too volitile. However, I've stoped the crazy testing, and now I just run the default settings, with fixed adjustments to the risk level and spread filter, whenever my computer is on, and this works.

I especialy like this robot because I dont have to run my computer 24 hrs to get it to work. It only trades a few hours a day, 21:00-01:00 gmt, and the computer doesnt have to be on the rest of the time. I run it on my personal computer and it doesnt interfere with me if I'm trading during the day, it only runs for a little while during dinner (est) and while I'm doing my end of day analysis, and the cpu requirments are minimal. This is a very easy robot to live with and work around, unlike many. I dont include the psuedo long term EA in this discusion, it does interfere. It trades one of my major pairs and creates massive drawdowns.

Granted, when it (the scalper) takes a full loss it wipes out a lot of gains, but it doesnt take a full loss very often, most times the losses are no bigger than the gains, and overall its consistantly profitable. It has had bad weeks, and bad months (Jan), and I doubt it will ever achieve the profitability it had back in Nov when it first came out, but this was obvious from the start. It was overhyped and oversold, and the brokers fought against it.

But it still works, just dont expect too much. If you do, you really need to question why. Its not just this robot, its the entire Forex market. Its like some massive con game. Robots and day trading and get rich schemes. Its taken me a few months to digest it all, but it becomes pretty obvious if you question it correctly. Question everything, believe nothing.

As far as the refund, it couldnt be easier. Just contact ClickBank and request a refund within the 60 day window. I have returned more than half of all the robots I've bought. No questions, no explanations, just ask. I usually save the confirmation e-mail and just forward it back to them with the request. Beware, this only works on ClickBank, none of the other services are as compliant. Therfore, anybody who sells a product through ClickBank takes this risk. If they cant create and support a good product they arent likely to keep their money for too long.

As far as the need for a 10K account balance. Bunk, just use a micro account. Even the long term EA can be run on micro. The bigest problem is only being able to license it for one live account, forever. However, its only $149. Even on a $500 micro account it will make that back in short time and you can simply buy anouther.

And, how can you have a problem changing the gmt offset or activation key, just double click them and change the number, the same as any EA. You'll also need to change the risk setting and the spread filter. But its very easy, just click and change. The hardest thing is properly activating it, and renewing the activation periodicaly. But you can ask on their forum, there are lots of explanations there, and plenty of people who are willing to take the time to offer assistance.

Enough, most of the problems here are from misuse and expecting too much. This is still the only robot that I run consistanly. All the others that I've tested either blew up their demo account, annoyed me with constant cpu problems, or proved themselves worthless. This robot is certainly not an end all, but it is a nice addition to my trading. It does not bother me, and it adds something I wouldnt do on my own.

Believe nothing, question everything.....

Are u saying Ken, that Andrew's concerns are not legit? His is not the 1st negative review this EA has received. Y dont they answer his emails(who cares about the posts)? And if anyone stole $149.00 from me- I would call them a theif! And then mock their parents-LOL-for raising them as thieves! And ,so far,it seems the people behind this software dont care about their customers concerns as much as they care about taking their money. How typically FOREX-lol. My advice Andrew(even if u dont care) is to NEVER buy software w/o a free DEMO version 1st. That is exactly the opposite of this software. I program EA's and it would take only 2 lines of code to turn Live version into a DemoOnly version. What r they afraid of Ken?

Are u saying Ken, that Andrew's concerns are not legit? His is not the 1st negative review this EA has received. Y dont they answer his emails(who cares about the posts)? And if anyone stole $149.00 from me- I would call them a theif! And then mock their parents-LOL-for raising them as thieves! And ,so far,it seems the people behind this software dont care about their customers concerns as much as they care about taking their money. How typically FOREX-lol. My advice Andrew(even if u dont care) is to NEVER buy software w/o a free DEMO version 1st. That is exactly the opposite of this software. I program EA's and it would take only 2 lines of code to turn Live version into a DemoOnly version. What r they afraid of Ken?

More nonsense. Uninformed, false, and basicaly ignorant.

Anyone can get a full refund within 60 days for any product sold on
ClickBank. You dont even need a valid reason, just ask for it. This in itself is a very good way of keeping these developers honest. If they dont produce a product and support that their customers want to pay for and keep, they're likely to give back all their gains before 60 days are up.

There are a lot of questionable people selling EA's on the internet, and this is one of the best systems for keeping them honest that I know of.

As far as the support goes, I havent seen any other EA that can compare to FAPT for quality support. They have always responded to my questions, whether by e-mail or in the forum. Every month they hold Sat mentoring sesions for any members who want to attend. I've never attended, but I do review the posted information from the sesions, and its good.

Further, they listen to their customers. They have made many changes to the robot from our requests and comments. They created an entire advanced version with completely adjustable parameters for those who want to use it. They're constantly working to find the best brokerage to run FAPT on, understandably there have been broker problems, with certain brokers obviously working against this EA, the the FAPT staff have been active negotiating with ECN's and standard brokers for a workable agreement.

These people are very proactive and offer excellent support. Granted their product is oversold and overhyped, we knew that from the start, but it still works, and it works pretty well at that.

I dont know what your game is here, but your comments make no factual sense, as usual. You know I have nothing against negative reviews, and I have no qualms about calling things as I see them. There are plenty of bogus
EA's and crappy forex companys on the internet, but this one works pretty hard for its customers. Their EA is well designed and well programed, its big fault is that it was also well sold, a little too well sold. The way it was sold, and the way that most of these commercial EA's are sold through affiliate hacks, promotes and encourages misrepresentation, and absurd expectations. That is the real problem here, and not the quality of the product or support.

Ha Lol

More nonsense. Uninformed, false, and basicaly ignorant.

Anyone can get a full refund within 60 days for any product sold on
ClickBank. You dont even need a valid reason, just ask for it. This in itself is a very good way of keeping these developers honest. If they dont produce a product and support that their customers want to pay for and keep, they're likely to give back all their gains before 60 days are up.

There are a lot of questionable people selling EA's on the internet, and this is one of the best systems for keeping them honest that I know of.

As far as the support goes, I havent seen any other EA that can compare to FAPT for quality support. They have always responded to my questions, whether by e-mail or in the forum. Every month they hold Sat mentoring sesions for any members who want to attend. I've never attended, but I do review the posted information from the sesions, and its good.

Further, they listen to their customers. They have made many changes to the robot from our requests and comments. They created an entire advanced version with completely adjustable parameters for those who want to use it. They're constantly working to find the best brokerage to run FAPT on, understandably there have been broker problems, with certain brokers obviously working against this EA, the the FAPT staff have been active negotiating with ECN's and standard brokers for a workable agreement.

These people are very proactive and offer excellent support. Granted their product is oversold and overhyped, we knew that from the start, but it still works, and it works pretty well at that.

I dont know what your game is here, but your comments make no factual sense, as usual. You know I have nothing against negative reviews, and I have no qualms about calling things as I see them. There are plenty of bogus
EA's and crappy forex companys on the internet, but this one works pretty hard for its customers. Their EA is well designed and well programed, its big fault is that it was also well sold, a little too well sold. The way it was sold, and the way that most of these commercial EA's are sold through affiliate hacks, promotes and encourages misrepresentation, and absurd expectations. That is the real problem here, and not the quality of the product or support.

You are funny! Please give an address and I will send u box of Pampers! LOL

Too many FapTurbos

With the forex market as large as it is, I know this may sound unlikely but I think the there are so many FT's out there that it has affected the market. Think about this. The FT scalper is designed to work only during a 4 hour period when the volume is low. There are only a few brokers FT seems to work well with. Thousands of the robots have been sold. So you've got thousands of FT's trading during a 4 hour low volume period with a limited number of brokers. I have spent many hours monitoring FT trading. When I first started using it, I would get 4 to 8 profitable trades per session. I monitored the trading in order to prevent the occasional large loss when the stop loss was hit. I would manually close the trade to avoid the large loss. This worked well when I first started using FT. Even though I had to monitor the trading, that was OK because I was getting so many pofitable trades. I was trading .2 to .5 standard lots and was averaging about $150 per session. I tried to limit the sessions to 3 hours. I once had 22 profiable trades with no losses. That's $600 per week on a $5000 account with practically zero risk.

During the past two weeks, I have monitored the trades and the price movement is totally different. The typical trading session now is for FT to enter a trade early in the session and there is very little price movement during the session. The trade stays open the entire session and enventually closes for break even or a small loss. My theory for the way the market is acting with this particular broker is that the market is dominated by FT during the trading hours and this has affected the price movement in a way that defeats the way FT was designed to trade.

The quote below from the broker confirms this. This was in response to a complaint about orders not getting filled which is another problem I will not get into.

"We have investigated your dispute and found that you are using a popular EA in which we receive many orders from at the same time. In this case we execute all orders on a first in, first out basis in accordance with our terms of business. If your order is in the Queue and you have a set deviation, we can fill you at that level based on your request. Please contact the developer or person you purchased the program from for further support. We also advise you to review our official policy on order execution which can be seen in our Terms of Business, clauses 5.23-5.29."

Sorry I went on so long about this but this forum is the first place I have found to vent my frustration. Bottom line is, FT did work but needed to be monitored until the developers killed the goose that was laying the golden egg by selling so many. You can't really blame them but just think what they could have done if they had limited sales and charged an annual subscription.

You are funny! Please give an address and I will send u box of Pampers! LOL

I don´t think he´s funny, I think he has a point in what he says and doesn´t associate with anything pamper-style to me..

It´s alot of whining and crying in every forex forum I have seen to date from people whining about the "wrong things" like what Ken is trying to politetely explain back. A LITTLE natural technical skill in software using and troubleshooting is often needed to get the EA´s running. You as an EA developer are aware of this. This EA is already more than enough user friendly (if not download Pro-version) and easy to setup and that is no longer what the developers should have to think about when improving their software, that I AM LEASING!!! They should focus on performance-improvement and should not be distracted by badly directed criticism.

This is a plague for every ea-maker and it creates the need of a CONTROLLED forum environment so that newer members can be able to trust the information they are feeded. In an open environment you will hear 90 voices screaming over unrelevant things and 10 who have a point. Unfortunately those 10 voices will seldom be heard since the other 90 is posting too many threads in caps and just make too much noice before reading the forums, faqs and manuals. This is why many forums like theese are moderated, not necessarily because of bad intentions.

Therefore they should not get flamed purely about lack in that area, people are here to know the RESULTS of the robot right? (Do the refund thru clickbank like Ken said They wouldn't had used clickbank if they wanted to cheat you that bad.) :embarrassed:

However it is still a big marketing-machine and I am about 70% satisfied with the product. Of course it´s not the holy grail, I never thought so and I hope neither did you but I hope it might be above average. I had 12% Profit in march with 4 stoplosses hit and about 3.5% risk, that is also my first month live.

Also if using this the trading times must be adjusted by using pro-version because of asian-session impact. This is really vital, just check the charts 6 months back until now to see how it has changed. 75% of all hit SL´s are last FAP 1½-hour.

What r they afraid of Ken?

Their licensing seems to be based on this fapturbo3 dll-file, which must be downloaded every month from member-zone. This dll is called by the ea and should be more or less impossible to decompile and reproduce if encrypted right and maybe thats why they cant change it in 2 mins. The EA never talks to any fap-server or anything like that. This way you need a fresh dll every month or parts of robot will not work, very smart indeed. Either way they are very clear about this from start so not fair to flame about that either and if u are serious it´s no big deal, just change every monthly cycle if needed. If you trade real money you dont change your account every week anyway.

/ McKeen

Good luck

I don´t think he´s funny, I think he has a point in what he says and doesn´t associate with anything pamper-style to me..

It´s alot of whining and crying in every forex forum I have seen to date from people whining about the "wrong things" like what Ken is trying to politetely explain back. A LITTLE natural technical skill in software using and troubleshooting is often needed to get the EA´s running. You as an EA developer are aware of this. This EA is already more than enough user friendly (if not download Pro-version) and easy to setup and that is no longer what the developers should have to think about when improving their software, that I AM LEASING!!! They should focus on performance-improvement and should not be distracted by badly directed criticism.

This is a plague for every ea-maker and it creates the need of a CONTROLLED forum environment so that newer members can be able to trust the information they are feeded. In an open environment you will hear 90 voices screaming over unrelevant things and 10 who have a point. Unfortunately those 10 voices will seldom be heard since the other 90 is posting too many threads in caps and just make too much noice before reading the forums, faqs and manuals. This is why many forums like theese are moderated, not necessarily because of bad intentions.

Therefore they should not get flamed purely about lack in that area, people are here to know the RESULTS of the robot right? (Do the refund thru clickbank like Ken said They wouldn't had used clickbank if they wanted to cheat you that bad.) :embarrassed:

However it is still a big marketing-machine and I am about 70% satisfied with the product. Of course it´s not the holy grail, I never thought so and I hope neither did you but I hope it might be above average. I had 12% Profit in march with 4 stoplosses hit and about 3.5% risk, that is also my first month live.

Also if using this the trading times must be adjusted by using pro-version because of asian-session impact. This is really vital, just check the charts 6 months back until now to see how it has changed. 75% of all hit SL´s are last FAP 1½-hour.

Their licensing seems to be based on this fapturbo3 dll-file, which must be downloaded every month from member-zone. This dll is called by the ea and should be more or less impossible to decompile and reproduce if encrypted right and maybe thats why they cant change it in 2 mins. The EA never talks to any fap-server or anything like that. This way you need a fresh dll every month or parts of robot will not work, very smart indeed. Either way they are very clear about this from start so not fair to flame about that either and if u are serious it´s no big deal, just change every monthly cycle if needed. If you trade real money you dont change your account every week anyway.

/ McKeen

I dont own this software so I cant really bash it like I know it deserves. NO DEMO VERSION?This alone is a red flag.I havent(and would never EVER) buy any software I couldnt test drive 1st-this is the standard of the entire software world at present. Owners must manually download a DLL every month or so? LOL LOL - R U KIDDING? Yea thats not a pain in the arse? All that matters is it makes money and u dont have to stroke out to operate it. My opinion matters as much as yours or Kens(maybe u need the diapers too?). I will say what ever I want too-just like you.(that is until our country is overrun by the Chinese or Indians)

hcdjr,

Good point. The market may be huge, but we work in a specific section of it, using specific brokers. Most of the huge part of the market is bank orders. This may supply the liquidity we need to trade easily, but we still trade through a broker, who supports, profits from, and allows our trades. Therefore our little microcosm of the retail trading world isnt really all that big. And the advent of FAPT could easily tip the cart, especialy during the hours it trades.

ernest,

Sorry if I was rude, but your humor, although entertaining, is generally ignorant and obtrusive. Do you have a purpose, or point, in your comments? I'm all for a good laugh, and I appreciate ignorance and sarcasm as much as any, but I try to maintain focus, even if the edges get a bit fuzzy.

Bye the way, dont you consider the 60 day guarantee to be a demo period of sorts, I know I do.

Regardless, the software is capable of paying for itself, paying for the computer it runs on, and paying for the operators time, all in very short time. What more do you really want, instant wealth, with a money back guarantee.

This program was a great step forward in retail trade automation. It really showed a large block of people what was possible, and a lot of programers, brokers, and traders have noticed. The future possibilities here are very interesting.

Back