Ponzi Scheme investing4you.co.uk scam forex investment

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Well he did take client's money and claim to invest on client's behalf, without an FCA license. I don't think you can rule him out, he is complicit and is therefore accountable.

Not ruling him out in the entirety as he should have had the licence prior to any trading so that element is illegal in itself. Probably just get a slap on the wrist given our judicial system

A couple of my thoughts:

Our MP won't do anything, I'm not sure she could/would especially if there's an active investigation.

I see comments that he's lawyering up - I've seen no evidence of this, other than a Whatsapp message, and any communications from i4u should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I reported this to the police (what feels like a long time ago) and they were not interested until there was a victim. They recommended that I contact the FCA and Action Fraud but that wasn't straight forward and I still haven't heard anything back, so I wouldn't assume anything regarding inestigations as true. Website is still up - I'd expected that to ahve been pulled if the FCA were all over this.

The only thing I know for certain is that one of his clients has had their bank account suspended pending investigations by their bank.

There's a lot of conjecture and speculation in here and a lot of people seemingly working off i4u messages as if they are legit.

I'd imagine the FCA to take forever to investigate this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's sat on a "to look at " pile on a desk somewhere.

Obviously I could be very wrong (!) - it wouldn't be the first time!

Why? She can’t do anything; only fraud police can.

the only thing she’ll do is use it for a photo opportunity

If there's a significant crime in progress, drawing as much attention to it as fast as possible is the right thing to do. Yes, an MP or member of the city council can't make an arrest, but they can point out "issues of concern" to those who do have the authority to throw more resources into an investigation.

It may also be worth calling the press on this. If they run a story about this, more people will come forward.

Personally, I haven't yet seen a case with an evil mastermind behind a frontman who pretends to be a trading guru and likes to show off expensive cars. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've seen more than enough Ponzis unravel to know it's highly unusual.

Running a Ponzi scheme isn't brain surgery. Charles Ponzu kept client records on index cards. It would be VERY simple to create an Excel file to track all the money (real money and fake claims of money). I'll wager someone out there even sells a template for it.

Overall, the theory sounds more like a way to try to divert blame. The claim the FCA shut down his account and that the banks froze the accounts could easily be designed to give more time to transfer the money away for a thorough run through the laundry. Or, he could say "All resolved. Go ahead and deposit more now and withdrawals will be available in a week."

No matter what, don't sit back and wait. Talk to your bank. If you happen to have your account with the same banking firm he's with, talk to your bank even more. If you transferred or received money via PayPal, talk to them. Give every scrap of info you have to the SFO, the FCA, and the nearest police station with a fraud department. Tell your MP. Tell the mayor. Tell the city council. Tell the newspapers. Tell the TV stations.

Don't give up. You may have lost a significant percent of your funds, but if you can keep the remaining money from ending up in a safe deposit box in the Caribbean, you have a chance to get at least some of it back.

Well he did take client's money and claim to invest on client's behalf, without an FCA license. I don't think you can rule him out, he is complicit and is therefore accountable.

He could believe it is invested in a bigger pot and that he's using that person's FCA reg'n and they're just feeding him info - he might be thinking he's a franchisee of a genius and taking the credit himself for whatever reason he has been fed.

I don't think he's clever enough to get it this big by himself, nor do I think he's stupid enough to think he can blag his way out of it.

A couple of my thoughts:

Our MP won't do anything, I'm not sure she could/would especially if there's an active investigation.

I see comments that he's lawyering up - I've seen no evidence of this, other than a Whatsapp message, and any communications from i4u should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I reported this to the police (what feels like a long time ago) and they were not interested until there was a victim. They recommended that I contact the FCA and Action Fraud but that wasn't straight forward and I still haven't heard anything back, so I wouldn't assume anything regarding inestigations as true. Website is still up - I'd expected that to ahve been pulled if the FCA were all over this.

The only thing I know for certain is that one of his clients has had their bank account suspended pending investigations by their bank.

There's a lot of conjecture and speculation in here and a lot of people seemingly working off i4u messages as if they are legit.

I'd imagine the FCA to take forever to investigate this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's sat on a "to look at " pile on a desk somewhere.

In one of my posts further back, I've attatched a response i recieve from the FCA, they were quick to respond, within 2 days requesting more information regarding the business.
The more information provided to the FCA/Police etc just helps to build a better case in the long run if investors are being told contrasting explanations as to why his accounts are "frozen"

A couple of my thoughts:

Your not wrong ..If people want to "give their money" to some one who isn't registered and licenced by the FCA then that's their fault. The FCA intervein and investigate if they have licenced the trader etc..like when you book a holiday ATOL don't help you if you book your holiday not through them. The Accounts haven't been frozen. Yes someone's have but not I4U.. The lies have come from them/him thats the hard part..transfering money into account isnt hard..its doesn't take a genius??? just a good/convincing liar and a computer??

I have a family member who still believes every word Dec says. ..every excuse. This person in January invested less than £10,000. Dec has said it is now worth 1 million. This person is one of Decs cheer leaders. Posting pictures of lots of fancy goods on line. The worry for me is massive.
Believed the dream ...( I didn't)...told all family and friends..... I kept saying this is 'Lala -Land..
Dec now says this is a vendetta against him. ..they will got their money in 2-3 weeks...
Thank you all for explaining forex scams. I thought I was on my own. You have helped me alot.

Just a response from FCA regarding documents submitted, the only update I have recieved so far

Attachments

• 20210806_131354.jpg
    20210806_131354.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 133
Back