• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss IvyBot.com

General discussions of a financial company
IVYBOT performing bad trades with USD/JPY

i purchased IVYBOT since about 12 days ago
and since then it made few trades on EUR/USD which were successful trades
also USD/CHF made a successful trades .
but for USD/JPY the trades was too bad and always losing although i made all installments suggested by the IVYBOT team .
also no single trade has been done by the EUR/JPY .
till now i can't say anything about this EA it is doing very good trade in certain currency pairs and losing with other currency pairs .
i want to know what is your opinion about that ?

Removing IvyBot today. Wrote Clickbank asking for refund Sun, got confirmation Mon.

My IvyBot test accounts, on the default settings, are at about breakeven now, including last nights loss. So far this robot hasnt produced much. its decision making in real time dosent seem quite as good as during the backtest, and the file size is so small it absolutely rules out any advanced trading algorithm.

This appears to be an extremely simplistic channel trader with a trailing stop. The 10K file size doesnt leave space for much more.

Considering the small file size, the inconclusive results so far, the extreme reliance on the developers for constant optimizations, and the 149$ price. It dosent seem quite worth it. I may be wrong, and I'll keep an eye on this column for any longer term results, but for now I'm out.

settings

Jon,
you implied that you set the SL and TS to different values than the original setting of 0.0. What are the values you set that have worked for you? You mentioned that when you used reasonable values. What were they?

Thanks in advance.

i have been going through your experiences and am also stuck with the settings.
can you please advise what to put at trailing stop and stop loss.no much experience,and no response from customer service
thanks in advance
beatrice

IVYBOT Issues

I have been running Ivybot on Demo for some time (2 monts or so) without any significant results. I recently udated to version 5.1 and had an immediate good result with a gain of 359, which gave me some encouragement although short lived.
Unfortunately this was then followed by EUR/USD loss of 5 trades at -82 and three trades at -72.
I have compared my results to those shown on the demo on this website and can't understand why I do not get similar results.
Can anyone advise on this poor performance or the correct settings for this autopilot as otherwise it is a waste of time and not conducive to starting a real live account.

:unhappy:

I junked this EA

I was at the webinar. They bragged about all the Ivy-leage brain power that went into the bot. When the rubber hit the road however, it was a wreck. I cannot tolerate a bot that makes gains then loses it right back. The demo account on FPA speaks for itself.

IvyBot boys need to go back to school. :p

I started using IVYBOT on a BEAM FX demo account on 7/28/09. To date it has made 15 trades 14 on USDJPY and 1 on USDCHF. It does not trade on the other pairs it is supposed to. Total has been 7 winning trades and 8 losing trades. Currently am -$50.00 for the account. I ihave checked the settings and everything looks correct and I get the smiley face on the chart.

IVYBOT POINT over here and says "Look at this site and how well we are doing". Somebody give me a hint will you?

I am in the USA. Is BEAM the wrong broker. IVYBOT recommneded them and they good reviews here.

I started using IvyBot latest version and followed all their settings. I put 5000 and received 530 profit in first day then all trades were losses afterwords. The account lost 22% now in less than a week. I don't know what should I do. Any help please email me to ausus6@hotmail.com thanks!

IvyBot is a scam

I lost 25% of 5k in four days. I disabled account and requested refund. It is a scam, be careful!!!

I'm sorry you lost money, but putting any EA on a live account is risky. Simply trading a live account is risky. Its really neccessary to test and prove the system first.

I dont know that IvyBot is a total scam, its back tests went very well, but even there it seemed incomplete. Some pairs, such as the eurjpy only traded once in an entire year, and forward testing could not duplicate the results. I no longer have the results from my demo account, but I ran this on my live account, at 0.01 micro lot, for the month of Sept. before refunding it, and it traded all three pairs except the eurjpy. Two trades on the eurusd, $5.10 and$0.30 profits, three trades on the usdchf, $2.74, $4.27, and $1.65 profit, and four trades on the usdjpy, $-3.67, $4.43, $-3.96, and -$5.91, all at 0.01 micro lot. Which wasnt totaly bad, but there were still enough doubts about the quality, such as the incredibly small file sizes, and the fact that certain pairs did not trade well at all, and the fact that none of the aggressive settings worked profitably, and each traded very differently, to convince me that this wasnt a finished work, but rather something that was thrown together and rushed to market to sell.

The most suprising thing was the number of respected Forex teachers and traders who all came out to endorse this EA. This says a lot about the nature of the network among these traders, and the profits offered by Clickbanks affiliate arrangment. Be careful and use common sense. If these EA's were as good as claimed its doubtful that they would be selling them to us for the prices they are, no matter what they say.

IvyBot 5.2

The latest version just came out this past week, which suppose to address most of the issues we were having. Will see. It seems they marketed this product half cooked, and we are the beta users. So for now, no live trading. Currently, I'm comparing it with MegaDroid, which also had some issues as well. Obviously, we can't expect a perfect product, especially with these prices.

Back