How do you handle your losses?

I stop trading for a week or so if weekly loss exceeds 15% of equity. It is necessary to calm down, ease immediate discomfort caused by bad performance, review trades and learn from mistakes.

Properly developed attitude to profit and loss is the basis. Without the ability to accept this, psychological burnout and loss of a deposit will quickly come.

Properly developed attitude to profit and loss is the basis. Without the ability to accept this, psychological burnout and loss of a deposit will quickly come.
Loss is something painful, as human nature is greedy, want to get something that exceeds the line, but have limited, if we cannot willing to accept loss, it will be more painful.

Loss is something painful, as human nature is greedy, want to get something that exceeds the line, but have limited, if we cannot willing to accept loss, it will be more painful.

In fact, profits also cause stress, often no less than losses. The main thing is to be able to cope with stress, and its causes in themselves are not so important.

In fact, profits also cause stress, often no less than losses. The main thing is to be able to cope with stress, and its causes in themselves are not so important.

Hi. I agree with you. Profits provoke greed, which is no less harmful to work than the fear of loss.

Forex trading is not suitable for everybody psychologically, it is suitable for quiet, disciplined people. Discipline is the most important thing in trading because it allows the trader to trade strictly on the proven trading system.
The way I do it to keep my nerves in check and to survive losses more easily:
1. I always trade with small lots relative to my capital.
2. Always put a risk of 2-2.5% for a deal.
Adhering to these two rules I saved a lot of nerves and money.

Back