Have you ever met your broker?

Rambo35

Corporal
I am slowly getting tired of all those rather less intelligent remarks about what a good broker needs to have. For starters, regulation is not always good as is the case with US regulation and it does not guarantee your safety. There have been plenty of cases especially in the US where clients lost out big time despite being regulated in the US.

While having a broker who is regulated in reputable country is not bad at all, it is not the Holy Grail. I was wondering how many of you actually bothered to go and visit your brokers HQ unannounced to check it out and then arrange a face-to-face meeting?

In my opinion that is much more important than regulation, but hey that is just me. I got to meet my broker in person and after that I made my first deposit with them. It is called due diligence, but most don’t even understand how that works.

Anyone else who has met their broker in person?

No i have no meeting with my broker but we can just discuss trading trends with email or online.

Regulation doesn't guarantee safety, but good regulation at least means someone goes to jail if the broker runs off with all the money. Meeting someone who runs a bucketshop out of a tiny office and who can disappear into the night without a trace doesn't provide a lot of security.

I've never met met any of my brokers. What I do know is that they have real offices at real addresses in case I have the need to pay one of them a visit.

My broker is HotForex, it's based EU and I'm in Asia so I couldn't meet them but I was in converstations with them when I opened my live account and sometimes with CS team for some small problems.

Back