For FXCM traders using the FX Trading Station II, please be aware that an update is being released this weekend for the platform. When you login to the platform on Sunday August 27th, the platform will automatically update by itself. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact client services. Here's a list of the new features being added to the platform:
- News Window: You will see a "News" window in the trading station. This will stream in the latest market news from DailyFX.com, as well as important trading updates. You can add any RSS feed of your choice with the Manage button.
- Trailing Stops
A. FXCM LLC clients (USA) can now set Net Trailing Stops that will move as the market moves in your favor. You can set these in the Stop/Limit (Net) box.
B. All clients can now choose to set either Dynamic Trailing Stops or Step Trailing Stops. With Step Trailing Stops, you can choose the minimum moves the market must make before the Stop changes.
- Entry Order Time In Force: You can now specify Entry orders to be GTC (default), or Good For Day. If you select Time In Force as "DAY", the order will expire at 17:00 Eastern U.S. Time (New York) if it has not been executed. You can enable Time in Force in the Options menu under General Trading.
- Price Updates: The trading station has been optimized to update more quickly with every price update received from the server. In coming months, clients should see faster price updates as we progressively upgrade our price delivery system.
- Signal Notification via E-mail: You can now have custom technical indicator or price alerts sent from the trading station to you via e-mail. To set a signal, use the Signals menu in the Marketscope charts. When setting Signal Properties, set "Send e-mail" to "True", and then enter the destination e-mail address in the next line.
- Chart Templates, Layouts, and Snapshots: It is now easier to manage chart layouts and snapshots. In the File menu in the Marketscope charts, you will find the ability to easily manage them. Templates, which can also be found in the File menu, allow you to save a particular set of Technical Indicators and settings, and then apply them to other charts with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Tick Volume: You can now add Tick Volume to charts by right-clicking on the chart. This shows how many price ticks were shown on the trading station during the charts time interval.
- Technical Indicators: More customization options have been added for many technical indicators in the Marketscope charts, including changing line thickness.