• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem He made too much money so his broker kept it all

I am having an issue with a company
Doing my bit to help.

It's nice to be apart of a forum that assists its members. Keep up the good work FPA.

Whilst I doubt that it will make any real difference, I decided to send off an email to MoneyForex myself. The contents follows:

"Attention MoneyForex

I am new to forex and have to say that the industry appears to be a sham with broker dishonesty reports prevalent.

In my view, a broker is someone who works with and for his/her clients but in the world of forex it appears to me that the broker's primary intention is to work against the client.

In light of the case reported below, there's not a chance that I would ever consider trading with your company.

Just thought I's stop by to say so.

Kind regards

Wayne Blackman
Australia"

Support by words won't help, people.
For this kind of scammers you need to find new friends like Russian or Albanian or Serbian Mafia! As I know they are greedy too (they'll take 30-50% money from account) but it doesn't matter: Such kind of broker must be destroyed and and CEO's son or daughter must finish in crippled chair for example. Sorry, but that's the only language they understand, don't you think so?

Too Bad, Very Sad

I truly sympathize with EdForex on his great loss. Experience is a bitter, better and wiser teacher, especially when you have been hurt by circumstances outside you control. Can EdForex ever get his money from thos fraudsters? I doubt so. So MoneyForex is not worth his crying over spilled milk.

EdForex should gird his loins and go back to work on a reasonable and responsible broker - they may not be more than five- that cater to retail traders.

Shalom my brother! I say "it is well with you"

9ja

Go to the National Futures Association and file a complaint, Ed! It doesn't cost much; and they are the best advocates you have legally. Go to: www.nfa.org.

Good luck.

The NFA can only help with US based brokerages. There's a reason why a lot of brokerages go to certain countries. It's because of the lack of regulation.

The NFA isn't perfect, but at least it provides some safeguards. The same applies to the FSA in the UK. Neither one can help with this broker.

Last edited:
move on...

am proud to be a member of FPA.....and to EDFOREX, i say sorry bro., you have to move on. Kudos to FPA, you guys are doing a great job, watching our backs. Bless you guys.

in depth information

Hi,

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. After closing my account and weeks of calls and emails they finally said they closed my account to the missue of the margin -> I had over $100K with them also.

I took them to court and have some documents that I can attach that might be of some use for you - since 2006 they have been struck off the BVI register. They are now back on as to get legal aid you need to be registered.

Siew Poh Khong is the guy that runs to the show also called Paul. He lives in malaysia. I have his address if you want it.

my email is orth80@hotmail.com - email me and I'll send you what information I have. I also have a legal team in BVI that can help you if needed.

recovery of funds?

Did Edforex recover any of his account. I had a similar situation and lost the amount I had gained on some of my trades but was able to recover the rest of my account. Nothing worked until I sent a direct email with a deadline of two weeks or I would report them to the correct authority's in the UK and file a formal complaint. I sent them the correct authority's name and address with this email. I got a very quick reply that they would look into it. At the end of two weeks I sent them another email that I had not received any wire transfers. Again they replied promptly and said wire transfer was being sent. I than asked for wire transfer bank details which they sent me again promptly. After three more days wire transfer completed in my account. If anyone needs the UK authority info I can look it up again. Hope this helps

Regulated Brokers also Cheat!

Is this POSSIBLE?

This isn theft, aren't these brokers regulated?
Can't Edforex appeal to the authorities?

Day light robbery. unbelievable, now I am starting havinf doubts about my broker, I find it funny that when I am winning 20+ pips and wish to close the trade, I always have to requote.
At first I thought it was my connection, but it doesn't happen with any other platforms, only with the one I trade most.
Every time a trade goes against me and I close it, never have a requote only when I am infront.
Well I am absolutely disgusted about Edforex.
An well done Investigation Team.
I sincerelly hope that Edforex gets his money.
This article should be posted in Google so other people will not open an account with MoneyForex.
Best of luck.
C Millo

Never be taken in just because a broker claims that they are regulated, they are honest and reliable.

Let me relate how I discovered this broker in Singapore has been cheating me and their clients.

City Index Asia Pte Ltd misrepresented that their retail FX prices are fair and transparent, and that they charged only a fixed deal spread. They also misrepresented that they have expert staff to offer professional services, but chose not to answer my question which is vital and relevant in influencing my trading decisions.

Their managers are also unaware of certain very important available functions in their own trading platform, which are relevant and useful to clients' trading decisions - example trading volume. They chose not to tell me what the units in the volume column stands for ( 1 for one mini or standard or? ) despite repeated reminders for an answer since 2 months ago.

However, my findings show that they are reaping their clients off via the following unscrupulous methods:

1. Repeated and frequent slippages that can add up their clients' trading costs by as high as an additional 100 pips more per lot per trade!

2. Even when no slippages occurred, the actual price captured in a client's statement is often a few pips more than what appeared on the screen when a trade is executed.

3. Their dealers entered my open positions and exited them without my instructions. Initially they denied doing so, but eventually offered to compensate me with a few thousand dollars as settlement, which I did not accept due to reasons which I'll explain during FIDREC/MAS investigation.

4. They have dealers to trade against me.

5. They fixed off-market prices by sudden price gap of as high as 152 pips, when at that identical time a check with two other brokers' platforms showed no price gaps at all.

6. They manipulated prices to STOP out trades that have STOP LOSS level set, even as far away as over 100 pips!

7. They manipulated indicators that traders usually relied upon, to trick them into entering trades in the wrong direction.

I have documented details of my complaint in the pdf report, downloadable from:

http://www.pchenxu.addr.com/ci/Findings_CityIndex.pdf

Such rogue broker must not be allowed to get off scot-free with their scams.

I urge traders to be alert and observant during trading, and record any suspicious activity systematically. Then promtly report to the relevant authorities urging them to inititiate prompt investigations.

All the scenarios reported in my findings should provide a good warning (or reflections/recaps of similar encounters) to unwarry traders who continue to lose despite possessing all the right knowledge, strategies and skills (technical and psychological).

Let us join hands in sharing all our suspicions in forums. If we see a particular weird encounter keeps repeating amongst traders' trade with their individual broker (or identical broker) in their open sharing in forums, then simple law of probability theory can confirm that that weird scenario cannot happen just by mere chance, but by the purported work of human/system from the broker. Traders should then report these rogue brokers to the relevant authorities, and boycott them to force them to come clean with us.

I hope my findings will enlighten unwarry traders.

I wish all Chinese here a very healthy and blessed Chinese New Year!

Sincerely, Pierre
Mobile: +65-90018710

Last edited:
The Aussies with ASIC and the americans with NFA have the two tighest regulators of the global financial industry.

Australia's ASIC regulations actually protected the banks from themselves, by being such a tightly,regulated industry that not even 1 of the Australian owned banks are even threatened by this global financial crisis. This is the same for a sub branch of financial industry that we trade in... ...the forex industry.

Back