ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 :)

According to the video, if you hit it "out of the park", that's 6 runs. Has anyone gotten more than 6 while the ball was in play? If so, what's the record score for one hit?

According to the video, if you hit it "out of the park", that's 6 runs. Has anyone gotten more than 6 while the ball was in play? If so, what's the record score for one hit?

Well, 20 Runs in single ball
The world record Made in Big bash League
3 Sixes in 1 Ball (Another 2 No Ball)

Definition of NO BALL

In the sport of cricket a No ball is a penalty against the fielding team, usually as a result of an illegal delivery by the bowler. The delivery of a No ball results in one run - two under some Regulations - to be added to the batting team's score, and an additional ball must be bowled. In addition, the number of ways in which the batsman can be given out is reduced except for run out. In Twenty20 and recently one-day cricket matches, a batsman receives a 'free hit' on the ball after any foot fault no ball (see below). This means the batsman can freely hit the ball with no danger of being out in certain ways. No balls are not uncommon, especially in short form cricket, and fast bowlers tend to bowl them more often than spin bowlers, due to their longer run-up.

Some No balls are considered dangerous and unfair. If deliberate, the bowler may be suspended from bowling immediately, and the incident reported. If accidental, repetition will have additional consequences for the bowler and team. For repetition, and also for throwing, the bowler may be suspended from bowling in the game, reported, and required to undertake remedial work on his bowling action.

Fast short pitched bowling may also be judged dangerous and unfair by its repetition, and it is the repetition that will at some point cause the Umpire to call No ball.

[video=youtube;eZ_IOp638kQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ_IOp638kQ[/video]

Looks like multiple pitches (bowls?) count as a single ball in play.

What I wanted to know was if anyone who didn't hit one over the fence (6 runs) ever scored more than 6 from a single hit of the ball by running back and forth on the pitch. i.e. - most runs scored in a single incident of running.

Looks like multiple pitches (bowls?) count as a single ball in play.

What I wanted to know was if anyone who didn't hit one over the fence (6 runs) ever scored more than 6 from a single hit of the ball by running back and forth on the pitch. i.e. - most runs scored in a single incident of running.

Its 5 runs so far, here is the video.

[video=youtube;Vq_uV-PURW0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq_uV-PURW0[/video]

Hmmmn. . . the announcers didn't sound very excited. Are you sure this one is the record for the most?

I know right? They NEVER sound excited. It's like they are sitting on the pitch or something and don't want to ruin it :)

Is the announcer psychic? :D As the guy is chasing the ball at the beginning of the video, the announcer predicts it will be 4 and might even be 5.

Back