How many pips you make per week?

How many Pips I'm making ?? Haha, I am actually losing many pips per week. :p have been tried to improve my skills and experience to Earn some profits, but still couldn't change the things.

Try and try again till you succeed. It is quite common for the traders to lose their hard earned money to the forex market. If one wants to excel in the trading business then continuous effort needs to be put in by the traders to develop their trading skills to gather more and more pips.

I have no fixed traget but i surely know its not easy to make a 100 pip a week, my monthly average is a close to 300 a month, well atleast thats what im trying to hit every now and then. but mind setting is important, i try to always remind my self that as long as the outcome is positive then its good, even breakeven is acceptable at this point, guys remember BREAKEVEN might not have profit in it but it definitely has no lose!! :)

How many Pips I'm making ?? Haha, I am actually losing many pips per week. :p have been tried to improve my skills and experience to Earn some profits, but still couldn't change the things.

Keep trying and trying, the only advice I can provide. The most difficult to go through before going trading full time were this kind of mid period. I have fail for 7 years before going full time. True story.

I have no fixed traget but i surely know its not easy to make a 100 pip a week, my monthly average is a close to 300 a month, well atleast thats what im trying to hit every now and then. but mind setting is important, i try to always remind my self that as long as the outcome is positive then its good, even breakeven is acceptable at this point, guys remember BREAKEVEN might not have profit in it but it definitely has no lose!! :)

Yes, it is not easy at all even with 100 pips per week, especially with well money and risk management. 500 pips per week, forget about it. That's not trading.

Yes, it is not easy at all even with 100 pips per week, especially with well money and risk management. 500 pips per week, forget about it. That's not trading.

I trade on low-lots with large deposit and to meet my profit expectations I have to close trades only when it takes around 100 pips. Swing and long-term traders expect their trades to withstand heavy price drops but which have insignificant impact on their deposit.

I trade on low-lots with large deposit and to meet my profit expectations I have to close trades only when it takes around 100 pips. Swing and long-term traders expect their trades to withstand heavy price drops but which have insignificant impact on their deposit.

Basically, if you can control your risk at 1-3% per trade for short term trading, it should be good. But frankly to says, I am not sure how swing and long term trades work because I don't open a trade for long time. Usually less than 4 hours because I want to control my risk exposure.

Basically, if you can control your risk at 1-3% per trade for short term trading, it should be good. But frankly to says, I am not sure how swing and long term trades work because I don't open a trade for long time. Usually less than 4 hours because I want to control my risk exposure.

I think it could be done in short-term or long-term trading because you can use proper lot size when you want to risk 1-3% in each transaction. But surely, if you want to trade with swing trading method so you must hold position for more than a day (usually 2-3 days, but sometimes it could be weeks) so you should use the lowest lot size if you don't want to risk too much. Usually, long-term traders will risk hundreds pips in single transaction but the target could be same hundreds pips too in a week.

The Canadian dollar lost about 270 points, as USD/CAD pushed past the 1.30 line for the first time since March 2009. That was mainly due to further BOC "surprise" rate cut, below expectation GDB, falling oil &commodities prices, and...as a matter of course...the much anticipated US rate hikes.

There really is not that much more that USD/CAD can appreciate...perhaps to resistance at 1.3346 held firm since August 2004.
All eyes & ears will be on US FOCM meeting & FED stance on rake hikes on Wed and, so, if the US FED reaffirmed Sep'15 1st rate hikes, market will further price in the USD/CAD and, from that level, short selling will be a good way to make money over the course of 1-2 months...or go long on any significant dips right up to the US FED 1st rate hikes.

I find day trading a lot riskier than trend trading.

Depends how you understand and what you have learnt. I can keep my price variation of entry between 8-12 pips of against and cut my loss on average of less than 20 pips with 75% of success trades rate, so do you think it is risky in day trading? Swing trading consume about at least maybe 80 pips stop loss and usually success rate about 65% as I know in majority, so which is more riskier?

Back