FOREX PRO Weekly July 08-12, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Well, although previous week was short and market was thinner than usual – action down was still significant. Unfortunately we was not as lucky in short term as in long term – market has not given us any sensible retracement up to join bearish party, but on big picture our anaysis works fine.
We said previously since this market’s move is based on fundamental data and mostly was triggered by Fed sentiment changing concerning US economy growth, QE program and inflation – we can’t treat it as occasional and short-term. Probably it will have some lasting impact on medium-term perspectives on EUR. In previous research our conclusion on monthy time frames aproximately sounds as – “it’s all about the flag”. Depending on breakout direction – further action will follow.On previous week we’ve got significant bearish pattern – bullish trap or fake upward flag breakout. By classical school of technical analysis this should lead to oposite real breakout, i.e. downside. And now we see that this is happening – price is breaking out lower flag’s border. What is also significant – market is passing through yearly pivot point and 50% support area.
As situation stands in a row with our expectations yet – minimum target stands the same area around Yearly Pivot support 1 and preavious lows 1.2150-1.23. Potentially this probably will trigger downward action by huge AB=CD pattern that has minor 0.618 target and will challenge 1.1875 lows around all time major 50% support. As you can see, any big thing starts with small one. With this flag breakout failure we have bearish long-term context, I suppose.
But on coming week our major focus will be on weekly and daily time frames.

eur_m_08_07_13.png

Weekly
Here downside action stands fully in a row with our expectation and analysis. Trend has turned bearish. Previously we’ve said that nearest target and support area will be around 1.28-1.2830 – this is neckline and target of bearish engulfing pattern on top of right shoulder.
Now you see why this time frame is singificant for us. Here we’ve got very important information about support. 1.28 area is not only the neckline – this is also MPS1 and 0.618 extension target of AB-CD pattern that is based on the head and right shoulder. Thus, the bounce that we’ve waited on passed week, may be will happen on coming one.
H&S pattern per se looks very attractive. The target of this pattern will challenge the lows of 1.18 area as well. This is great assistance and advantage for us, when we know direction of price movement for extended period of time.
eur_w_08_07_13.png

Daily
Here, guys, I do not know what will happen on this time. Market has shown V-top shape and failed to give us B&B “Buy” that we would like to get on previous week. Now we have the context for opposite trade – either B&B “Sell” or DRPO “Buy”. Price stands at significant support that includes weekly neckline, MPS1, 0.618 AB-CD target and daily oversold. We have nice thrust down that is suitable for DiNapoli directional trade. As a target of upward bounce is logically suggest 1.3020-1.3040 daily K-resistance area. We do not see any clear patterns yet here, since market just has hit this area. Let’s see what will happen on next week.
eur_d_08_07_13.png

4-hour
Unfortunately, guys, I do not see any reversal patterns yet – neither on 4-hour chart nor on hourly and lower ones. No Butterflies, 3-Drives, H&S’s – nothing. We do not have even candlestick patterns here. Currently we just one obvious thing – market is drifting inside of Fibonacci channels. Thus, initial channel has shifted to 1.0 extension one and market now stands inside of it. May be it will show jump to 2.0 channel or even 2.618 – I do not know. What I do know is that we need to get at minimum break of lower-lows lower-highs tendency and perfectly, if it will be in a way of some kind of reversal pattern. When and if we will get it – then the time will come to take definite and more active steps. Right now there is no foundation for this.
From the other side, we can’t enter short as well, since we at solid support. We do not know, may be market will continue action as it stands – “30 pips retracement and 1.618 go”, but this is definitely too fast from EUR natural harmonic action. Besides, we should deal with probabilitities. Sometimes strong fundamental factors distort normal action and skew probability. But this should not lead to our loss. Missing entry points – may be, but this is better than loss. That’s the scenario that we are dealing with right now and within past 2 weeks. Let’s what will happen on next week. I have some suspicion that EUR really looks a bit overextended to the downside in short-term.
eur_4h_08_07_13.png

Conclusion:
Current move down could have significant consecutives in long-term perspectives since it could become a trigger for long-term bear trend continuation and lead EUR to 1.18 area.
Shorter-term analysis points that market has hit our 1.28-1.2830 target of neckline and other kind of supports in this area. Although we do not see any reversal patterns yet, odds suggest the bounce. Daily K-resistance looks like logical target of this bounce. As on previous week, we need this bounce for short entry in medium-term trend but in short-term period this bounce could be used as separate context for trading.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update Tue 09, July 2013

Good morning,
It's too few time has passed since our weekly analysis and market just had no possibilty to show something new here. Yes, we see some attempt to bounce from specified support area, that includes MPS1, daily oversold, 0.618 AB-CD target and weekly neckline. Also current thrust down looks nice and if we really will get retracement up - it will be suitable for DiNapoli directional trade.
As potential target of possible retracement we could probably be focused on 1.30 area - since this is daily K-resistance and WPR1. Slightly higher stands extended target - MPP and 50% daily resistance.
To be absolutely honest, guys, EUR looks blur compares to JPY and Gold right now. These markets care better oportunities for trading and if EUR will not show us anything drastical, tomorrow we will talk about JPY probably.
eur_d_09_07_13.png

On 4-hour chart nothing important has happened yet, since not even single of our requirements were achieved - market has not exceeded yet neither harmonic swing, nor previous swing down and has not tested yet WPP. One additional thing that we see here is nice bullish MACD divergence right at daily support. But this is definitely insufficient for taking long position.
Here, I suppose, our trading plan will be as follows - we need to get greater swing up compares to previous swing down. Then we will try to take first AB=CD retracement down, may be it will coincide with WPP. Currently I do not see any other solutions, because we do not have any patterns or something of that sort, that could let us get some options to choose from.
eur_4h_09_07_13.png

Last edited:
USD/JPY Daily Update, Wed 10, July 2013

Good morning,
as I've promised, today we will take a look and JPY. EUR again has failed to break retracement harmonic swing, and holds the previous tendency. I do not know what we will see today, but may be we will start to see oportunity for short entry there.
Anyway, today is JPY....

Currently on daily time frame we see nice upward thrust, that in fact is continuation of our weekly bullish B&B(that we 've traded). Slightly higher around 101.90 area stands WPR1 and MPR1 - solid resistance area, while MPP has not been touched yet. Also we have lightning bolt AB-CD that has the target in the same area. I do not rely much on such AB-CD's, but as I've found it, I've just drawn it here. Thus, our major idea here, as you understand is either B&B Buy or DRPO Sell.
jpy_d_10_07_13.png

For B&B I prefer to see retracement to daily K-support area around 98.60 level. If it will be still DRPO - then target probably will be around MPP and major 50% support of all move up.

The reason why I'm tracking this setup is exhausting signs on intraday charts. Thus, on 4-hour we see MACD divergence and hint on 3-Drive sell. Second top stands at 1.27 of first retracement, while if we will draw extension from current swing down - 1.618 of first drive and 1.27 of second drive will coincide right around 101.90 daily resistance. So, if we will get 3-Drive as reversal pattern, that will be just perfect.
jpy_4h_10_07_13.png

On hourly chart we will take a look at most recent AB=CD move that has target at the same 101.90 area and now looks like "222" Buy pattern. But the major attractiveness of overall situaiton is that we in fact dont care, will we get 3-Drive or not. Yes, we would like to get it, but if market will start move down right from current level - that's OK. We just switch to daily and will wait for confirmation either B&B or DRPO patterns.
jpy_1h_10_07_13.png

So JPY is promised to be interesting and could give us nice oportunities of trades with high probability of success.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 11, July 2013

Good morning,
well, as you probably know already, appreaciation across the board was triggered by FOMC meeting protocol, where most members think that it is too early to contract QE.
Although, personally I like JPY more than EUR right now, since action there is calmer and does not have such huge volatility, we will talk on EUR today, because this is our focus currency.

In fact, we do have nothing but ultimate B&B "Sell" on daily time frame. We have nice thrust down, close above 3x3 DMA and reaching of significant 5/8 Fib resistance level within 2 closes above it. This is B&B. Current level is also a MPP and daily overbought. So, odds suggest that we should not enter long today. This is simulteniously "Stretch" bearish pattern.
eur_d_11_07_13.png

Also guys, although I do not have MACDP on daily chart - keep an eye on it, since we could get huge bearish stop grabber by today-tomorrow close...

On 4-hour chart I do not see anything interesing. So, as we've said that we have confirmed setup for bearish directional trade on daily - on hourly chart we need a pattern that will trigger downward action. And that probably will be DRPO "Sell" LAL. LAL is because, at least by Alpari data, we have blur first close below 3x3 and because of significant difference between the tops. Here we have also possibility for Butterfly - but I do not rely on it much, since hardly market will show new high at significant overobught condition.
The target of B&B "Sell is 1.2930 area - 5/8 support of overall upward action.
eur_1h_11_07_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 12, July 2013

Good morning,
Well, today is not much to comment, at least on daily time frame. Due significant resistance market has not passed any further to upside, and I think that it hardly will happen within 1-2 nearest trading sessions. We still have valid context here for B&B "Sell" and bearish Stretch patterns. At the same time, as I've said previously, I prefer to see calmer and gradual B&B's, because furious and emotional action always destructive. But by-booking approach - yes, this is B&B.
If you ever monitor how EUR behaves around overbought, then you probably saw it. When price just hits OB level it stands for some time flat and then shows 1.618 extension up - you can even see it on the same chart twice. Just take a look at previous 2 moments, when OB was hit. I do not want to tell that it has to happen, but if market will not start move down in 1-2 nearest sessions - it's better to close shorts.
eur_d_12_07_13.png

So, here we can make only 1 add-on to previous analysis and it stands on hourly chart. Probably we could get this AB=CD pattern down that gives an Agreement with B&B target. Currently I do not see any signs yet that B&B has failed and that market will not move lower. Setup is still here and it's valid.
eur_1h_12_07_13.png

Last edited:
Ahhh, Master Sive.

....and a very good morning from a very rainy Puerto Vallarta this time.

Good reading material again !!!!

GRACIAS.

Thank you very much sive sir..
Wish you all a very profitable week ahead..

Here is my thoughts
if retracement will start then...
EurUsd Daily tf.jpg

............in other words:
sit on your hands or trade on auto !!!

...but Tuesday is still young, so activity might change.

Great idea, Sive !
You have my complete support to change pair if current doesn't show anything interesting.
Hope, others agree with me :)

So far I've only been profitable with JPY.
Euro kills me, and I can not even dare to touch gold :)
I don't know how many pairs you actively trade,
perhaps, when you see good trade opportunity on any of them, you can show us.
Of course, only if that won't make problems to anyone.

Back