GUILTY Case# 2013-081 | bronxfx vs https://everestmarkets.com/

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that EverestMarkets.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 26 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear George,

Thank you for bringing some key questions to the table. We want to be as transparent as possible with all our traders and people who we do business with.

Previously we operated as a Market Marker and a STP broker with Leverate. However we changed this relationship as we found that their practices in parallel with Metaquotes to be dodgy to say the least. Overall we were fortunate to be in discussions with Dukascopy Bank SA already, for a white label partnership agreement. Our liquidity now is SWFX, SWFX does connect to in-turn Goldman Sachs, Barclays Etc. We can place their logos on our website because we use those banks both directly and indirectly in b2b operations.

As a whole we do not agree with many of the practices taking place in the FX brokerage place. As a new firm, that's why we want to change the game. As senior members and seemingly well-informed traders, you can understand these issues, and we would love nothing more than to address them in order to gain more business and make the industry more fair.

With increased regulation worldwide (including New Zealand where hundreds of OTHER FSPs were banned and deregistered) we will probably be left with only an oligopoly of firms in the FX space. Unfortunately for now we can only rely on the trust of our traders to grow our business.

Kind Regards,

David Warren
Relationship Manager
Everest Markets

Thank you for your response. However you do have me confused. You say that previously you operated as a market maker. As a market maker you would be the counter-party to any trade. I am puzzled as to the need for any involvement with Leverate.

I assume that STP stands for Straight Through Processing which is a banking concept rather than one used in forex. The idea of STP is to cut bank transaction times down from three days to almost instantaneous. Investopedia defines 'Straight Through Processing - STP' as an initiative used by companies in the financial world to optimize the speed at which transactions are processed. This is performed by allowing information that has been electronically entered to be transferred from one party to another in the settlement process without manually re-entering the same pieces of information repeatedly over the entire sequence of events.

You say 'As a whole we do not agree with many of the practices taking place in the FX brokerage place. As a new firm, that's why we want to change the game.'. However no such claim is made on your website and in the 'about us' section you say:

WHY TRADE FOREX, FOREIGN EXCHANGE
WITH EVEREST MARKETS

EVEREST MARKETS FOREX SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS ARE INNOVATIVE

Everest Markets solutions are a gateway to the Forex market. We think outside of the box and set the trend for superior trading technology and world class support to both individual and institutional traders.

Further on your website you say:

WHY WE PARTNER WITH NEW ZEALAND

New Zealand is a safe and stable jurisdiction where banking activities are respected worldwide and tightly regulated by both the FSPR and the FMA. Everest Markets prides itself on itself on its heritage but also opens itself up to clients from across the globe providing services for our clients in several languages.

As a New Zealand broker, we register and comply with the following government agencies:

FINANCIAL SERVICES PROVIDER

The FSPR or FSP is where all New Zealand brokers must register in order to provide FX and brokerage services.

I assume that you are registered with the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR). If so what is your registration number and please post a copy of your certificate of registration?

You also say:

ARE THERE ANY AUDITS OR CONTROLS IN PLACE TO SAFEGARD MY MONEY?

Everest Markets Limited is audited anually by 2 auditng houses. The primary audit is an internal audit conducted with a team of financial accountants at our offices in New Zealand. The secondary is an International Audit conducted by a 3rd party auditor. The results of which are available upon request towards our compliance and audit department.

Please provide and post a copy of either a certificate or letter from the 3rd party auditor confirming the outcome of the most recent audit and the period covered by the audit.

Finally I would remind you of your guarantee which reads:

EFFICIENCY

From staying ahead by using the latest technology or by investing in our team, we know that you will be satisfied with our service. Whether the markets are open or not, we are on stand-by making sure that your needs are taken care of. We understand that in todays world, "9-5" business hours will not due. Hence, we provide 24/7 support to our clients, bridging the gap between East and West, guaranteeing every question be answered.

I trust that you will be honoring your guarantee by answering both the questions that I have asked.

To avoid any doubt, they are:

I assume that you are registered with the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR). If so what is your registration number and please post a copy of your certificate of registration?

and

Please provide and post a copy of either a certificate or letter from the 3rd party auditor confirming the outcome of the most recent audit and the period covered by the audit.

Last edited:
Just to clarify (I'm easily confused): Can the (several) complainants against EVEREST MARKETS please confirm that they have or have not been paid?

The reason I ask - it looks like EVEREST MARKETS are simply pasting canned responses and dragging these traders through needless 'mediations' in order to save themselves a sum that is probably not in excess of $10k.

This is especially worrying because it stinks of a situation where trades are not actually being executed (therefore exposing their brokerage business to loss).

To put this $10k sum into perspective - a NZ company can be formed for less than $200, and can be authorized to trade FX for less than $5k.
I suspect that $10k is probably a fair valuation for the entire EVEREST MARKETS business scam.
Particularly as I suspect that there is NO minimum capital requirement over there for a firm of this type!

To re-quote (!) the EVEREST website:

WHY WE PARTNER WITH NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand is a safe and stable jurisdiction where banking activities are respected worldwide and tightly regulated by both the FSPR and the FMA.

To quote myself:
New Zealand... Sweet jurisdiction...
'No barriers to entry' into the business of banking and finance... which means ... yes you guessed it ... LOTS of scammers.
I'll 'like' any post containing the article about the US prisoner that was able to open a 'non bank' financial firm over there - from the comfort of his own jail cell!
FYI: New Zealand is about as 'Offshore' (read 'unregulated') as you can get!
Looks like it's not just sheep that are getting fleeced in New Zealand these days.

ED: Ahhh... here it is .. an FPA forum post!
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/11034-forex-scam-new-zealand-2.html

Last edited:
In a different thread, the rep from Everest Markets said that BronxFx has been paid. I haven't heard back from BronxFx on this issue. Based on that, I'm not posting a poll on this issue now.

If I get confirmation that payment was made, I'll mark this as resolved. If payment wasn't made, this goes to a vote next week.

I am very sorry for the delay, I was on holiday...
I can confirm that I got back my initial deposit (1.000 USD) via paypal. I got the money without prior communication from everest markets.
I am still waiting for my profits of 8 154.40 USD!! I have no idea if the money will arrive too....
Of course the fight will only stop if I get everey single cent!

Ok I saw the post from Everest Markets. It seems that they only mean the refund, not the profits...bad joke

Getting anything back is a step in the right direction. Now let's see if Everest plans to do anything else about this or not.

Dear George,

Thank you for bringing some key questions to the table. We want to be as transparent as possible with all our traders and people who we do business with.

Previously we operated as a Market Marker and a STP broker with Leverate. However we changed this relationship as we found that their practices in parallel with Metaquotes to be dodgy to say the least. Overall we were fortunate to be in discussions with Dukascopy Bank SA already, for a white label partnership agreement. Our liquidity now is SWFX, SWFX does connect to in-turn Goldman Sachs, Barclays Etc. We can place their logos on our website because we use those banks both directly and indirectly in b2b operations.

As a whole we do not agree with many of the practices taking place in the FX brokerage place. As a new firm, that's why we want to change the game. As senior members and seemingly well-informed traders, you can understand these issues, and we would love nothing more than to address them in order to gain more business and make the industry more fair.

With increased regulation worldwide (including New Zealand where hundreds of OTHER FSPs were banned and deregistered) we will probably be left with only an oligopoly of firms in the FX space. Unfortunately for now we can only rely on the trust of our traders to grow our business.

Kind Regards,

David Warren
Relationship Manager
Everest Markets

In respect of their claim that 'Our liquidity now is SWFX, SWFX does connect to in-turn Goldman Sachs, Barclays Etc. We can place their logos on our website because we use those banks both directly and indirectly in b2b operations, I have received an email from Barclays in response to my initial email to them. Here is a copy of both emails:

Hi George,

Thank you for your email.

Third party endorsement is against company policy, so the quick answer is no, though I will investigate further in case there is any background I’m unaware of.

Kind regards,

Olivia

Olivia Christiansen I AVP I Brand and Marketing

Tel +44 (0)20 7773 0969 I Email olivia.christiansen@barclays.com

Barclays, 5 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4BB

barclays.com

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 10:38 PM
To: Corporate Communications
Subject: Re: Use of your corporate logo

This is a very simple and quick question.

Is use of your corporate logo as on the web page linked below permitted?

https://www.everestmarkets.com/about-us/the-company

With kind regards

George

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: Email and webpage disclaimer | Barclays.

For important disclosures, please see: Sales and Trading Commentary Disclaimer | Barclays regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.

When Barclays respond further I will post their response. No doubt Barclays will be in touch with Everest Markets requesting them that they take the Barclays Logo off their website. Clearly their intention is to establish their credibility on the back of Barclays and other leading banks.

Last edited:
I am very sorry for the delay, I was on holiday...
I can confirm that I got back my initial deposit (1.000 USD) via paypal. I got the money without prior communication from everest markets.
I am still waiting for my profits of 8 154.40 USD!! I have no idea if the money will arrive too....
Of course the fight will only stop if I get everey single cent!

Ok I saw the post from Everest Markets. It seems that they only mean the refund, not the profits...bad joke

Good on you. Only by keeping up the pressure will you have any chance of receiving your profit. You have an army of support behind you.

Have you contacted the Financial Service Providers Register in New Zealand? As you can see I have stirred up some interest in Barclays. It may be worth contacting the other banks who logo's appear.

Thanks George, thanks for pointing that out. Interesting fact with the logos.
I have contacted Financial Services Complaints Limited, Financial Markets Authority and econsumer.gov about one week ago. After submitting my complaint, there was a bit of moving in this case.

Thanks George, thanks for pointing that out. Interesting fact with the logos.
I have contacted Financial Services Complaints Limited, Financial Markets Authority and econsumer.gov about one week ago. After submitting my complaint, there was a bit of moving in this case.

Way To Go

Together we will win and get your profits for you.

I got an reply from Financial Markets Authority. They advice me to contact FSCL. I did it 10 days ago, but I got no answer from Everest Markets so far.

Back