How do you handle your losses?

I don’t take more than 1% in my trade; so usually I don’t lose such a huge percentage of my trading capital! My money management plan helps me a lot to recover my trading losses!

Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.
Have a loss limit for the day - personally I shut my PC off after 3 losing trades in a day. Stop the FOMO and frustration.

Many experts suggested limiting the risk to only 1-2% of each trading plan, it could increase the opportunity to try again.

Many experts suggested limiting the risk to only 1-2% of each trading plan, it could increase the opportunity to try again.
This is the key and understanding the probabilistic nature of trading and that a random distribution will be assigned to your trading despite an edge being present

Sometimes traders meet with loss, although we try hard to avoid it, the loss is part of trading, but need to control it.

Back