How many pips you make per week?

Some times I make 20 pips in one day , but it is not possible always in trading. after 3 years of experience now I am able to make good and profitable pips weekly that make me satisfied with forex business.

If one is confident of making even 20 pips perday this can be a lot in contributing towards the financial success. Thus, the traders should be more focused on the success potentiality rather than depending upon the huge number of pips to be made. I always wish to make consistent trading profits each week so that my monthly income is in net profit.

May be its depend of the available equity that we have and also its depends on the condition of market trend currently . But however we must create plan for target per day or weekly is really advisable . for personally i think if my balance just $100 then my target 5% per week then if i am using 0.01 lots size then i will decide a target just 50 pips per weeks.

Consistency is the key, you had to have an overall good record if you want to survive in forex market, making huge pips in any particular week or month is not what a good trader do. He makes less pips but with consistency.

Consistency is the key, you had to have an overall good record if you want to survive in forex market, making huge pips in any particular week or month is not what a good trader do. He makes less pips but with consistency.

I am agree with you. Consistency is important thing in forex business. It's better for traders to be able capable keep consistency than capability to gain big amount in certain time but possible to lose big amount of loss in other time. It's not easy to keep consistency on profit because you should manage amount of profits and losses so the profit could recover the losses. Consistency could be achieved when traders can prepare good money management and risk management in many different conditions of market.

Some times I make 20 pips in one day , but it is not possible always in trading. after 3 years of experience now I am able to make good and profitable pips weekly that make me satisfied with forex business.

Sounds great because 20 safe pips trading with risk management will make more sense to me anyway. Frankly to say, even 20 pips per day will make you rich, sooner or later and it is more realistic. I know maybe some people makes 500-1000 per weeks, but does it have actual risk management in place, that's my question.

If one is confident of making even 20 pips perday this can be a lot in contributing towards the financial success. Thus, the traders should be more focused on the success potentiality rather than depending upon the huge number of pips to be made. I always wish to make consistent trading profits each week so that my monthly income is in net profit.

Absolutely agree. We need to be realistic in this business, instead of dreaming for short period of time with big gain, but next month account burned. That's what I usually saw on those signal community, haven't found a single one who can long stand there for more than 6 months. Recently, I have even found out that they can even manipulate those figures to earn those subscription fees.

I also believe on safe and sure earning . Making high profits may be possible for some times but this can damage your account any time.That is why some good pips are better to gain . I try to make more than 50 pips many times but fail . Now I try to make just some pips for me.

I also believe on safe and sure earning . Making high profits may be possible for some times but this can damage your account any time.That is why some good pips are better to gain . I try to make more than 50 pips many times but fail . Now I try to make just some pips for me.

Yes, safe although not sure but at least with only high probability trade. As a trader, we always target to bag pips instead of volumes we traded. If you have 50 pips per week with USD 20 per point, you will get USD 1,000 per week. It is the same thing if you have good money management. Those big pips and high risk trading of behavior more suitable for those who always crazily dream big. That's why I will always say, we need to be realistic in business instead of dreaming.

@iMusingKiMi....in our country, just making USD50-200 per day is pretty good money for a lot of our people who have to toiled under the hot sun for that type of money....i.e between RM4-16K per month (based on 22 trading days). And our young Engineers says they will be perfectly happy with USD50-100 per day.

How much one make, and be satisfied, from the forex market is relative to one's life style. Personally for me, I stop trading when I see nothing much to trade anymore....and I have learned to stop (or at least keep under control) impulsive and unsubstantiated trades....meaning not to trade when there are no clear indication of probable currency direction. It seems to be working as I have been pretty consistent in daily profits for the last couple months.

@iMusingKiMi....in our country, just making USD50-200 per day is pretty good money for a lot of our people who have to toiled under the hot sun for that type of money....i.e between RM4-16K per month (based on 22 trading days). And our young Engineers says they will be perfectly happy with USD50-100 per day.

How much one make, and be satisfied, from the forex market is relative to one's life style. Personally for me, I stop trading when I see nothing much to trade anymore....and I have learned to stop (or at least keep under control) impulsive and unsubstantiated trades....meaning not to trade when there are no clear indication of probable currency direction. It seems to be working as I have been pretty consistent in daily profits for the last couple months.

Yeah, and in fact we are in the same country. Frankly to says, I make really on average of 150 pips per week only and of course some week I do have losses, not include of my long term hedge position. I can be a full time trader, no need stuck on those traffic jams, paying more fuel and whatsoever. I see a lot of trader fail not because of the market or strategy or whatsoever, most of them were their mindset that dreams too big which cannot be achieves consistently in trading career.

Back