GOLD PRO Weekly August 12-16, 2013

no shlt! now we know who remains the uncontested master of the market. ;) a fake breakout of 200 pips and then a bullish rocket. unreal.

Currently 20pips usd cad usd long and 922pips on xau short. I gave cad heads up. Have screebshots triantus in case no one believes im full of ****!!!!!

dude, i believe you. XAUUSD short 922 pips!! that's just totally awesome. how many days did you have to hold the trade to get there? hold on! i don't understand. it's been going up, not down. are you talking about a trade initiated a long time ago when the market was falling?

in any case, i wish i could say the same. this week has been the worst for me. my timing is totally off for some reason, making the stupidest mistakes in the book. like having too tight stops and putting them where everybody else puts them and getting stopped out all the time only to watch the goddamn market go back exactly where i thought it would go.

to give you an example of how the week ended: on Friday, i did what i swore i'd never do--leave trades unattended: so i entered 2 trades, one on XAUUSD and the other on USDCHF, and then shutdown the computer and went out for the evening.

XAUUSD goes 5 pips lower than my stops. can you believe this?!! i got taken out by 5 pips!!!! i remember the days when i used to do this shlt all the time. i still cannot believe i didn't set a wider stop. what the hell was i thinking, or rather, not thinking? then of course, i get back home a couple hours later, market took the 700 handle. or Thursday: a 200 pip drop usually doesn't mean the market is going to do a U-turn and go all bullish for 500 pips. and yet, that's exactly what happened. XAUUSD blows my mind everyday.

as to USDCHF (and it seems it happens on other pairs as well) market now hunts for stops deep beyond the 61.8% level. i had mine just 10 pips below the 61.8% thinking the USDCHF ain't that volatile and besides, when you look at the chart, it stopped flat right on the 61.8% line, as if it had hit a wall. then a slight bounce, then a huge candle down that failed to breach the level again, 4 hours later still bouncing off lightly from the level. so i thought, somehow they can't breach 61.8% so 20 pips should be safe. apparently i misread the candle price action.

well, as soon as i shutdown the computer, market just rips 61.8% to shreds, grabs all the stops as it makes landfall on 78.6% and gleefully U-turns back up. the main pivot point was in between these 2 levels, maybe that should have clued me in.

in any case, it seems it has become a habit to push the price beyond the 61.8%, making 78.6% the last bastion of resistance as it were, and not just on USDCHF but other pairs as well.

you seem to be on a roll. good for you. i need to learn not to trade when i start losing touch. hardest lesson ever: wait and sit on the sidelines. and then wait some more until ready. now, that is hard!

Back