FOREX PRO WEEKLY October 28 - November 01, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Today again, we will talk about NZD. Mostly because this is the one pair that has clear setup. We will not dive in New Zealand fundamentals because everybody undertsands that if any solid move will follow - it will follow due USD appreciation/depretiation, but probably not due NZD changes. Besides, since NZD also trades in relation to USD, and stands as a member of big family USD-related currency pairs, I can’t exclude that these patterns that now we see on NZD could become some sort of leading indicator for others. It is even more interesting, since particular these patterns have appeared on NZD right in the moment when EUR has hit monthly resistance cluster. Don’t be upset that we will not dedicate time to EUR. When you will read current research, you will understand why I have chosen NZD. Besides, we will track EUR in daily updates.
First, let’s recall what we’ve talked about previously. Our really big picture is based on big AB-CD pattern with target around 0.92. Market now stands above 0.618 and coiling slightly below 1.0 major objective point. When you see such situaiton this tells that it’s a great probability of upward move, since market just can’t remain in semi-position and gravitates to completion point of the pattern. Second our issue was bullish dynamic pressure. MACD shows bear trend, while market is forming the sequense of higher lows. Thus, I’ve drawn not a divergence, but just show you difference between trend and price action. Bullish dynamic pressure suggests taking out of previous highs at minimum. Finally here is obvious and nicely looking potential butterfly “Sell” pattern. The 1.618 extension stands slightly above AB=CD target and here is conclusion could be made that AB=CD target will be hit exactly by butterfly.
And finally Monthly Pivot. Market has tested it and moves above it, and in general – take a look that price more or less holds above broken highs. So current retracement looks like re-testing of broken 0.80 highs.

nzd_m1_28_10_13.png

But this is really big picture. From tactical standpoint, we need to take a look at following chart. Actually here I mostly interesting with monthly stop grabber that has not been confirmed yet, since October is still lasting. But it is not significant probability that market will move right back above 0.8530 within next week. Minimum target is previous lows, i.e. 0.7680. Not bad hint, right? Now, combine this setup with those that we have on EUR – hard rock resistance around 1.38-1.39 and now reversal pattern on NZD. Also as I’ve read on forum, we have something bullish on dollar index.
But the magic of this issue is that if even price will take out these lows, our bullish setup could hold. By this potential move down, price could just accomplish downward AB=CD pattern and still hold the harmony of large AB-CD and even will not erase butterfly, we’ll see. Here market has reached MPR1, so we at resistance. Now let’s go further to weekly chart...
nzd_m2_28_10_13.png

Weekly
This chart gives a bit more details. Although trend holds bullish here still, but monthly grabber here takes the shape of perfect bearish engulfing pattern, that we like to deal with. Invalidation point obviously is the same – the high at 0.8543. Besides of MPR1 market also has accomplished upward ultimate 1.618 AB=CD target.
As we’ve estimated patterns and possible direction, we need to understand how to open position.
nzd_w_28_10_13.png

Daily
So, do you see here something guys? Beyond of what I’ve drawn. Engulfing pattern, butterfly – they are wonderful, but we need something more… Something that could let us better understand, where is optimal area for short entry, where will be our focus? I suspect that this should be somewhere around 0.8375-0.8425. Try to answer on this question before you will read an answer below. Let it will be your homework, since our part of forum is educational…
Recall, that butterflies very often become a part of larger patterns, as wedges, 3-Drives and… yes, H&S. And I suspect that we could get one here. Upward action was really strong and solid. Market probably should show deep retracement up before any reversal. Second, neckline stands at Fib support and oversold and if market will proceed to normal Stretch pattern target – they should be in the middle between Oscillator Predictor bands that stand precisely somewhere around 0.84. Later, on 4-hour chart you’ll see another reason. But now it will be enough to know that we should be ready for deep retracement up and our level to watch for is around 0.84.
nzd_d_28_10_13.png

4-hour
Now just take a look at this magic. This is AB-CD that we’ve traded on previous week. Honestly speaking I’ve traded only once, till 0.618 target, but our assumption that market could continue move lower looks like was correct... Anyway, price is approaching to objective point. Interestingly that AB-CD target stands in Agreement with daily major 3/8 Support and oversold area. Hence this will be hard rock support. Since we will be at oversold, we’re not very interesting with 0.8340 resistance. Next resistance stands right at the lower level of our area – 0.8375-0.8425 and coincides with WPP of next week. But this is not all yet. We know that when market completes AB-CD, especially on oversold, retracement could be as far as to 0.618 level, i.e. - to 0.8440 Fib resistance and this is normal. This level coincides with WPR1, but should drift slightly lower, since market still has room till AB-CD target. I suspect that retracement up could be compounded and take shape of AB=CD, since we have K-resistance on the way up and hardly price will pass through it during first touch. Anyway, if we will have suspisions where to enter, as usual, we can apply scale-in. Take small short around K-resistance and if market will pass through it – major part of position around 0.618 Fib resistance.
nzd_4h_28_10_13.png

Conclusion:
That’s being said, as you probably see now, NZD has clearest setup among other majors. By some reason solid reversal pattern here has appeared right at the moment when EUR has hit outstanding resistance range. Could it be some early hint on dollar appreciation? We’ll see…

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

NZD+CAD Daily Update, October 29, 2013

Good morning,
markets are silent across the board and there are just few things that look interesting by far. Unfortunately they stand not on EUR...
So, NZD again... On daily chart we do not see much changes. Price has moved a bit lower and now almost stands at potential neckline of our H&S pattern. It is difficult to say whether price will test 3/8 major Fib support before possible retracement up or not, but anyway this will not destroy our analysis. Second stage of our plan has completed. Now we need to watch for upward bounce and bullish patterns on lower time frames:

nzd_d_29_10_13.png

On 4-hour chart we finally see, that price has completed AB=CD pattern. CD leg is much flatter and this assumes deeper retracement up. Since target just has been touched couple hours ago, there are no reversal patterns have been formed here. Still we will stand with our plan and our first level to watch is K-resistance + WPP. Next possible level, if retracement will take AB=CD shape - 5/8 Fib resistance.
nzd_4h_29_10_13.png

Still from tactical standpoint and very short-term trading, may be setup on CAD will be useful for somebody of you. CAD now stands at major Fib resistance on daily chart. On 4-hour chart nicely looking DRPO has been formed:
cad_4h_29_10_13.png

But be careful with it, since daily AB=CD up has not been completed yet. So, we're not at Agreement on daily. Thus, although typical target for DRPO is 50% support, I'm not sure with it right now. If you will decide to trade it - move stop to break even at first possibility...

Last edited:
GBP Daily Update, Wed 30, October 2013

Good morning,
So we continue to surf between different currencies and today is a GBP turn. As I see many of us have started to treat current move down on EUR, Gold and other currencies as action that was triggered by technical issues. But I hurry to warn you, that this is not probably so. Current action down is not due solid resistance, say, on EUR. This is just the way how investors are preparing for FOMC meeting. Don't be hasty to enter short yet. Now, to GBP...
I do not know whether it makes sense to prepare any technical analysis right at Fed's eve at all, but I still try to find most intriguing setups. Today I've chosen cable.
On weekly chart we see that market has not quite reached 1.618 extension (~ for 50 pips). Current sideway action mostly is triggered by weekly overbought but now market is out from it. So, probability suggests that this target ~ 1.63 should be hit, depsite whether market will turn down or continue move up. That's the core. Since today we will get FOMC, volatility will probably grow and chances that market will reach this level are not small...
gbp_w_30_10_13.png

Now, how it could happen? Answer is on daily... This could be butterfly "sell". Even 1.27 extension will be enough to touch 1.63 and even more:
gbp_d_30_10_13.png

And finally, why market should turn up right from here? Let's take a look at 4-hour chart:
gbp_4h_30_10_13.png

Here price stands at Agreement of 5/8 Fib support and ultimate 1.618 extension target of AB-CD (or H&S target, if you want). Besides, 5/8 is typical level for Butterflies to start forming of right wing. May be reversal will happen by DRPO LAL (lack of required number of bars here), I do not know. But overall setup is thrilling.

Also, guys, I do not call you to trade it anyway. Current moment is "special", not everybody trade before FOMC. This is a period of great chances but great risks as well. So, this is personal and only you can decide. I just do my best to offer you something interesting.
Cheers.

P.S.
On NZD we see nice W&R right at daily major 3/8 Agreement on hourly chart. Thus, this setup more or less coinsides with GBP one. Let's see what will happen.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 31, October 2013

Good morning,
So we've got just another flat speech from Fed. It means that buble on stock market and real estate market will continue to grow. Sooner or later it will blow and it will be another shock for financial markets. This probably will not be an economy crisis, but this will be definitely not a sweet time for financial markets, especially in other countries - EU and Japan. In long term perspective this could increase demand for USD as safe-haven asset.
By taking a look at daily chart, we do not see any patterns yet, but our major focus is the same - to understand how market will response on hard rock monthly resistance. Probably we should get some pattern, currently I can imagine only H&S, but this also could be 3-Drive, if market will complete weekly Butterfly at 1.3930. Hardly market will pass through this area as it's no exists. We do not have such tools and events for that right now.
As we do not have any patterns, all that we can do here is to trade with the trend, or still wait for patterns. Trend has shifted bearish here. Market is not at oversold and has some free space till first solid support around 1.3550:
eur_d_31_10_13.png

If some reversal pattern still will be formed here, then, minimum retracement will be probably to next K-area around 1.34, or even may be to 1.3166. The point is price stands at 0.618 minor AB=CD extension on weekly chart. Normal retracement after this is 3/8 of CD leg - that is next K-support. But we're also at daily AB=CD target and from this standpoint 1.3166 is acceptable as well. But that is all about retracement. If this will be reversal, then consequences could much stronger...

So, we need to sell some rally on intraday charts to join downward action:
eur_4h_31_10_13.png

Here we see that market stands at support - WPS1, Fib support and 4-hour oversold. Some bounce is possible. Trend is bearish here as well. Thus, if you're interesting with trading trend here, we can look for retracement to 3/8 level or WPP for opening short position. As usual move should be smooth, no explosive white candles.
But this is just tactical setup for 1-2 days. Strategical target should appear when some pattern or reaction on resistance will form on daily chart...

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 01, November 2013

Good morning,
Although we've assumed donward action right to the level where price stands now, but to be honest I didn't suggest that it will happen so fast. But yesterday afternoon, situation has changed and as EUR as Gold has shown solid acceleration to the downside. So, right now market stands at oversold and K-support area. This is not the time to take short position.
In fact, for those who trade on daily chart - nothing has changed. We continue to expect bounce up and appearing some reversal pattern as respect to solid monthly resistance. Currently appearing of H&S looks probable. Just one thing worries me - market has not quite reached 1.27 ButterflY "Sell" on weekly chart at 1.3930. That's why I do not exclude appearing of Butterfly here as well... We'll see:
eur_d_01_11_13.png

For those of you who trade on intraday chart, we also have some. This is DiNapoli "Stretch" directional pattern. It suggests upward bounce. The minimum target probably stands around 1.3650-1.3660 area if we assume that this will H&S and it will hold some harmony. 1.3650 is the top of left shoulder. Now we just need to get upward reversal pattern on lower time frame, that will let us to make scalp buy trade.
By dropping to 4-hour chart we have excellent thrust down that could become the basis for DRPO "Buy". I would like to see DRPO, but not B&B, since we at solid support and oversold. Thus bounce should be greater, that's why DRPO is more desirable here and more probable as well. Take a look - normal target of DRPO (50% of the thrust) stands in the same area as left shoulder top. here is also 3/8 major resistance.
eur_4h_01_11_13.png

Still, as market just has hit this level, I'm not sure that it will be in time with creating the pattern. It could happen that this trade will be postponed on next week... But anyway, overall situation is interesting and carries a lot of possibilities for active trading on next week.
Also guys, take a look at daily S&P 500. There we also could get a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Thank you so much sive sir for your kind help.
Wish you happy pips..
and wishing all my friends the same..
*HAPPY PIPING *

a lot of resistance.jpg
here i am showing my exxtrreemmeely loaded chart
i thnk after viewing my chart sive sir throw me out from this forum
for sure ;):D

2013-10-27_0845.png

Tah Dah !

I made this totally messy chart before coming here....amazing..

I know I am not adding anything useful to the forum, I was just shocked that somehow I had made the same assumptions as Sive....

But where as Sive's is from experience mine is just pure beginners luck....

I have seen Sive copy identical trend lines etc before for retracements and that's where some of the idea came from for my analysis.

Happy trading...

Hi Lolly,

I'd believe that everyone here on this forum always appreciates your contribution, especially your chart pics. I for one, honour and respect your active input to our E/U discussion. Please keep up your great work.

Back